The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving from one neighbourhood to another? Sims 2

RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
I've done some researching and found a way to move a sim to another neighborhood and it working fine, but I've found that others say it causes corruption and I want to know if anyone has moved their sims to a new neighbourhood and had any trouble or not?

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Putting a family in the bin and then placing them in another neighborhood is not recommended. It leaves little bits of crap code in the old neighborhood and brings little bits of crap code to the new neighborhood. The corruption will not be immediate, but over time you may start seeing signs of corruption.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Oh yes, I moved the "fake" Strangetown Bella to Pleasantview back in 2008 because I wanted to reunite her with family.

Both Strangetown AND Pleasantview became unplayable within months.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yea, it will cause problems. The first time I played this game, back when there was still a TS2 official web site, I did this. I did almost everything that is considered a huge NO NO, as far a causing corruption. When you move a single sim, every sim they have met or known those files will carry over with them. Now if you do the same to more than one sim, all those files will move as well. So for example you have 4 sims you are moving and they all knew Mortimer Goth, his file would be copied 4 times and moved over as well. Not the sim, but the fractured data that everyone is talking about. I hope this made sense.

Now there is one way of moving a sim that I know of, and you should be fine. Say for example you are playing Pleasantview, and you know how it has attached hoods, such as Downtown, or the shopping district, you should be able to move them with out any problem. If I am wrong, someone please let me know.
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Yeah, it does. You might not even notice it tbh. I played a corrupted hood for years (back before i knew what could corrupt the game.) I wouldn't risk it if you haven't done it yet, though.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2015
    I found a guide a while back using S2PE to remove memories from a sim before moving. It's a big pain in the butt. Let me see if I can dig the guide up.

Edit: Nope... Can't find it because I'm not sure what I typed in to find it in the first place.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Actually, you shouldn't be able to move them between neighborhoods in the Sim bin - only between subhoods. Such as from Pleasantview to the Downtown area of Pleasantview. That is okay.... as long as the family is taken out of the house and put in the Simbin. Leave the house until it's empty- actually I think it's best to get a new house. :)

Each Neighborhood has it's own Sim bin. Don't move Sims or add Sim in the houses.

Plus, you can move a few family members out by paper/computer- and maybe invite the others to move it. That's still within the same neighborhood and Subhoods of that neighborhood.

You can extract the Sims with Simpe and then remake them in CAF.
  • MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > I found a guide a while back using S2PE to remove memories from a sim before moving. It's a big pain in the butt. Let me see if I can dig the guide up.
    >
    > Edit: Nope... Can't find it because I'm not sure what I typed in to find it in the first place.

You mean these guides:
    www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Moving_Sims
    sumomo.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=228915

I personally wouldn't risk going through all that, cloning sims are much safer. But, I'll leave these links here for anyone interested.
    Signature3.jpg
  • RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    Thanks for the help everyone :) I've decided not to move my sim in the end :)