Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Profile Pictures

cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
edited July 2015 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
I wanted to use a picture from a movie for my profile picture and do not planning on including the logo for the movie or any other logos but the characters, is this okay because in the ToS it says you may not post content that does not belong to you?

EDIT: Also in the rules: - Do not post copyrighted material. This includes text from game guides.
So I'm guessing I cannot do it?
PC Specs:
Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
128GB SSD
1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
6685561181.png
Rogers Ignite 70u internet

Comments

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Well, the picture in my signature is from a manga and I've seen plenty of other people put pictures that doesn't belong to them in their avatar/signature as well.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'd say go for it. If it's not allowed it just gets removed. I had a pic of myself which is also against the rules. It got removed. I didn't get a warning or anything.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The movie is Inside Out the new Pixar one so if by chance it was removed it would most likely be for copyright but I saw another user with a pic and that made me want to do the same as I really liked the movie.

EDIT: I know it probably wont just want to make sure, my current is from GTA V and I didnt create the game and had it since May so I think I'll be fine.
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it's okay, because

1. It's low resolution.
    2. A single picture from a movie won't steal any profits that would have otherwise gone to the property owner. It's not like people will see your picture and go "Oh, I saw a pic from Inside Out. Guess I don't have to watch it anymore."

That's just my opinion, though.

Also, Inside Out won't be showing here until August. :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

1. It's low resolution.
    2. A single picture from a movie won't steal any profits that would have otherwise gone to the property owner. It's not like people will see your picture and go "Oh, I saw a pic from Inside Out. Guess I don't have to watch it anymore."

Wow It came on June 19th here, And I thought the UK was late at July 24th...
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    cale2003 wrote: »

1. It's low resolution.

The strange thing is we don't even have or need subtitles or dubs for films in English.

I joked to my friends that they had to dub it from American to normal English. (I'm just teasing. I have nothing against Americans. You guys are okay. :) )
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    cale2003 wrote: »

1. It's low resolution.

The strange thing is we don't even have or need subtitles or dubs for films in English.

I joked to my friends that they had to dub it from American to normal English. (I'm just teasing. I have nothing against Americans. You guys are okay. :) )

Actually Canadian here :p but from what I've seen Canadian and American english are the same.
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Do Canadians spell it "color" or "colour"? But yes - in general much closer than to British English.

I was looking at this thread because after uploading an image from my Sims 3 gameplay as my avatar, I started wondering if I'd get in trouble for it. But the game is T for Teen, and I am not using any mods at all, let alone naughty ones, so I am guessing/hoping that it won't be tagged as "flame baiting". :D