Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant Make Friends/Stuck As Impartial/Acquaintance Bug - READ FIRST POST

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    This could be relevant... Deaderpool's been looking into something similar to this, and here's a quote from him about what he's found so far...

I am figuring-out for sure if this is my mod causing it or if it is related to the "impartial relationship" bug that EA fixed last week and wasn't fixed when that was. That was a problem with traits not being assigned as a commodity statistic was increased (friendship statistic in that case and friend/good friend/etc. traits) and this is a buff not being assigned as a commodity statistic was increased (pregnancy statistic, trimester buffs). So, there's a chance it's a core defect and not my mod...just trying to verify.

I know diddly about "commodity statistics" but for someone who does, I thought this might be helpful?

@rosemow can you get this to whoever should see it, if you believe it may be of use? Thanks!

thanks for the update :) lets see what thurs patch brings.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    This could be relevant... Deaderpool's been looking into something similar to this, and here's a quote from him about what he's found so far...

I am figuring-out for sure if this is my mod causing it or if it is related to the "impartial relationship" bug that EA fixed last week and wasn't fixed when that was. That was a problem with traits not being assigned as a commodity statistic was increased (friendship statistic in that case and friend/good friend/etc. traits) and this is a buff not being assigned as a commodity statistic was increased (pregnancy statistic, trimester buffs). So, there's a chance it's a core defect and not my mod...just trying to verify.

I know diddly about "commodity statistics" but for someone who does, I thought this might be helpful?

@rosemow can you get this to whoever should see it, if you believe it may be of use? Thanks!

thanks for the update :) lets see what thurs patch brings.

Yeah, DP said THEY (devs) probably (likely) already KNOW this (and they'd say, "yeah, patch incoming!" LOL) ... but *I* didn't, and I thought it was a fascinating piece of possibly helpful info!
  • Options
    Ok new patch lets hope added fix for the new version of the problem. Hopefully folks can update thread if the new patch is helpful or not.
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    The new patch doesn't seem to have fixed it for me, at least in the older save I tried. I just opened a new game, so we'll see. I have a mod and a little cc, but they are out now for the patch. I was having the same problem before I added the mod and cc (over this last weekend). Every new game I tried was the same, my sim can make friends with some sims and since the July 28th patch stays acquaintances with others.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Repo wrote: »
    The new patch doesn't seem to have fixed it for me, at least in the older save I tried. I just opened a new game, so we'll see. I have a mod and a little cc, but they are out now for the patch. I was having the same problem before I added the mod and cc (over this last weekend). Every new game I tried was the same, my sim can make friends with some sims and since the July 28th patch stays acquaintances with others.

thanks for the update repo. though sad to hear of the results. can you fix the acquaintance problem with the suggestions in first post if so i wonder if that stops the problem moving foward?
  • Options
    I haven't tried the first post suggestions this round. I did with the impartial bug, but it didn't work. The July 28th patch seemed to work at first, then my sim had some friendships dip below into acquaintance and I was unable to get the friend title back. The friendship bar went up, but they were still at acquaintance. I also noticed that a couple of his old romantic relationships are at acquaintance even though the friendship bar is still full enough for friendship. Interestingly, when I sort his known sims by friendship, there are 15 sims that come up, but his Friend of the World aspiration has 12. It was at 14, but he lost two because the relationship bar dipped to low (the same two I can't raise his relationship with). I need to go back an check how many ex-boyfriends are at acquaintance but who show up in the friendship panel. I know that at least one other sim, Nancy Landgrabb, is listed as an acquaintance if you hover over her portrait but can be found in the friend relationship panel. I also had a different test game and that sim had the same issue with being able to befriend some sims but not others and having some problems with sims she was romantic with. I deleted that one once I confirmed what was happening (I was, um, a little angry at the time). That sim also had the Friend of the World aspiration. My new test sim doesn't, so we'll see how he goes. I don't think it's the aspiration, but we'll see.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I haven't tried the first post suggestions this round. I did with the impartial bug, but it didn't work. The July 28th patch seemed to work at first, then my sim had some friendships dip below into acquaintance and I was unable to get the friend title back. The friendship bar went up, but they were still at acquaintance. I also noticed that a couple of his old romantic relationships are at acquaintance even though the friendship bar is still full enough for friendship. Interestingly, when I sort his known sims by friendship, there are 15 sims that come up, but his Friend of the World aspiration has 12. It was at 14, but he lost two because the relationship bar dipped to low (the same two I can't raise his relationship with). I need to go back an check how many ex-boyfriends are at acquaintance but who show up in the friendship panel. I know that at least one other sim, Nancy Landgrabb, is listed as an acquaintance if you hover over her portrait but can be found in the friend relationship panel. I also had a different test game and that sim had the same issue with being able to befriend some sims but not others and having some problems with sims she was romantic with. I deleted that one once I confirmed what was happening (I was, um, a little angry at the time). That sim also had the Friend of the World aspiration. My new test sim doesn't, so we'll see how he goes. I don't think it's the aspiration, but we'll see.

thanks again repo good stuff. it does seems the problem isnt fully fixed ill be able to review my different games files tomorrow and see if i get any good results.
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    I want to correct my answer from the other day. I just experienced this issue again. This guy used to be my friend. Then they drifted apart and i tried to make him my friend again, but now it is stuck at aqaintance.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    I want to correct my answer from the other day. I just experienced this issue again. This guy used to be my friend. Then they drifted apart and i tried to make him my friend again, but now it is stuck at aqaintance.
    sorry :( if you possible could you try the posted fixes on first post to see if you can get unstuck.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    hi @SimGuruJanitor and @simgurudrake just wanted to name drop you both it appears the problem remains with the difference relationships getting stuck on acquaintance now.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    I have a sim who has this impartial bug with my main sim (but both their levels should be in the good friends status) and after the update, the 'impartial' changed to 'acquaintance' instead of good friends.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    sorry :( if you possible could you try the posted fixes on first post to see if you can get unstuck.
    This wont help me because i made "friends" with the sim on the lot i met him and the same day as well so i never loaded another lot before after the issue occured.

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^

• Options
    thanks @dekay for the update i suggest trying to fix the problem with the suggestions in first post.

@Skyfri_Himmel once a relationship decays that will trigger the bug just like if your sim met another and didnt become friends before changing screens. i do encourage trying the suggestions in first post, since it does apply, good luck.
  • Options
    thanks @dekay for the update i suggest trying to fix the problem with the suggestions in first post.

@Skyfri_Himmel once a relationship decays that will trigger the bug just like if your sim met another and didnt become friends before changing screens. i do encourage trying the suggestions in first post, since it does apply, good luck.
    Then i guess i am missing something because all i get from the first post is that i should try making them friends before loading another lot.

• Options

Then i guess i am missing something because all i get from the first post is that i should try making them friends before loading another lot.

ok :) see the suggestions under the section: WHAT TO DO IF A RELATIONSHIP IS STUCK AS IMPARTIAL
  • Options

ok :) see the suggestions under the section: WHAT TO DO IF A RELATIONSHIP IS STUCK AS IMPARTIAL
    Okay thanks :)

• Options
    I am still having problems with this. I have been trying to test for this over the last week, but life keeps getting in the way. I had notes, but they met with a bad end due to my naughty, attention seeking beagle (one of my major distractors). What I found in general is that there is an issue with friendship and romance decay. Sims who he had made friends with then let the relationship decay, he was often unable to make friends with again. Romance was the same but worse. Romance was all over the map. One relationship was listed acquaintances, just friends and sweethearts. Another was acquaintances, and lovebirds, but there was nothing in the romance bar. I had more info in my notes, but that note pad ended up shredded in my yard.

I did put my CC and mod back in after verifying that I still had the issue. I tried the cheats from the first post first, but they did not work (although that may be operator error). I have MC Command Center, so I used it to remove the romantic relationships. When I did that, all of his former romantic relationships were listed as friends. I also tried this in a different game with the same result. Regular friendships were hit or miss. Some, I was able to reestablish, others once lost I couldn't get back and I had to use MC Command Center to destroy them. My sim was then able to re meet the same sim and re friend them. I still need to test to see if letting the relationship decay again with that same sim has the same result every time.

There is also weirdness with how relationships are listed in relationship sort. Relationships with a high enough bar for friendship are appearing in the friendship sort even if they are listed as acquaintance.

I am going to start another test game, but this time I intend to carefully target who my sim befriends and flirts with. I had some issues last time as I didn't pay attention to the jobs of some of the sims he befriended and some of the sims had time consuming jobs like pizza deliver 8am-2am. I also want to be sure the new sim befriends in world townies so if I do need to destroy friendships, I can find the same sim and try again. My last sim also flirted with a large number of sims, too many for me to keep track of with out extensive notes.
  • Options
    @Repo I have another mod for you to look at...

UI Cheats Extension v1.2
    by weerbesu Posted 30th Jun 2015 at 6:43 PM - Updated 28th Jul 2015 at 3:18 AM by weerbesu

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

One of its features is, it allows you to right click a sim in the RelPanel and it opens a cheat bar where you can set the friend/romance bar numbers to whatever you like.

That would make the "after" part of your tests a lot easier, I'd think.

It's an amazing mod (it does a LOT more than just this!!), and he's got a few others, too... definitely a creator to watch!
  • Options
    Thanks @egwarhammer , I'll have a look at it. I just recently stared with mods and CC for Sims 4 (I have a couple of NRAS mods for Sims 3 but added only after no more content was produced). I'm fairly cautious by nature and I'm carful and picky about what I down and from whom. I was trying hard not to over do the mods and CC then have conflict issues or download so much I can't keep up with them all. I have no objections to mods that fix things and are well maintained.
  • Options
    Thanks @egwarhammer , I'll have a look at it. I just recently stared with mods and CC for Sims 4 (I have a couple of NRAS mods for Sims 3 but added only after no more content was produced). I'm fairly cautious by nature and I'm carful and picky about what I down and from whom. I was trying hard not to over do the mods and CC then have conflict issues or download so much I can't keep up with them all. I have no objections to mods that fix things and are well maintained.

IMO, anybody who starts with MC Command Center and some of Weerbesu's stuff will find themselves needing a LOT less other mods.

I've been able to drop a few, as MC has evolved.

:)

• Options
    audioa8518audioa8518 Posts: 1 New Member
    This problem was solved for me after the update that addressed this issue, but it has since resurfaced since installing the Cool Kitchen Stuff stuff pack...
  • Options
    audioa8518 wrote: »
    This problem was solved for me after the update that addressed this issue, but it has since resurfaced since installing the Cool Kitchen Stuff stuff pack...

No kidding? That is not good.

But at least we know ways around it now. Ceejay402 started a thread.

My pick: MC Command Center and Weerbesu's UI Cheats mod. Easy!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Do the workarounds still work even with the bug now being on acquaintance ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    @crinrict , the problem persist, but not quite in the same way. For the first few days after the 9 July patch, everything seemed to be fine. The impartial relationships were fixed. I wasn't until some of my sims friends dipped below the friendship threshold that I noticed a problem. He couldn't re friend some of them, the relationships said acquaintance no matter the level of the bar. I have been able to have my sim make friends with sims he previously had a low relationship with, meaning that he went to the bar, met a bunch of sims, then went home without befriending them. He was able to call them later, invite over, then befriend them. The cheats don't work for me (that might be operator error). If I want to re friend a sim, I use MC Command Center to completely destroy the relationship. After that, I can befriend the sim again. It affects friendships that have decayed, but I can't seem to figure out what triggers it. I can re friend some sims, but not others. Not only that, but sometimes after I destroy a relationship, I can friend a sim, decay the relationship and re friend the same sim over and over, then abruptly, I can't re friend them. I have been using the UI mod to adjust relationships up and down, as well as traveling and them having adjusting relationships to see if it's related to that. Haven't been able to figure out why yet.

Another oddity is the friendship sort. Any sim with a relationship bar high enough appears there, but doesn't count for the friend of the world aspiration if the relationship is labeled acquaintance.

I have some oddities with romance, too, but I haven't had time to test them. Some romantic relationships seem to have multiple level labels for the same relationship. At least one of my sims love interests was labeled romantic interest, lovebird, and sweet heart. I intend to start testing that one today.