Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant Make Friends/Stuck As Impartial/Acquaintance Bug - READ FIRST POST

Comments

• Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > I posted this to another thread about the same thing... copy/paste FTW!
    >
    > (Let us know if it helps/works, hmm?)
    >
    > Do you use mods? Would you? Try weerbesu's UI Cheats mod from MTS:
    >
    > You should be able to use it to fix relationships via the relationship panel in the game. I haven't tried it personally for that, but it should work fine. Does great for motives tweaking.
    >
    > MC Command Center is another idea, it comes with a Forget Me command to erase troubled relationships. These 2 mods together should make short work of this nasty bug, I would think!
    >

I just found out about this bug as I recently (this week) started a new game with a new Sim and had to try to do "Friend of the World" again. I'll see if I can add a command-line command to MC Command Center that will "refresh" friendship statuses based on your friendship level with the Sims. If you're missing traits like "Friend" and "Good Friend" but your relationship level is high enough, maybe I can get all that cleaned-up. That may fix it. I'll have to mess with it to see. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

Might be a good work-around until EA gets a patch out.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    hhlwolf wrote: »
    Yes I figured, but she has to go to work in the morning (she starts at 10AM) and I can't let her wait around until the post arrives, because then she won't earn any money. I have read somewhere that sometimes the post arrives around 7PM... that would mean she'd miss a whole day of work. Maybe I can try it in the weekends when she's free from work.

If you are open to using mods, there's a script mod that fixes the post. It will save any mail that was supposed to be delivered if you leave your home lot and put it in the mailbox when you return. I started using it myself since I have also been playing a Scientist and need to leave the lot on a regular basis. You can find it here on the Mod The Sims site.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Trust you @Deaderpool to step up to the plate! Very happy to see this posted... I haven't mentioned the friends bug at MTS because I may not have it yet. I've been more focused on incoming babies than on making new friends.

MC as-is combined with weerbesu's UI Cheats mod seems to be currently the best (modded) solution to this I've seen, yet.

Now I'll be looking forward to seeing what you can come up with for it. Thanks for taking it on!

You rock. As always.
  • Options
    NekaSaranoNekaSarano Posts: 33 Member
    I tried using the modifyrelationship cheat to lower and raise my bugged relationship, but it was still impartial after raising it back up. Is there something wrong I might be doing?
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    hhlwolf wrote: »
    Yes I figured, but she has to go to work in the morning (she starts at 10AM) and I can't let her wait around until the post arrives, because then she won't earn any money. I have read somewhere that sometimes the post arrives around 7PM... that would mean she'd miss a whole day of work. Maybe I can try it in the weekends when she's free from work.

If you are open to using mods, there's a script mod that fixes the post. It will save any mail that was supposed to be delivered if you leave your home lot and put it in the mailbox when you return. I started using it myself since I have also been playing a Scientist and need to leave the lot on a regular basis. You can find it here on the Mod The Sims site.

Thanks for the tip! I followed Crinrict's advice as far as selling the mailbox and buying a replacement one, but honestly I haven't tried using mail to see what happens (or doesn't) since the last patch/Spa Day.

I had seen this mod before, but since you mentioned, I've just now added it. I'll let folks know how it goes when I've played with it a bit.

Appreciate ya!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2015
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Weird, my origin stays offline.
    If that is actually true (and I'm not accusing you of lying, simply of perhaps being mistaken) then I would really like to know HOW you achieve that. The only way it would 'stay offline' is if I were to leave my computer turned on and leave Origin running the whole time as every time you exit Origin, it will start up in online mode the next time it runs. By all means, if I am in error, please explain because I would love to be able to keep it offline! I say that with the utmost sincerity.

AnnLee87 wrote: »
    To play without getting updates just take Origin out of startup before the update (windows startup) and go into airplane mode or turn off WiFi and play the game. You will not be able to browse the gallery but you can access your library while in the game. I was running one update behind thinking that they would fix the new bugs that were introduced but I guess they don't always fix them with the next patch. I am current on the patches now and they still have not fixed bugs/glitches that were introduced with the Dec. patch. I am thankful I do not have the impartial bug though. I did read about it. Anyway.... I think a very simple way around the problem would be to buy the quick friend trait. Your Sims gets friend status almost immediately.

I don't usually quote myself, but I'd already addressed that (disconnecting internet as an alternative):
    I suppose if you completely disconnect your internet connection every time you run TS4 (or any Origin game) so that Origin cannot check for updates, yes, you could keep playing without an update, but if you have to totally disconnect your internet in order to do that, the 'automatic updates' setting really makes no difference at that point anyway.
    So yes, that works, but my point was that the 'automatic updates' and 'offline' settings of Origin itself are ineffective.

(And FWIW, not all of us play on a laptop via WIFI. My full-sized tower has no 'Airplane mode' and disconnecting the ethernet cable from the back of the tower under the desk is . . . awkward.)

Anyway, I'm sorry for the digression. The point is just that the whole 'avoid updating' concept as a workaround is not a very good one, and it is most definitely not something that you can do using the features of Origin, as some have suggested.

hi @Ayradyss sounds like its possible you still have origin on automatic updates, you turn off origin updates at the same location at origin as the game updates. open origin click on origin/application settings under general unclick updates options.

once origin's automatic updates are off when you log into origin you will receive the option to either update or set to offline thus preventing updating. i can confirm this is my set up and so i only update either origin or game on my schedule. you can also continue to access the gallery, you just need to do so in game.

and also having the computer offline before opening origin will prompt this option. HTH
    Post edited by ceejay402 on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Hi all, thanks everyone for providing more info ill keep updating first post.

thanks @sabreene for the update. i completely missed the added fix for the script version of the decay mod. i cant tell from the comments section if this is a full fix but its sounds very promising and glad you arent reporting any issues. For the impartial bug loading a game the second time is enough to trigger the problem. so for example if you loaded the game played it and never loaded another screen exited the game and then restarted the game the bug would be present.

also thanks for the clarification @stilljustme2 and @meubanks about not being able to fulfill social aspirations so the bug does seem deeper then a labeling problem.

@Xanerithe can you confirm for me that when you built up the relationship after destroying it that the sims became friends or more.
    meubanks wrote: »
    Sorry if this was already covered. This is a longish thread and I didn't go back and reread everything. Has anyone tried using the alien ability with this issue? I haven't played much with them but I know they can make people forget them. Wondering it that works on overcoming the impartial bug.

The really bad part of this issue is that it is unavoidable if you go to any public lots at all. Many townies will autonomously interact just enough to get on the relationship panel, and there isn't enough time to befriend them all on the first meeting. It could also really play havok with coworker relationships in GTW active careers because science in particular has a lot of mandatory low level interactions but doesn't allow enough time to get them up to friend in one day. Usually my coworkers eventually fall victim to culling anyway though. lol. Twice over the length of the police career I came to work and found that all my coworkers had been culled and replaced.

hi @meubanks two good points, i dont know if the alien option is something that can help with this issue while we wait for patch fix, sorry. i do see culling problems being made worse by this bug as well. prehaps @luthienrising can weigh in on the issues. she is far more aware of culling issue and has played the aliens more then me.
    Now, i havent read all the posts in this thread but i read the first one, listing the problem. I experienced the same today and i can tell you that it is all the relationships, except family that i have lost from my sim, including his girlfriend and his romantic friend, so it doesnt hold up that it is sims that are neither friends nor enemies.
    hi @Skyfri_Himmel can you confirm you are not using any mods or have tested a game without the whole mods folder installed. if you do use mods you may need to reset files to fix:

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims

if no mods can you test another save to see if this happens to all your saves.

hi @DesVoeux @DeerLord and @ASadSimmer if helpful im assuming like past bug fixes a fix for this issue wont be available until next month patch release.

@haswh if you are playing a legacy game without rules you could turn off aging until you reach these goals and then turn it back on.
    I need friends on sims so I can put my sim on tour
    hi @Madisonryan7239 it maybe because i need another cup of coffee but wanted to confirm that you are talking about sims 4 and not sims 3 showtime.
    Post edited by ceejay402 on
  • Options
    PennedInk wrote: »
    I also have this impartial bug, but I just came across something similar, yet different. Acquaintance bug! My sim and her child just became acquaintances after I accidentally forgot to socialize, and now it's high enough to be friend again, but stuck at acquaintance! For the record, I've tried all of the workarounds, none of them helped. =(
    hi @PennedInk since your sims stuck on acquaintance - can you post screen shots, and can you tell me if you are using any mods if so try resetting your files and trying a test game:

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims

if no mods try a new game and see if you still have a problem, thanks

@hhlwolf for any sim stuck on the impartial level even though the relationship bar is full see first post section how to fix the impartial problem, good luck

@fabeme if helpful SOLVED can mean simmers have just reported workarounds. and there is no official EA bug list rather crincrict a fellow simmer maintains a list but i can confirm EA is aware of the problem. HTH
  • Options
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > I posted this to another thread about the same thing... copy/paste FTW!
    >
    > (Let us know if it helps/works, hmm?)
    >
    > Do you use mods? Would you? Try weerbesu's UI Cheats mod from MTS:
    >
    > You should be able to use it to fix relationships via the relationship panel in the game. I haven't tried it personally for that, but it should work fine. Does great for motives tweaking.
    >
    > MC Command Center is another idea, it comes with a Forget Me command to erase troubled relationships. These 2 mods together should make short work of this nasty bug, I would think!
    >

I just found out about this bug as I recently (this week) started a new game with a new Sim and had to try to do "Friend of the World" again. I'll see if I can add a command-line command to MC Command Center that will "refresh" friendship statuses based on your friendship level with the Sims. If you're missing traits like "Friend" and "Good Friend" but your relationship level is high enough, maybe I can get all that cleaned-up. That may fix it. I'll have to mess with it to see. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

Might be a good work-around until EA gets a patch out.

wow and thank you @Deaderpool for considering this and sharing it here! @egwarhammer as always really appreciate your input ill update info at first post about mods.
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    PennedInk wrote: »
    I also have this impartial bug, but I just came across something similar, yet different. Acquaintance bug! My sim and her child just became acquaintances after I accidentally forgot to socialize, and now it's high enough to be friend again, but stuck at acquaintance! For the record, I've tried all of the workarounds, none of them helped. =(
    This happened to me just a little bit different. One of my sims had the friend aspiration thing and therefor i had to make a lot of friends for him. One i chose i got up to the highest point of green in the social bar but still, just aquaintences. It is very annoying.

Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    Simfreak982Simfreak982 Posts: 121 Member
    This is such a pain in the butt, I'd rather not destroy all of my relationships, no thank you!
  • Options
    LovelyCherryLovelyCherry Posts: 1 New Member
    I just finished dealing with this problem :# I also thought "Manage Worlds" was the reason but even when I just "Managed Households" in the Main Menu screen, I still had the problem!! I had two sims living in the same household who I was trying to make best friends, but couldn't get farther than impartial even though the friendship bar was full. Solving it ended up having to be really annoying. I first did what ravynwolvf did with decreasing the friendship using the modifyrelationship cheat. I then had to move this sim into some random house - which is bad because you still have to go into "Manage Households" - and let their relationship decay naturally to non-existence. I then had to move this sim back into the main house, but you know, you still have to go into "Manage Households" to do that. I then did what rosemow did and reset my Sims 4 folder. I went back into the game and restarted the relationship. THEN, did it work. I've been so frustrated with this, I started a new file to try and fix things but that didn't work because I ended up "Managing Households" which screwed everything up anyway...Hope this post is helpful to somebody out there.
  • Options
    jakjak Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2015
    EA fix please.
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    @fabeme if helpful SOLVED can mean simmers have just reported workarounds. and there is no official EA bug list rather crincrict a fellow simmer maintains a list but i can confirm EA is aware of the problem. HTH

I really hope so because when I search in the compilation of the bugs in that thread (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/CURRENT-ISSUES-Please-check-this-before-creating-a-new-thread/td-p/4471834/jump-to/first-unread-message) I don't find our problem at all, but when I look in the threads below, I find it. Maybe I didn't search well enough, I hope so, because I can't play a game which I need to do particular actions to play. I just still can't believe that we have such a big bug without any patch ...
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2015
    I can confirm that this is easy to fix with the two mods.

Note...I have tested this only with unrelated sims, not sims with family relationships, yet. I have run the procedure below on a lot of sims and it has worked correctly every time.

Obtain the following mods:

UI Cheats Extension v1.2
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

MC Command Center
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Install the mods - ask if you don't know how

Make sure the two sims are on the same lot!
    Pause the game
    Select one of the sims to control
    Select the target sim
    Open the relationship panel
    Record the values
    Cancel the Set Relationship Values box
    Select the target sim
    Select MC Command Centre - you may have to select More Choices... to find it.
    Select Forget Active Sim
    Select Friendly and Romantic

The relationship between the two Sims has now been completely reset

Select the target Sim
    Unpause the game
    Introduce yourself
    Pause the game
    Open the relationship panel
    Enter the values that you recorded earlier
    Select Run Cheat

Done :)

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SimGuruJanitorSimGuruJanitor Posts: 13 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey Folks,

This morning we released an update that should address this issue. Please check it out.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/846774/july-28-patch-notes#latest

Thanks for all your feedback!
  • Options
    lghm21lghm21 Posts: 4 New Member
    finally...............
  • Options
    PennedInkPennedInk Posts: 8 New Member
    > @SimGuruJanitor said:
    > Hey Folks,
    >
    > This morning we released an update that should address this issue. Please check it out.
    >
    > Thanks for all your feedback!

Thank you!!!
  • Options
    Hey Folks,

This morning we released an update that should address this issue. Please check it out.

Thanks for all your feedback!
    thank you!

Can folks report back and confirm the patch fix resolves the issue. I wont have a chance until tomorrow night.

for Patching: Please remember to remove your whole mods folder before updating and test. And as always if after testing a game you run into issues after putting back mods, test your mods
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Can folks report back and confirm the patch fix resolves the issue. I wont have a chance until tomorrow night.

I didn't have the time to test the relationship issues, but my household at least loads now. I will test more thoroughly later today.
  • Options
    DarkWalker wrote: »
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Can folks report back and confirm the patch fix resolves the issue. I wont have a chance until tomorrow night.

I didn't have the time to test the relationship issues, but my household at least loads now. I will test more thoroughly later today.

I am glad that your household loads now @DarkWalker. I hope that your testing of the relationship issue goes well.
  • Options
    bettybabysimbettybabysim Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > SimGuruJanitor wrote: »
    >
    > Hey Folks,
    >
    > This morning we released an update that should address this issue. Please check it out.
    >
    > Thanks for all your feedback!
    >
    >
    >
    > thank you!
    >
    >
    >
    > for Patching: Please remember to remove your whole mods folder before updating and test. And as always if after testing a game you run into issues after putting back mods, test your mods

Unfortunately, it seems it didn't fix the issue for me. When I loaded my household, all the "bugged" relationships that used to show as "Impartial" are now showing as "Acquaintances". Even if I bring the relationship bar to 100% with friendly interactions, still remains "Acquaintances". I don't have any CC or Mod. I already tried exiting the game and do "Repair Game". Still didn't help. :/
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2015
    New update today, no details as to what if anything it changes.

Update : After patching, I loaded a save game that had this issue, and all relationships are fixed. So... yay?
  • Options
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    New update today, no details as to what if anything it changes.

Update : After patching, I loaded a save game that had this issue, and all relationships are fixed. So... yay?

Hello @Sarduchi .
    This link says what the patch fixes

I am glad your relationships issue has been fixed. :)