Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who got you in to Sims?

clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
We all have that person/website that got us into The Sims weather that's YouTube, a family member or friend. What is your explanation for who got you into The Sims?

Well my story is common. I saw my brother playing Sims 2 in 2007 and watched him. I thought it was a really cool game and asked my brother if I could play the Sims, at first he said no but them as annoying as I was back them i got him to say yes. Later in 2009 when the Sims 3 came out my mom got me a computer for Christmas. My first thought was to buy the Sims 3 ASAP. Thanks to my brother for getting me into the Sims and I have been a big fan since that day my brother was playing the game :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It was July 2000 and I was watching our local morning news show. One of their reporters did segments on upcoming and new electronics, that morning he focused on The Sims. He showed clips of him playing Chris & Melissa Roomies and I was hooked. I bought it that week and was crazy for the Sims ever since. Sim 2 has by far been my favorite, because it fits my playing style the best (rotational, multiple families through multiple generations, sandbox play).
  • Options
    LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    I honestly don't remember. I started with The Sims before it had any expansions, but I don't remember why I decided to play it in the first place. I know none of my friends or family were playing. I was probably sucked in by a television ad or something.
  • Options
    LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    Uh, my plum was not actually a bad word. How about drawn in? Is drawn in okay??? Geez, this is getting just plain ridiculous.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I know what you mean, @Lafrou. The silliest things get turned into "plum" by the censor. I don't get it.
  • Options
    @Cabelle1863
    Happy 15 years of playing the Sims :smile:
    I don't remember the exact month when I started to play but, now I'm the biggest Sims junkie in the world xD
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    While at a used gaming store, it was a pretty blue disk for the PS2, that made me first check it out, and eight hours later I was hooked.
  • Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    I have a more in depth story on my blog (link in signature), but long story short, I kind of discovered it by accident. I guesstimate that it was around 2002. My brother and I were allowed to rent a game, so we wanted one that was 2 player for PS2. I picked up 'The Sims', and convinced him to get it. He didn't like, but I ended up staying up all night playing by myself. Hooked ever since!
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I was at my cousins house, and he was like hey, I have this new game on my ps2, the sims 2. So I watched him and like wow that is cool. Then I got a ps2 with sims 2 pets then got hooked on that.
  • Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2015
    Back in 2007 I was really into animal games (I was 8 at the time) and so I was always looking for new animal games I hadn't played. After looking online for some animal games I came across the Pets expansion pack for Sims 2 and was so excited I had to tell my mom that the next time we went to the store we had to look for it! Well, at the store my mom saw that it needed a base game and I was totally reluctant to play it but later that day I installed it anyway and then I was hooked! I ended up getting the rest of my family into Sims games after that. :lol:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    I think I saw it in stores and it looked like fun (2000) so I got it and a few weeks later Livin' Large as well and that's what basically started it all...
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    @NerdySims99
    Lucky you...my brother can't stay on a game for more than like a year then he gets bored :| My sister played the Sims untill she moved and never went back to the Sims. Parents are never interested in our games now a days :#
  • Options
    MaxtheTownieMaxtheTownie Posts: 72 Member
    My friend showed it to me at his party when I was 12. He got it running on this really crappy computer which couldn't even handle normal speed without stutter. I thought it was a dumb game at first but he insisted that I try it. So I did and it's still one of the best game I've ever played.
    Signature3.jpg
  • Options
    SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    I have six siblings, and none of them got into the Sims. My little sister is 9 and showing interest. She's always asking to play it on my laptop, but I don't like people touching it lol.
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • Options
    @Simslikeee

I thought I was the only one over-protective about people touching my games lol
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Hah I always had a neighbor who wanted to lend my TS1 copies and I never let her and as a revenge she kept destroying my hoods whenever she came around and my game was on. After a while I lied that my game had broken down and hid it from view when she came around :D
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    One day, I came home from work and found my son and his girlfriend playing The Sims. Not long after that, we owned "Hot Date". Never missed an expansion pack or user mod. Even taught myself graphics and basic scripting.
  • Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    I don't remember exactly when it was but when I was a very little girl my dad gave me the whole collection except from makin magic which wasn't out yet. I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss this but my dad is very into internet pirating and made a small business selling movies and games that he pirated to his friends for cheaper than they would get them legitimately. He used to give me several games that he found online and one of them was the sims. I've genuinely played this game nearly every day since I was about 5
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    My sister bought The Sims and it's first expansion pack Livin' Large with her first job. I've been simming since 2001.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    arielsimmerarielsimmer Posts: 38 New Member
    I first heard of the Sims on Youtube and started watching tons of videos (trailers, music videos, series, literally everything.) I didn't play until 2009 because my mom was concerned about the game being rated T. :neutral:
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I started playing around 2000 whenever nightlife came out, my brother saw an ad for it and wanted to try it but he didn't know it needed the base game and the people at the store didn't say anything but after he exchanged it I'd use to watch him over his shoulder and when he started became bored I asked him if I could play and he let me been hooked ever since.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I had played the other Sims games (Sim City, Sim Park, Sim Safari, Sim Tower, etc). And my mom saw The Sims around the time Livin' Large got released and got it for me thinking I might like it. I did.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2015
    Maxis did.

The Sims game came with a new computer we bought. It sat in a draw for years before I got bored enough to play it. :)
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i saw the sims game box at walmart and thought that it would be fun to play so i bought it loved it still do well sims 1 and 2
  • Options
    actuallyitsjessicaactuallyitsjessica Posts: 136 Member
    Our local telephone company lol. They gave away free CDs promoting their new internet service, in a popular magazine we regularly buy. On it were also typical computer utilities, as well as this game called "The Sims". My brother immediately installed it on his computer and I was blown away. He played and liked it too but, I'm the ultimate fan lol. Unfortunately, when I got my own laptop and had Sims 2, I let him uninstall Sims 1. Never knew it wouldn't be able to install properly on my laptop. I miss it so!
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I saw The Sims: Deluxe Edition at Wal-Mart not long after it was released and it just seemed like a totally amazing game! So my mom got it for me for my birthday a month or so later :)
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!