Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use Cheats? :)

I was just wondering weather people use money cheats etc. Or do you like working for your money. Personally i don't use the cheats, but do you? :)

Comments

• TheDs2TheDs2 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited August 2009
    On Sims 2 when I discovered cheats I went maaaaad xD; but it takes away the point of the game, using cheats D: plus it messed up my game.
    So now I don't use them, no matter how poor or unhappy my sims are :3
  • DanceofmasksDanceofmasks Posts: 1,301 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The only "cheat" I use is reloading .. but even then rarely.

Ok, actually I lie ... I use a lot of build mode cheats to make waterfalls, half walls, stuff like that.

• NattieNattie Posts: 1,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I use cheats. Mostly to keep my sims happy. I've kind of stopped using money cheats. They're especially helpful when writing stories.
  • CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2009
    I always try really hard to avoid the money cheats because I like watching my simmies go from being flat broke to rolling in the cash! Wish it was as easy for me to get cash that quick! :mrgreen:
  • AlyssizzleAlyssizzle Posts: 314 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No.

The only time I ever used a cheat was when my game bugged out and mom and baby got stuck at the hospital and they were dying...

So I used the resetsim cheat.

• Ronin2rxRonin2rx Posts: 682 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I drag the motives up once in awhile, it just annoys me when my sim is practically ready to go back to bed by the time he's finished breakfast. :)
  • nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited August 2009
    I used to a lot, but I don't anymore. I found the game much more interesting without them.
  • eternallycharmedeternallycharmed Posts: 1,030 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sometimes, but I only play in my legacy anymore, so I can't really use them much. In ts2 I used to use cheats all the time.
  • LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I use cheats every now and then. I don't increase their moods, or anything of that fancy schmancy stuff, and I give them a motherlode if I feel like.

So really, no, I don't use cheats that much.
  • sootyowl143sootyowl143 Posts: 620 New Member
    edited August 2009
    On my legacy no. But I have one file which is my cheat file,
    I use all the cheats I want on those sims.
  • julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Not really. Sometimes I'll use the reset cheat if I have to, but other than that, I like having my Sims obtain their moods and money on their own.
  • SplashSplash Posts: 68 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I used to use them all the time in Sims 2 and 1, but in Sims 3 I actually have a lot more fun not using any. :D
  • kewliocubekewliocube Posts: 145 Member
    edited August 2009
    Nah I really don't use cheats unless I really need to.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    In my legacy, I don't use any cheats unless i need to use resetsim which i haven't needed to do in a while.

In other games, I'll use motherlode to build houses for my sims, but that's the only other cheat.
  • crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When I first started playing I didn't because I didn't know you could. I did figure out a few money cheats that were the same as in ts2 so I used some of those.

I haven't been using cheats anymore though, especially with my legacy. It is so much more fun to have a challenge, cheats can sometimes make the game boring for me.
  • the_lying_muffinthe_lying_muffin Posts: 245 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I use kaching when I really need it and I drag their motives up when they need to fo back to bed after breakfast, but otherwise no.
  • Pippi1409Pippi1409 Posts: 271 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I only used "motherlode" but my cheat bar quit working , after the last update.
  • jen9139jen9139 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like to use cheats when I create families for my town so I can build them a decent home.
    But other then that I don't use cheats
  • Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have used motherlode a time or two but not with my current family. For them I have only used the cheat to fix traits that didn't stick and the occasional forcing of a sim to age up. (hate using the cakes... too many fires and too many leftovers for sims to get fat on. LOL)
  • jaybird10001jaybird10001 Posts: 1,442 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I only use money cheats when Im moving a sim. otherwise i use testingcheatsneabled true all the time. Helps me kill my sims. Or keep them alive....most of the times.
  • GagaSimsGagaSims Posts: 3,479 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I use cheats.
  • knuckleknuckle Posts: 182 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ive never used them in game play but i do when building.