Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Okay guys and gals, this probably sounds abrupt to y'all, but it's something I've been thinking about for a while now.

I've been organizing these short story challenges for over a year. It is something that I really enjoy. I love seeing all the creativity each month. Plus I do love our little community here. But I have been thinking about handing the reigns over to someone else. It's not that I'm uninterested in continuing, but my "real life" responsibilities are taking up more of my time these days. I feel like I haven't been able to make this thread a priority the past couple of months. I'm sure many of you have noticed how little I've been coming to the forums. And I know that in the next couple of months I'll have even less time to give to it.

I'd love for the short story challenges to continue on even without me if people want that. These challenges weren't my idea originally, so I have no probably with anyone taking over.

This month (October) will be the last month I run this thing. I wanted to let you know early in the month, because it isn't something I wanted to drop on you at the last minute. I hope it doesn't discourage anyone from participating; I will still run the vote at the end of the month and announce the winners. But I will not be announcing a new theme for November.

So what I'd like to know is if there is anyone interested in taking over as organizer of these challenges? Let me know if you are. We'll work out the details after we see who (if anyone) is interested.

Love you all, and I still can't wait to see more spooky stories this month!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Carewren123 It's a shame that RL got in the way, and I will always have you cemented in my brain (which is a compliment, BTW) due to these challenges and have had so much fun with these themes, as have we all. I would be honoured if you let me take over :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @Carewren123 I would be up for taking it over.
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Oh my! I haven't expected to get the 1st place! Thank you, everyone who voted for me! <3 And congratulations to @lisabee2 @ra3rei and @InfraGreen ! :star:
    I also loved the other entries. You're all amazing! :star:
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    @Carewren123 It's a pity that you can't organize these challenges any more. :(
    But whoever takes over, I hope they will keep this competition as exciting as it has always been.
    And I want to thank you for everything you've done for these challenges and for writers and readers. <3
    Take care and best wishes to you and yours! <3
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Carewren123 In all honesty, I would love to be able to take up the task. I can almost always find time for the forums. :) Though, if there is somebody more fit, then I would be willing to let them have the reins. :)

Also, congratulations, everybody! :D

EDIT: Also, another reason I would love to take over is because I don't submit as many stories as I'd like, but I still love to be active here in the monthly short stories.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited October 2016
    Aww... I'll miss you @Carewren123, but I totally understand. My offline life is pretty busy too, and you gotta do what you gotta do to take care of yourself and keep your priorities straight. I hope someone does take over because I have really enjoyed reading, writing, and participating in the challenges when I can. :) You've been an awesome "moderator" for our group.

Blessings and peace to you in your life!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited October 2016
    I just saw @SilentWolf101 ... :) wonderful .. wonder too if there are some who would want to step in as a helper
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Aww @Carewren123 we understand. We appreciate all the hard work you've put in this last year. Thank you!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I just saw @SilentWolf101 ... :) wonderful .. wonder too if there are some who would want to step in as a helper

I did see one other person up for the task, @Pegasus143.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »

I did see one other person up for the task, @Pegasus143.

Yes, and @Spottydog714 also did! So it looks like there are three volunteers, which is wonderful!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    @Carewren123 - I completely understand. It's been an awesome year of stories and fun! You've done a wonderful job with running it and coming up with the challenges.

It's awesome we have so many volunteers! May I suggest that whatever happens we have possibly two people. OR we make a new account and several shares responsibility. That way, if one person can't or something happens, someone else can take over and is still able to update the first page. Just a thought. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    It's awesome we have so many volunteers! May I suggest that whatever happens we have possibly two people. OR we make a new account and several shares responsibility. That way, if one person can't or something happens, someone else can take over and is still able to update the first page. Just a thought. :)

Ohhhhhh, that is a brilliant idea in my opinion! :D I am perfectly open to that if anybody else is. :)
  • Options

Ohhhhhh, that is a brilliant idea in my opinion! :D I am perfectly open to that if anybody else is. :)

I agree! Particularly with the polls... I imagine that takes a lot of effort. I think two people are a good idea - one person does the first post, the other does the rest. And they take turns picking themes.
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    edited October 2016
    photomania-43de00a240ffe75b8f2954a13942f4b0.jpg?
    https://totalrainbowsims.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/the-room/

Hey everyone! I am finally done with my submission for this month. Thank goodness for the extra words/pictures! I had so much fun putting this together and I really love the product. This challenge forum is such a great thing for writers, and I am so sad to see @Carewren123 having to hand it away! It's a lovely idea and community, so thank you for creating it! I am sure whoever takes the reigns will do an amazing job as well.

Thanks for the opportunity to share this story. Happy simming, all! :)
    Post edited by totalRainbow on
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options

I agree! Particularly with the polls... I imagine that takes a lot of effort. I think two people are a good idea - one person does the first post, the other does the rest. And they take turns picking themes.

Yessssssss. :3 Personally, I think it would simply be fun to possibly share an account and do a thread with said account, so that, as you said before, we can still update the first page. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Yessssssss. :3 Personally, I think it would simply be fun to possibly share an account and do a thread with said account, so that, as you said before, we can still update the first page. :)

Shared accounts are a good idea, so there's not a bunch pressure on one person.

In which case there would have to be an avi and a good name. :)
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Oh I am so glad to see people have volunteered to take over. I like the idea of shared responsibilities for the new thread, but there are some things to discuss. I'll PM the three volunteers. Thank you all for the support!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Here's my short story for October- it's going in the "Just for Fun" category- Between Realities
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited October 2016
    Submitting my short (spooky-ish) story for October

The Menace Returns?

10-22-16_10-33-18nbspPM_zpsg1xgimrp.jpg

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/the-menace-returns/

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    It's sad to hear that you can't continue this thread anymore @Carewren123 but I understand. You did great job! I'm happy that there are more than one volunteer to take over.

Here is my submission for October: The Spookiest day of my life (so far)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited October 2016
    So for the first time I decided to participate here too. Here is my submission for October :)

Blurred
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Here's my entry:

Watching
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    KittybitKittybit Posts: 97 Member
    Just wanted to say that I have read everyone's entries and really enjoy them. You are all so talented. :)
    banner.png
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Didn't think it was going to happen this month, but...

Play Your Ace

(I'm going to be such a zombie at work tomorrow...)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges