Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for The Sims 4 Pets/Farm Life

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
edited July 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So I wanted to create this thread to share my ideas for animals/pets in The Sims 4. I will update this later :)

Horses and ponies
Since we had horses in The Sims 3 Pets EP, I think it's clear how many players wanted ponies as well. Horses looked realistic in TS3, but there were many routing issues (I remember my Sim's horse teleporting inside their house and it couldn't get out of the house). If Sims 4 will have horses and ponies in the future, I hope Maxis can find solutions for possible routing issues and glitches for them. Also I remember how we could play with horses in TS3 Pets, and sometimes when my active horse tried to communicate with another horse, it walked around the other horse and couldn't socialize with it. This needs to be fixed in TS4 Pets. Horses could get a new special lot type in The Sims 4, like a horse park, and there could be bigger lots for horses as they need a lot of space. Appaloosa Plains, the world in Sims 3 Pets, had lots of huge lots, so The Sims 4 Pets/Farm Life should have a new world that has bigger lots too.

Cats
I hope that cats will have more activities in The Sims 4 Pets than they had in previous games. I always thought that dogs (and horses in TS3 Pets) were given more activities and attention in previous Pets expansions. Create a Pet in The Sims 4 should be as creative as the Create a Sim. What I really liked in TS3 Pets' CaP was the advanced customization options (we could put different patterns to pets' fur like butterflies and skeleton things etc.), and I hope that we will get similar advanced options in The Sims 4 Pets as well. I hope that Sims will be able to give cats cream, fish, gourmet cat food and other treats, and that cats can give birth to their offspring in a box, that would be so cute. Also what intrigues me in real life is that cats and dogs sometimes eat each other's foods, that would be a realistic thing in The Sims 4 Pets :) Cat shows would be amazing too!

Dogs
I think it would be so realistic if there were more sizes for dogs in The Sims 4 than there there were in previous Pets games, more than just the 2 (small and bigger). It would be lovely if Sims could buy collars and jogging bands for dogs (and maybe cats as well) from a pet store. Also small dogs like chihuahuas should be able to jump onto a sofa or a bed.

Rodents
It would be very realistic if rodents could have offspring in a cage if there could be more than 1 small pet inside a terrarium/cage. They could get their parents' genetics, I mean, they could be hybrids of their mother and father (f.e. black and white spots from dad, brown fur from mom.). Also pets like rabbits and guinea pigs should be able to be taken outside to eat fresh grass or carrots from garden, and Sims could be able to put their rodents to walk around their house, that would be so amazing.

Cows
Cows could be similar to The Sims 3 Store's cows, but they could be a little better in The Sims 4 Farm Life if they will be added. Imagine a little calf with their family :)

Sheep
We have never had sheep in The Sims games, so those would be a fresh new animal type for The Sims 4. Also if a Petting Zoo EP will be released, kids and adult Sims could feed and pet sheep in a petting zoo if Pets EP is installed.

Pet store (Get To Work)
If GTW EP is installed, we could run and own pet stores in The Sims 4, and sell several types of animals in them. I think this feature could be made more interesting in TS4, since Sims could sell so many types of pet things in a store, like bones for dogs, cat food and dog food, pet toys, rodents, lizards, terrariums for small pets, collars and jogging bands, hay for rodents and horses, aquariums etc.

Llamas and alpaccas
Since llamas are almost an official mascot for The Sims series, I wonder why they haven't appeared as actual animals in The Sims games. Now is the time to add them to The Sims 4 Farm Life/Pets, along with alpaccas (llama agility would be cool too!).

Chicken, ducks and geese
The chicken coop from The Sims 3 Store was pretty awesome, but I hope this time around we will be able to name our Sims' little friends :) also ducks and geese would be a great opportunity to add with a Farm Life EP to The Sims 4.
Post edited by ULIBABA66 on

Comments

• SoJazzySoJazzy Posts: 611 Member
    This is everything i need in a pets expansion! Great idea! :)
    Still have two more years of high school, wish me luck!
  • xoxochelliexoxochellie Posts: 17 New Member
    @ULIBABA66 awesome idea!!!
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    Also have it so dogs don't instinctively harass the mailman, this is an annoying feature in Sims 3 even though the dog has the Playful and Friendly traits, and the Best Behaver life time reward.

Not all dogs bark at, growl at, or chase mail carriers, the worst some will do is just lick you to death.
  • themacman691themacman691 Posts: 5 New Member
    It would be funny if the cows/bulls(if added) chase and charge at the sims.
  • superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    Bump!
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Yes this sounds amazing! Really hope we get Pets soon :blush: