Hi everyone! My name is MayaRose and I’ve been playing sims for nearly 18 months, quite obsessively at times! I have experimented with challenges but always done them my way, and this one is no exception.
It started when I read @SilentWolf101’s Generational Challenge
. One of the challenges is to use the cheat ‘Add a Sim’ while doing the day-care career and ‘adopt’ the toddlers that arrive at the sim’s house. My mind immediately started turning over all the possibilities that this could lead to and I decided to set myself a challenge and see how far I can get before either my game file stops working, I get bored with it, or I reach 100 children
Hence the name: The (hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge.
These are the rules I’m following:
1) Any children/toddlers who go to the house can be adopted, regardless of whether they have existing family. Paper boys and girls are included this but I will probably not have too many of these because I think the house will fill up quickly enough with the toddlers.
2) If the university mascots turn up and don’t go home after 5 hours, they can be de-aged and added to the household so long as there’s room
3) Each toddler must master potty training, walking, talking, the peg box and xylophone, plus read at least five books before aging up.
4) Each child (writing, logic/potions/chess, painting, fishing, inventing) and teen (all the others) must master one skill, plus get on the honour roll before aging up.
5) Kids will get random rolls for their traits with a few exceptions if they show interest in certain things (ie. A child who always goes to the swimming pool in their free time could get Loves To Swim).
6). As I am starting this challenge with a couple, any biological children they have aren’t counted in the 100 children.
7). I'm not doing 'learn to drive' for the teens because my household doesn't own a car!
The story shall be told in journal style (at least to start with), and anything in brackets and italics (like this) is my comment about any difficulties I had. There have been a couple of things that I’ve experienced so far that anyone else considering doing this challenge should know. These chapters will therefore be shorter - at least to start with, as I didn’t take a heap of pics as I wasn’t sure this was going to work. I'm not experienced in writing stories in this format, so hopefully this will be entertaining
The house I am using is the Olympian Physique venue refitted as a house. It is so far working very well and routing is pretty good.
These are the pages you can find each chapter on:
Page 1 - Entry 1, Entry 2
Page 2 - Entry 3, Entry 4
Page 3 - Entry 5, Entry 6, Entry 7
Page 4 - Entry 8, Entry 9, Entry 10, Entry 11, Entry 12
Page 5 - Entry 13
Page 6 - Entry 14, Entry 15, Entry 16, Entry 17
Page 7 - Entry 18, Entry 19
Page 8 - Entry 20, Entry 21, Entry 22, Entry 23, Entry 24
Page 10 - Entry 25, Entry 26 part 1 & 2, Entry 27
Page 11 - Entry 28Downloads from the challenge:
(please let me know if there's any bad cc attached to the sims and I'll reupload them)
Also, if you use any of my sims in your games, I would love to see them! Post a link or share a picture of what they're doing!!Orphanage
- requires Olympic Physique venue from the StoreLetizia Rainbow Liam Rainbow Justice Rainbow - toddler Evelyn Kwon Tessa Quarles Luke Summers - teen Jude Singleton Arthur Singleton Riana Gardener London Schell Paris Schell Josiah Marvin Rosie Marvin Hope Rainbow Faith Rainbow Ocean Blossom Marina Blossom Skye O'Reilly Reed RiverhawkArtemis ShoreStefanie CrouchSunni DaySasha TraylorHunter TraylorDusty BernsteinPeppermint CaneCandy CaneNoble RainbowLoyal RainbowConstance RainbowPatience RainbowClarity RainbowValiant RainbowTerence ColbyChloe WinterlyRequested or necessary links to cc items:1-tile cribs Liam's skin colour
(that may affect any of his children)Apple Crumble (male)Advice for anyone planning to do this challenge:
1. Have plenty of space for beds, bathrooms, and hobbies. You'll need it!
2. If you adopt all the existing toddlers in the town, the game will keep generating homeless twins to send to you.
3. DO NOT adopt the paper boys or girls through 'add a sim'! (See Entry 2). It gave me a couple of major glitches that it took time to fix. My advice is to save the sim in CAS, then go into Edit Town and add him/her through the household system. It may take a little time but it is worth not having the glitches to do it quickly!
4. Have the Master Controller mod so that you can send the kids to school even when it tells you that school isn't in session. I'm so glad I found that little function!!
5. Don't let your sim get above level 3 in day care because the toddlers stop coming and you mainly get children after school. Use cheats to reduce the level if necessary.
6. Don't have mermaids!!! They are very hard to keep track of and keep hydrated in a household of 20!!
7. Be prepared to move towns around the 30 sim mark; adopting through mods doesn't help the game run smoothly after a while.
8. After aging up the toddlers, it's a good idea to go into Edit Town, take them out of the household, then put them back in again. This eliminates the glitch where they won't go to school on their own.
I’ll add things to this post if anything comes up. Feel free to leave comments (positive ones are the best!) and I hope you all enjoy
And if you want any of the sims, let me know and I'll try to upload them for you!
New link (with pics) here: https://mayarose1138.livejournal.com/1969.html