Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant Make Friends/Stuck As Impartial/Acquaintance Bug - READ FIRST POST

ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
UPDATE - August 8th, for many the problem has moved from relationships being stuck on impartial to being stuck on acquaintance. Just try the suggested work arounds below while we wait for an updated patch fix.

UPDATE- The recent patch addresses this issue; however some are still reporting problems. Please share good or bad results to help better understand the current situation. thanks!

Since the July patch the ability to make friends has become bugged. The discussion started here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843177/my-sim-cannot-become-friends-with-anyone/p1 and many simmers after trial and error have come up with a series of possible ways to address the problem.

This thread is just a summary of this discussion of the known issues and posted work arounds for convenience. And i welcome any feedback or edits and will keep updating.

And thanks to simgurudrake and crinrict EA is aware of the problem, so hopefully these posted suggestions wont be needed for very long.

THE ISSUE
Any relationship not established before changing a loading screen will default to the impartial or acquaintance status and no matter how much the relationship bar increases the status will remain as impartial or acquaintance.

For example if your sim meets a new sim on the street the relationship will keep advancing like before but once you load another lot that relationship will get stuck if you did not before loading a new screen advance the relationship to either friend, enemy or romantic

this also effects all prior acquaintances once you load another screen all will get stuck as impartial/acquaintance

HOW TO AVOID GETTING STUCK AS IMPARTIAL/ACQUAINTANCE
Just interact long enough with the sim to establish a relationship before loading screen.
-so either be friends before loading a new screen or have the relationship bar in red and possibly have the relationship also have a pink bar for romance (need to still confirm this)

also important dont allow any relationship to decay to below friends if its a positive relationship. If its a negative relationship dont interact long enough to raise the relationship bar out of red.

WHAT TO DO IF A RELATIONSHIP IS STUCK AS IMPARTIAL/ACQUAINTANCE
You need to first destroy the relationship to reset it and then second build up the relationship, so that you are either at least friends, or in the red or romantic

STEP ONE:
Destroying means the sim will not be known to your sim. Ways to destroy:
- just wait, relationships will decay over time when there is no interaction. you could simply wait until your sim has forgotten the sim.

- flirt with the sim - the romantic interactions have on testing been shown to override the bug. flirt to change status and then build up friendship

- make them your enemy - i havent confirmed yet but am currently assuming if romantic interest can override this so could making a sim not like your sim a possible option

-use game cheats - relationship.destroy {yoursimID} {targetsimID} (note you will need to get the sims ID number with this cheat Sims.get_sim_id_by_name {yoursimsfirstname} {yoursimslastname} )

-use the mod - MC Command Center Forget Me Option
Forget Active Sims allows to only forget romantic relationship, forget romantic and friendship relationships or forget all relationship connections including family ties.

It now is tied to the Relationship panel, so no command line stuff is necessary. As long as the sim you want to change relationship settings for is unplayed, you just click their picture, the MC button, Forget Me, and decide how far you want to take the "selective amnesia" from there.
Thanks to @egwarhammer there is a HELP thread for this mod here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here/p1

@egwarhammer
If you could also add Weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension mod along with the MC Command Center info, that would be awesome.

It can be used to CHANGE relationship levels (friendly, if Forget Me was used, then flirt/"argue" to get pink/red bar, then romantic/enemy(?) can also be changed), so once you get the bug fixed, you can then set the sims to where they should be, or wherever you want them to be.

MC link:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

UI Cheat link:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

STEP TWO:
build up the relationship so that when you load another screen it doesnt get stuck
-become friends the normal way before loading another screen

-upon meeting the sim be mean enough to place the relationship in the red. even just a bit of red should prevent the issue (@naomeh)

-flirt enough to have pink bar, need to test to see how much is needed to avoid

-use a game cheat to modify relationships points to establish a relationship
To modify a Sim's relationship with another Sim: You have to activate the "testingcheats true" code for these. Once you've done so, enter "modifyrelationship [your Sim's full name] [target Sim's full name] [50 or -50] Friendship_Main" to add or detract from their friendship rating. For the romantic rating, it's the same thing except you enter "Romance_Main" at the end instead. The number "50" is just a placeholder here, also. Play around with specific values to see what it gets you.
Post edited by ceejay402 on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    thanks rosemow!
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    Thanks for posting this. I was wondering why, despite having relationships at roughly 80% they are still listed as impartial. I'll have to try a few of these tricks, hopefully they'll fix it soon.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2015
    Even just -1 for a negative relationship works. You don't need to be an enemy or friend, just not 0 - 34 in friendship value before leaving the lot. Any value in romantic works, too.
    naomeh wrote: »
    Even just -1 for a negative relationship works. You don't need to be an enemy or friend, just not 1 - 34 in friendship value before leaving the lot. Any value in romantic works, too.

thanks @naomeh for the confirmation :)
  • taeassitaeassi Posts: 1 New Member
    I've found that once I create a new household, I just use the relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others cheat immediately after moving them into a lot. That makes the sim acquaintances with all of the people in the game, which doesn't start you off as impartial. I haven't had a problem with impartial relationships ever since I did this.
  • boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    I have seen the impartial before in my game to.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I feel like everyone has this bug in the game but mine is the opposite. My sim is 'friends' with someone with a very low friendship which is supposedly the 'impartial' level. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Thanks on this @ceejay402
    This deserves to be temporary sticky, but...
    I'm puting it in my sig, hope you don't mind.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Thanks, @ceejay402! And +1 on the temporary sticky.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Thanks for the great information. These workarounds all require a lot of unnecessary tinkering though, and the Devs need to make fixing this bug for good a very high priority task. There are several bugs that are directly related to leaving the lot, and considering that leaving the lot is virtually necessary to a full game play experience, a permanent fix to these problems is essential. Leave the lot before the mail arrives it permanently breaks the mailbox. Leave the lot before getting to friend and it permanently glitches the relationship. The last two updates have brought a plague of issues that I never had before. The June patch completely broke the game for me, and after attempting every recommended workaround I just finally had to uninstall and re-download the entire game. July patch has introduced new glitches to virtually every system in the game. Nothing works on a consistent and reliable basis anymore. I don't use mods or CC at all, and lately I've been clearing the cache almost daily because of issues I've been having, so the wonkiness in the game is all on Maxis. I've been working on a comprehensive review of this game, but I have to set it aside for a while because my generally positive impression has changed to very negative just on the basis of the MANY issues I'm having with this sloppily coded mess of a game. Sorry for getting off topic. I tend to ramble sometimes. :)
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    No need to apoligize, this issue is IMO critical and should be fixed immeadiately.
    taeassi wrote: »
    I've found that once I create a new household, I just use the relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others cheat immediately after moving them into a lot. That makes the sim acquaintances with all of the people in the game, which doesn't start you off as impartial. I haven't had a problem with impartial relationships ever since I did this.

hey @taeassi can you confirm for me that when you traveled to another lot acquaintance didnt get set to impartial. thanks!
    thanks @luthienrising and @joxertm22 and please do spread the word :)

@boyinflorida21 just want to confirm you have tried the above posted suggestions.
    DeKay wrote: »
    I feel like everyone has this bug in the game but mine is the opposite. My sim is 'friends' with someone with a very low friendship which is supposedly the 'impartial' level. XD
    can you try to advance that relationship.

@meubanks agree certain bugs can be frustrating and this one for sure is.
  • DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    This bug is the reason I haven't purchased Spa Day yet, I'm putting the game on hold until at least this specific bug is fixed (either by EA or an unofficial mod). Though many thanks to @ceejay402 for making this thread, may it help others that aren't willing to wait like me.
  • MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    I haven't even played the game since this bug. And I play this game a lot. This is bunk, man. Bunk, I say! *shakes fist*

In all seriousness though I'm probably gonna fire it up again soon. I'll just use the workarounds. *sigh*
    Not that I'm complaining, at least to the members who suggested these methods - I am actually very grateful to them. Without you guys then I would probably give up and not play the game at all until there is a fix for this. I am complaining that this bug exists to begin with. I hope that this is code red level on their priority list.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    thanks @luthienrising and @joxertm22 and please do spread the word :)

@boyinflorida21 just want to confirm you have tried the above posted suggestions.

@meubanks agree certain bugs can be frustrating and this one for sure is.

Thanks for the reply. I genuinely don't want to be negative because this has the potential to be a deep and enjoyable game. One or two bugs would be a minor annoyance that I could overlook, but the last few content updates have overwhelmed me in an absolute tsunami of glitches that in many cases make the game unplayable without resorting to cheat codes.

One of the things that annoys me is that patches have a tendency to break more things than they fix and origin forces the patches on us. My game was working just fine when origin attempted to install the patch that completely broke it. :) I tend to adhere to the "if it works don't mess with it" philosophy. In the past versions of the game I would delay patching unless I was having bug issues or until I was about to install a new add-on. Now I don't have that option, and if origin glitches in the update process I can't even patch it manually. All around bad set-up IMHO.
  • MissElorriMissElorri Posts: 27 Member
    Thanks! This bug is a little bit.... annoying. Can't wait to see that bug fix!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Mmm thanks :/ but i dont wanna destroy my relationships thats sad
    21mbz47.jpg
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have not been around the forum much as usual. Are you sure this is not caused by a mod? Just removing a mod from the game is sometimes not enough to run a test. (have to clean up files also)

I don't have this bug. I don't have the selling bug either. I created a new household and the relationships my new Sims acquired at the park did not revert to impartial after traveling back home. My game is updated and I have all additions. I have not used any mods or CC since I did a clean install on my new computer.

What I find odd is I am not seeing the sit down before putting away on my new computer but this bug is still present when I play on the other computer where I used mods then later removed them. I did not test for the impartial bug on the older game/computer and not sure when I can.
    @meubanks you bet and you can turn off automatic updates. open origin click on origin/application settings under general unclick updates options.

@orchid13 you can wait for the game to reset the relationship or just manage the relationships that matter to your games and wait for patch fix.

@AnnLee87 yes we have confirmed its not a mod, bit i also only bug test with new set of files. and bugs by their nature dont always effect all games, glad if you dont have the problem

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    @meubanks you bet and you can turn off automatic updates. open origin click on origin/application settings under general unclick updates options.

@orchid13 you can wait for the game to reset the relationship or just manage the relationships that matter to your games and wait for patch fix.

@AnnLee87 yes we have confirmed its not a mod, bit i also only bug test with new set of files. and bugs by their nature dont always effect all games, glad if you dont have the problem

Well ok thank you :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • cdm1985cdm1985 Posts: 36 Member
    When does everyone think EA will fix this? I painstakingly went from playground to playground and managed to get my children to know all the other neighborhood children (I rotate households), and now every single one of them is impartial with each other. That's a lot of sims to go and try to destroy relationships with and then build back up... Not impressed.
  • Kathryn12Kathryn12 Posts: 1 New Member
    The bug seems to vary from sim to sim. I had two child sisters whose relationship was stuck at impartial. I made them dislike each other, and from that point on I had no issue with their relationship. However, I then had two unrelated child sims living in the same household, and nothing I do fixes their relationship no matter what cheats I use, and I'm trying to keep my game mod-free.

I love the sims, but this bug makes it unplayable. I've put a lot of work into my current household, and I don't want to redo everything.

All I can do is hope that the bug is fixed before next month because I won't be able to play it for much longer :/
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited July 2015

Hmm... Let me go try that. I'll edit my post later if I find any results!

Oh, and also I just realized I have that impartial problem too. It says 'impartial', but they will appear in my sim's relationship panel in the 'friends' section if the friendship is high enough (good friend level). And my sim's whim to make a friend is also achieved.
    Screenshots for proof or people who don't understand what I'm saying. XD The guy in blue, Trevor is in the friends list but is stated as impartial.
    xu6exiA.png
    vsOuiKn.png
    Even becoming enemies doesn't change the 'impartial' to 'despised' tho.
    AoXbrVk.png

And this is another guy who's a 'friend'. As you could see, he wasn't on the friends list above but after my sim tried to get the bar level to be higher, he made it to the list.
    zEfaBNk.png
    2hT6hFc.png
    However, I can advance the friendship to 'good friends' even after I've already saved and exited the game. No luck for the other guy who was stuck as 'impartial' tho.
    IBzscgt.png

So my guess is that the impartial status stays stuck and 'friends' is a bit wonky and not accurate compared to the friendship bar level but still could be advanced.

Edited after finding some result.
    Post edited by DeKay on
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif