Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotational stories?

Hi! :blush: I've started my own blog to tell stories of my sims (https://simsimseree.wordpress.com/). I'm hoping the separate stories will entwine together in one way or another. I used blog about my legacy challenge in sims 2, but that was a good while back and got stuck on generation 5 I think...

My guestion is do you know any rotational style blogs? Most people seem to write about legacies or other challenges. If anyone has any tips for rotational writing I'd gladly read them. Can posts with constantly changing characters (that then appear as side characters in other stories) grab your attention? Also I'm not native in english, I think my english is fluent, but writing stories takes the challenge on a next level. I'm just hoping it's not unpleasant to read, because it's very likely that I have and will phrase some things in a stupid way.

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Hi, had a look at your story and it's looking great so far - Kara is my favourite :)

I think the main challenge of telling a rotational story would be making sure to introduce characters gradually enough for the readers not to get confused. I think my favourite rotational style stories I read were @CK213 's Sims 3 stories revolving around Lisa Bunch.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Thanks for checking it out! Kara is fun to write about because she seems to live in her own world kind of :p

I was thinking of maybe adding a separate characters page to write who is who and add some family trees. But ideally I'd like the posts to work on their own, so it's good idea to pay attention to gradual introductions.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Hi there luimistelija ~ To address your questions in the OP - yes! Some of my favorite stories are rotational - here's a couple excellent ones you might check out:
    @RachelRosebud 's Gather Ye Rosebuds (she has a bio section like you mentioned doing - it's under "Sims" on the menu bar thingie - it's really neat for readers, helps us keep track of who is who)
    @SimSiren3 's Oasis Springs Social Experiment
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Thanks for all the links, bookmarked! @CK213's story made me want to try sims 3, I'd love a chance to test story progression in rotational play. I enjoyed looking through the bios @RachelRosebud wrote and @SimSiren3 has really cool background story. People have such great ideas :smiley:
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Hi there luimistelija ~ To address your questions in the OP - yes! Some of my favorite stories are rotational - here's a couple excellent ones you might check out:
    @RachelRosebud 's Gather Ye Rosebuds (she has a bio section like you mentioned doing - it's under "Sims" on the menu bar thingie - it's really neat for readers, helps us keep track of who is who)
    @SimSiren3 's Oasis Springs Social Experiment
    Thanks for all the links, bookmarked! @CK213's story made me want to try sims 3, I'd love a chance to test story progression in rotational play. I enjoyed looking through the bios @RachelRosebud wrote and @SimSiren3 has really cool background story. People have such great ideas :smiley:

@FloorRaisin @luimistelija Thank You! The Sims bio pages are just a fun way to keep track of my Sims as the families get bigger and more complicated. I like to look back at all their memories, and kind of see how my game has grown, too. :)