Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Days until aging up: Never

I just noticed that only my male sims of my household have this. I didnt care until I decided I want a new baby but they cant try for baby... They can woohoo however. I use mods but only for clothes/buildings etc..

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    This can be hard to get rid of. You might try moving them to the clipboard (Evict) and then back into the house to see if that fixes it.

The only way I've been able to fix it is to use NRAAS mods. I had to turn off ageing for the whole town and then turn it back on again. That did fix the problem I was having with a few sims.

@igazor is the mod expert here.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited July 2015
    if you use story progression mod, click on the sim and go to nraas and click on progression. then go to sim options. you should find a place in there where you can click or unclick aging. this will only effect the sim you clicked on. if its off, click it on, if its on, click it off and on again. that should hopefully fix it
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Are you at university?
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    You could also use the Aging Manager mod to suspend aging on selected sims (individually or in large groups), I used it on the whole town when aging was still listed on various sims even though I have it disabled in the options.
  • ReiwarnReiwarn Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2015
    > @rosey1579 said:
    > Are you at university?

No I am not but I found a way around. I killed them and then revived them. Now they are fine again....

> @LazerRay3 said:
    > You could also use the Aging Manager mod to suspend aging on selected sims (individually or in large groups), I used it on the whole town when aging was still listed on various sims even though I have it disabled in the options.

I will try it when it happens again thx

> @Zeri said:
    > if you use story progression mod, click on the sim and go to nraas and click on progression. then go to sim options. you should find a place in there where you can click or unclick aging. this will only effect the sim you clicked on. if its off, click it on, if its on, click it off and on again. that should hopefully fix it

I dont use any mods other than clothing, objects, etc...
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If you are not going to use mods, I'm afraid this kind of thing is going to keep happening in an ongoing game. It's a glitch that seems to affect many players. I don't think I've ever heard of an effective way to prevent it from happening after a while other than giving up and moving your sims to a new world (which isn't much of a solution if you didn't want to keep doing that).

NRaas Overwatch detects age-stuck sims nightly, reports on them, and tries to correct whatever the issue is. NRaas StoryProgression's aging manager is more stable and customizable than the built-in one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    > @igazor said:
    > If you are not going to use mods, I'm afraid this kind of thing is going to keep happening in an ongoing game. It's a glitch that seems to affect many players. I don't think I've ever heard of an effective way to prevent it from happening after a while other than giving up and moving your sims to a new world (which isn't much of a solution if you didn't want to keep doing that).
    >
    > NRaas Overwatch detects age-stuck sims nightly, reports on them, and tries to correct whatever the issue is. NRaas StoryProgression's aging manager is more stable and customizable than the built-in one.

its not like I dont want to use any mods its just that my pc is slow and the game itself is really slow (fps is fine on high quality just the rewind is slow)
    The benefits that Overwatch and ErrorTrap (a bit more advanced) add in preventing a game from glitching out like that far outweigh the small amount of overhead that they add for most players. StoryProgression is another matter entirely and does noticeably add to the load the game must carry.

As you wish, of course, but was just trying to manage your expectations for ongoing play now that you have gotten past that one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited July 2015
    > @igazor said:
    > The benefits that Overwatch and ErrorTrap (a bit more advanced) add in preventing a game from glitching out like that far outweigh the small amount of overhead that they add for most players. StoryProgression is another matter entirely and does noticeably add to the load the game must carry.
    >
    > As you wish, of course, but was just trying to manage your expectations for ongoing play now that you have gotten past that one.

yeah I know and I appreciate it :) I will try the overwatch maybe the errortrap
  • ElinElin Posts: 36 Member
    Where can i find the amount of days till aging up?
    Elin wrote: »
    Where can i find the amount of days till aging up?
    For an active sim, go to their general info tab where it shows their traits, favorite food, etc. and hover your mouse over the green bar displaying their current age.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Next time, if you have this problem again, try checking aging is on in the options and then resetting the whole town using master controller.

It may be bad advice, especially if you're far into your save but if you notice it earlier in your save, then try my advice.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • GrasscountryGrasscountry Posts: 2 New Member
    My problem is since I put in story progression from nrass I noticed missing commands at City Hall,the mail box sending your Sims to go somewhere.or take a picture at the school a command is not visible just an empty blank and wondering how to resolve this please as it makes it difficult to choose the right command..if it's blank.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2018
    Y
    igazor wrote: »
    If you are not going to use mods, I'm afraid this kind of thing is going to keep happening in an ongoing game. It's a glitch that seems to affect many players. I don't think I've ever heard of an effective way to prevent it from happening after a while other than giving up and moving your sims to a new world (which isn't much of a solution if you didn't want to keep doing that).

NRaas Overwatch detects age-stuck sims nightly, reports on them, and tries to correct whatever the issue is. NRaas StoryProgression's aging manager is more stable and customizable than the built-in one.
    I indeed get notifications of ‘stuck aging’ in my game sometimes (Overwatch). I always wonder if I should do something about it or if the mod takes care of it? (I’ve always ignored it so far because it haven’t been sims that really matter yet, but reading this makes me wonder)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @JoAnne65 I usually check on sims who get stuck aging. It often happens when sims are out and about town, especially in the case of toddlers who are out with parents or whose parents work nights. I always close my game at 3am when Overwatch has done its job and when I reload those sims often age up immediately after. If they don't age up when I next play and get a second message for the same sim, I will take matters into my own hands and age them up manually. I have had cases where sims, especially in the criminal career, disappear when I get the popup and can't be found for a few days. When they come back they are pudding dressed as the stuck sim.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Mikezumi Thanks, I’ll start paying more attention to their names, see if I get more notifications for the same sim. Criminals that disappear for a few days, that sounds kind of realistic by the way :D
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited December 2018
    My problem is since I put in story progression from nrass I noticed missing commands at City Hall,the mail box sending your Sims to go somewhere.or take a picture at the school a command is not visible just an empty blank and wondering how to resolve this please as it makes it difficult to choose the right command..if it's blank.
    Blank interactions (no text on the buttons) usually indicates something is wrong with the mod's translation strings. Is your game in a language other than English and do you have the most current version of the mod? Regardless, it would probably be best to bring this question to us at NRaas to get input from our developer.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!