Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me! Can't play the sims 4!

After playing the Sims 4 using one save for a good while, I now can't play it anymore. If I click the play-button on any family, it just takes me back to the neighborhood selection, and this happens every time. I'm thinking it's because the save is overloaded or something? I have about 30 active families, so maybe that's the problem?

Is anybody having the same issue? How can I solve this? I know it probably would work on a new save, but I've spent a lot of time trying to build up relationships, children have grown up and married, so I want to continue playing that save.
tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There are a few different things that seem to be currently causing the same symptom. Start here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again-PLEASE-READ-FIRST-POST/td-p/4672173
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, what if I have to delete all of my mods :sweat_smile:
    psykt wrote: »
    Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, what if I have to delete all of my mods :sweat_smile:

You probably don't! CC isn't likely to be causing this, only mods. Drag those to your desktop. If the problem is gone, add them back in small batches to figure out what's not compatible with the pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited July 2015
    @luthienrising
    What do you mean? I thought mods included CC? What do you mean by mods?
    edited July 2015
    psykt wrote: »
    @luthienrising
    What do you mean? I thought mods included CC? What do you mean by mods?

CC = hair, clothes, etc.
    Mods = things that change the game itself - e.g., removing culling, or adding a trait

Both go in the "Mods" folder, but the problem you're having is more likely to be caused by a gameplay mod than by custom content.
    edited July 2015
    @luthienrising Okay, I don't have any of those. At least I think so.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Hello.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop and then check to see if that helps the game issue. It is does help, then it is caused by mods/cc.
    If you still have issues, try the suggestions in this link.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/
    There are a variety of causes of your issue and there are a number of ways to help fix the problem.

Some simmers have found this helped.

Close down your game
    Start your game and load the faulty save game
    Go to the family you have last played with and go straight to build mode
    Delete any easel/drawing tables including unfinished paintings
    Go back to map view
    Load your family

If that doesn't help, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issues have been fixed. Then exit the game. Add back the "options.ini" file, "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Don't add back the " saves folder ", but keep that in a safe place. Your game will be working now.

If you would like to try to recover the save games that are in saves folder , go to your saves folder that is on your desktop, and put one .save file back into the folder, ( not the ones that end in .save.ver ) go to the load button ( the one with the file image) in the main screen in the game, load the game and see if it works. Then take that file out and try another .save file. Every file that works, is a game file that you will be able to keep in the game.
    Don't put the slot_00000001.save file. back into the folder because that is the autosave, and that could be the cause of the issue.
  • TwinsmamaTwinsmama Posts: 76 Member
    crazy question....do you have the spa day game pack??...If so, did you use the shower and tub in your home in that save??...If you did try going straight into build from the neighborhood and remove and replace the tub and shower then try to play your household again...that worked for me...have had the bounce to the neighborhood selection screen thing happen to me twice now and only thing the 2 games had in common was the shower and tub from spa day was on the lot...first time I totally lost my game because never thought to try that....second time I changed the tub and shower to base game ones and it fixed the problem...hope this helps :)
    Twinsmama wrote: »
    crazy question....do you have the spa day game pack??...If so, did you use the shower and tub in your home in that save??...If you did try going straight into build from the neighborhood and remove and replace the tub and shower then try to play your household again...that worked for me...have had the bounce to the neighborhood selection screen thing happen to me twice now and only thing the 2 games had in common was the shower and tub from spa day was on the lot...first time I totally lost my game because never thought to try that....second time I changed the tub and shower to base game ones and it fixed the problem...hope this helps :)

Thankyou for posting the helpful information! @Twinsmama :) It will be very helpful for other simmers who have the same issue.
    No Problem :smiley: I'm in the process right now of seeing if I can replicate the glitch with the tub and shower as the only common thing...if so then I will send a message to the sims team about it and hopefully they can fix whatever is broken causing the issue :smile:
    @Twinsmama Oh , I didn't think of that. But that might be the thing, because it happened right after I downloaded the spa pack. I deleted all of my saves except for the active one, but then my game crashed, so I had to start it again, and then all my saves were gone. So that's that. My save is gone, but I'm actually relieved because the game was becoming super laggy with all those people in it. I've started a new neighbourhood now, using most of the spa content (I made two very alternative women, haha), but I haven't had a problem yet.
    For me it only seems to happen with games I saved prior to getting the spa pack....if I use the new shower and tub then save and exit, when I go back it bounces me to the neighborhood screen....so far it hasn't happened with a newly started family :)
    Twinsmama wrote: »
    For me it only seems to happen with games I saved prior to getting the spa pack....if I use the new shower and tub then save and exit, when I go back it bounces me to the neighborhood screen....so far it hasn't happened with a newly started family :)

I am glad that you have found the cause of what was causing the issue in your game. It is helpful to know that it affected previous saves but not new ones. Thanks for telling us that :)