Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I am going through and reading them all again and making notes on each. What I like, how I felt, etc. Because I love them all, it is going to be hard to choose.

I'd love to see your notes and responses, Trish, after the voting is over. It would be fun to have a Book Club type discussion about all the submissions. I'm sure we'll all have so many insights and words of appreciation to share!

Why don't you pencil it in for start of Sept? I would love to have group chat about these =)

Add it to Week of Sept. 7 maybe? Or something...

Great idea, Munter! We can do this every month. We'll have the second week of each month devoted to discussing the Short Story Challenge stories! :)

YAY! I love it when things dove-tail and fit together, right @Carewren123 ? I love community projects that feed each other. Totally awesome.

Yes it's awesome! Waiting until the second week of the month is perfect too, because then the voting will be over. :)

Could we discuss them in this thread? I mean otherwise the only thing this thread is really for is saying you submitted sth. Would be perfect to do the discussions here too right?

Fine with me! @Munterbacon - what do you say? Shall we discuss the stories here in this thread and not in Book Club?

(I'm fine with anything! I just like us to talk about the amazing work everybody is doing, and I want every single story to get its moment in the sun.)

Makes sense to me. It does split discussion up over two threads though, but I think that it does belong here?
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited August 2015
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I am going through and reading them all again and making notes on each. What I like, how I felt, etc. Because I love them all, it is going to be hard to choose.

I'd love to see your notes and responses, Trish, after the voting is over. It would be fun to have a Book Club type discussion about all the submissions. I'm sure we'll all have so many insights and words of appreciation to share!

Why don't you pencil it in for start of Sept? I would love to have group chat about these =)

Add it to Week of Sept. 7 maybe? Or something...

Great idea, Munter! We can do this every month. We'll have the second week of each month devoted to discussing the Short Story Challenge stories! :)

YAY! I love it when things dove-tail and fit together, right @Carewren123 ? I love community projects that feed each other. Totally awesome.

Yes it's awesome! Waiting until the second week of the month is perfect too, because then the voting will be over. :)

Could we discuss them in this thread? I mean otherwise the only thing this thread is really for is saying you submitted sth. Would be perfect to do the discussions here too right?

Fine with me! @Munterbacon - what do you say? Shall we discuss the stories here in this thread and not in Book Club?

(I'm fine with anything! I just like us to talk about the amazing work everybody is doing, and I want every single story to get its moment in the sun.)

Makes sense to me. It does split discussion up over two threads though, but I think that it does belong here?

I Second this ^^ it makes sense to discuss them here. I feel like the book Club is more for longer "book-like"-stories
  • putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    edited August 2015
    Well whenever you guys reach a decision please let all of us know. Lol. I'm not apart of the book club. So I think it would be better to do it here for those that aren't apart of the actual book club thread can chime in and listen to things related to the short stories only. Just a suggestion.
    Edit: nothing against the book club but I don't read Sim stories that often. So don't think it's necessary for me to join it. Having it separate can separate the short story contest and the book club all together. And better help those that aren't in the book club.
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,869 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm gonna weigh in and say that we should talk about the submissions here. I agree that otherwise the thread just does become a place to state you've submitted and it gives Book Club space to continue running without having to tweak the schedule :3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Well whenever you guys reach a decision please let all of us know. Lol. I'm not apart of the book club. So I think it would be better to do it here for those that aren't apart of the actual book club thread can chime in and listen to things related to the short stories only. Just a suggestion.

Great suggestion, putacece4lyfe! I think we'll discuss them here, after the polls close.

How does that sound, @Carewren123 ? Do you think that will work fine for the purpose and function of this thread?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member

Great suggestion, putacece4lyfe! I think we'll discuss them here, after the polls close.

How does that sound, @Carewren123 ? Do you think that will work fine for the purpose and function of this thread?

Sounds perfect to me.

I'm trying to think of an easy way to make sure that every submission gets it's moment in the sun as you said before.

Should we organize it so that we discus 3-4 of them per day? Or should we just have an open discussion all week; in this case I could keep a track of which stories hadn't been mentioned yet and make sure they receive some attention towards the end of the week? Or does someone else have another possibly better idea?
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.

Sounds perfect to me.

I'm trying to think of an easy way to make sure that every submission gets it's moment in the sun as you said before.

Should we organize it so that we discus 3-4 of them per day? Or should we just have an open discussion all week; in this case I could keep a track of which stories hadn't been mentioned yet and make sure they receive some attention towards the end of the week? Or does someone else have another possibly better idea?

Well, I was just thinking of being responsible myself to make sure that I said something about each, and possibly to toss out a few questions for some, but a more formal approach could be useful, also.

My personal goal is to point out three-to-five strengths for each piece.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited August 2015
    I think we can keep it unstructured. No need to overthink everything (which I tend to do). Let's just trust that everyone will try to discuss them all. And writers, if you are looking for any specific feedback, feel free to ask. And if anyone feels like their story is being overlooked you can ask for feedback or PM me and I'll make sure we get you some feedback :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    I think some structure here would be better and have a day or two per set of stories. Otherwise discussion would become a jumbled mess of everyone talking about different stories at once especially with as many submissions as we have.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited August 2015
    We could group them by theme as well when we are discussing them? Or is it better to spread the similar themes out? I was thinking @Munterbacon and my story theme well together and there's a couple other "death" ones ... weird the tagging appears not to be working... guess it is on save
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    edited August 2015
    We can always divide them up by how many days in the week and how many submissions at the end when the month is over
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus
    We can always divide them up by how many days in the week and how many submissions at the end when the month is over

I can certainly do this. And it seems as if at least some of you want to give a little structure to the discussion week, so this is probably what we'll do.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Everyone submission looks so good. I'm not gonna read them until I finish mine but I can't wait!!
    sMggKkh.png

• BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    Finally done! Here's my entry: All About Love
    Hope you like it :)

And now it's time to read all of your stories!
    [
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    Finally done! Here's my entry: All About Love
    Hope you like it :)

And now it's time to read all of your stories!

Added :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAREWREN123!

• BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAREWREN123!

:) I didn't even see this the other day, Cathy, I guess it got buried in most of my other notifications. But thank you so much! :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I'm so excited for Tuesday, I've read all the entries and can't wait to finally talk about them :smiley:
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,869 Member
    Oh gosh is it really that soon?! How exciting! :D
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    I'm so excited for Tuesday, I've read all the entries and can't wait to finally talk about them :smiley:

Me too!! I still don't know who to vote for bc everyone did an amazing job!!
    And I am excited about the next challenge
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    OMG! I can't even believe this month is almost over and I've not even done much of any submission. I have an idea for one (again...different than the other two). If I have time, I'll try to work on it this weekend. But it seems like I start it, but the story doesn't write itself. I mean, why can't the story just jump on the page for me? :D

I've already read half the submissions, but people have been very busy and more have been added since I checked last. Hopefully, I can get my on that list, too, but if not, then no biggie. There is always next month. :smiley:
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Is it time for us to choose the next theme?

• Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    In between classes I've been reading everyone's entries and I've GOT to say EVERYONE'S entries are AWESOME!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment