Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Of Warcraft thread

emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
edited July 2015 in Off Topic Chat
Hiya :)
So I don't know how many of you play Warcraft but it's the game me and alot of my friends (the ones who game) play it.
It's pretty popular and I thought I'd start a thread on it here. It's not just for those who pay to play for it, it's for anyone who plays it including both pay to play members and free ones and those who sometimes will pay occasionally.
It's an mmorpg and is pretty fun tbh, I have 3 giant guides on the current version of wow which is a lot. But then again I have 2 physical battle chests. Both different ones. One is the 2007 one I managed to get hold of a few years ago and another the 2014 one I got in 2014. The old one had 2 guides while the new one only has one. All cover different things tho.
You can discuss whatever you want to about Warcraft here and even ask any other user for help with something.
Minimum and reccomended system specs can be found here ofc: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-system-requirements
ETA: I actually meant WOW
feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
Post edited by emmaning on

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    I love playing WoW. My husband got me into playing as I watching him play it and then I wanted to try it. So I played on his account on another realm just to see if I would like it and I did. So now I have 8 level 100's even though they are spread across different servers. I have 2 of them on Steamwheedle Cartel that are horde, 5 on Akama that is also horde and 1 alliance toon on Quel'dorei... :)
  • Options
    ZhivankarstZhivankarst Posts: 745 Member
    Odd timing, I started up my game just this morning before heading to work so I could update and have a look around when I get back home. I've played for a few years now, and have only more recently experienced some of the end-game content.
  • Options
    Tinyfazza84Tinyfazza84 Posts: 106 Member
    I was addicted to WOW since the beginning, my ex's step brother was playing it and I thought it looked amazing. I have not played it since April though and I'm not missing it much to be honest, mind you I am currently playing guild wars 2 and loving it :)
    Origin ID Tinyfazza84
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    Just as a side note, Warcraft is not even remotely the same as World of Warcraft (WoW). They just happen to be made by the same developers and share a sort of spiritual link.

Warcraft was a series of single player RTS games dating back to the 90s, and probably introduced a lot of people to the genre; they certainly did me. They were fantastic games.
  • Options
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    Just as a side note, Warcraft is not even remotely the same as World of Warcraft (WoW). They just happen to be made by the same developers and share a sort of spiritual link.

Warcraft was a series of single player RTS games dating back to the 90s, and probably introduced a lot of people to the genre; they certainly did me. They were fantastic games.

Ty. I often casually call it Warcraft when I mean wow. I've losely heard of Warcraft but tht was out before I was alive...
    I thought it was an earlier version of it... (Please laugh at me)
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2015
    No, it's an easy mistake. Technically, I think WoW could be considered a sequel, in a sense. If you do like RTS games, I recommend picking up an old copy of one of them ... assuming they will run on modern operating systems!
  • Options
    No, it's an easy mistake. If you do like RTS games, I recommend picking up an old copy of one of them ... assuming they will run on modern operating systems!

Rts sounds good for a change...
    I'll see if I can find one.
    I normally play jrpgs altho I have tons of other games.
    feKqkxf.jpg

• Options
    JRPG stands for Japanese Role Playing Game, right? Do Korean games belong in that category?

I used to love a game called Supreme Destiny. It was hands down the most beautiful game I had ever seen. I'm not sure it exists any more. I also like Silk Road because even a low level newbie could get a pet. I quit then both because, like all JRPGs, it was all grind, grind, grind. I have little patience for that.
  • Options
    JRPG stands for Japanese Role Playing Game, right? Do Korean games belong in that category?

I used to love a game called Supreme Destiny. It was hands down the most beautiful game I had ever seen. I'm not sure it exists any more. I also like Silk Road because even a low level newbie could get a pet. I quit then both because, like all JRPGs, it was all grind, grind, grind. I have little patience for that.

Yes jrpg stands for Japanese role playing game. Altho jrpgs and RPGs seem to be massively different in terms of gameplay.
    Not sure Korean games are in tht category. But they sound in terms of gameplay like jrpgs.
    Grinding is a fun part of jrpgs to me as its annoying but then I can go defeat a boss and win :)
    But gotta agree, grinding is frustrating.

I love the hyperdimension neptunia series and love the entire series.
    It's not so much grinding in its early stages but then at chptr 3 of each game (this is something they have in common) you'll find yourself in a difficult boss battle where you'll need to do your first bit of real grinding.
    I remember tht in victory (it wasn't like this for other games) I was lucky and managed to grab myself a DLC sword for Neptune, it was about $1 from psn. I grabbed DLC swords for other games and nope they weren't as effective. Then after equipping it, I went to the dungeon where you could only find bunnies. I grinded and tested my grinding until I could defeat them bunnies by pressing x for attack once. I then went to another dungeon and could defeat any other enemy easily. So I never had to grind after then.

I know grinding is unfair and dull when there's nothing but grinding, and then it's fun when you only have to do it a tiny bit.
    feKqkxf.jpg