Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Respond as your Sim!

Comments

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Tadeo: Well, I'm a half vampire, half warlock and my wife's a former human turned vampire turned ghost. I've never met any human scarecrows, though my brother cast a puppet spell on one once when we were kids and scared the living daylights out of me.

Have you ever had a spell or power backfire?
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Lola: No, I never dealt with magic.

What's your most distinguishing feature?
  • Options
    RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    Raven: Hm... Maybe my eyes? Quite big I suppose, haha.

Would you rather live in Sulani or Mt. Komorebi?
    37mfj.png
  • Options
    MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    edited December 2020
    Tsukimi: Definitely in Mt. Komorebi. It gives off a home vibe.

Have you experienced simply standing as your surroundings burned (e.g., kitchen) like it's another horrible tuesday but you can't be bothered by it?
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif
  • Options
    Kio: Well... before I moved to the human realm, in my home world all the rivers are lava and in certain areas there are jets of fire being released, like, all the time from cracks in the ground. You have to be really careful where you stand and your wings can get burned if you fly above them. I guess that's why most of my fellow Under Realm vampires usually stayed indoors unless they were going above ground for feeding.

What sort of lifestyle do you live?
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Takagawa Yoshi, holding and stroking a calico kitten:

n99A4Nyl.png?1

"Ah. Well. I am a commercial artist, but lately my original work has been getting interest from collectors. If things go well in the future, I plan to quit that regular job in order to focus exclusively on my art in a more dedicated manner. Regular hours are difficult to maintain, because I suffer from a serious disorder, but while that can make life very hard to bear at times, it also provides periods of intense creativity.

4G8QCkol.png?1

Social life is also very difficult, so my therapist suggested I adopt a pet, so as to benefit from the emotional support, and to have someone I felt responsible for and needed by, as part of my therapy.

CqzTHwGl.png?1

So I adopted this calico kitten named Toki, and sometimes I call her Tokiko, but more often I call her Toki-boo after a song I like. She does normalize and steady me. We have this little place to ourselves, with my art studio and single bed in the attic, up a ladder where she can't disturb me when I'm working or get into my supplies.

lVxzzNUl.png?1

There is a full bedroom downstairs if I ever need to consider a roommate, but it would have to be someone who is 一匹狼, ippiki okami, a lone wolf, who won't want to get to know me or hang out together.

LJdGZI4l.png?1

The label of 草食男子 (soushoku danshi or grass-eater) fits, because an 'herbivore' chases no one, and runs if chased, and that describes my relationship status. I make better art when not distracted, but also, I would not wish to affect someone else with my disorder and the self-destructive urge it brings. It's enough if I can live by my art and take care of Tokiboo-chan. Because of my disorder, I stay in contact with a friend she knows and trusts, who would take her, if something happened to me. But she calms me and gives me a reason to try.

x4PL7XSl.png?1

So, do you or someone you know struggle with daily life in some way, and if so, how do you handle it, or what treatment or coping skills do you employ?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    (I answer as the last sim I played).

Ranveig Motorsen: Well.., as a single mother of two, life can be a little rough sometimes, but I manage. What hurts the most somedays is.. well, that I am the oldest of my siblings and never got married. Both my younger sister and my two brothers somehow pulled that off.. but not me. :/ I try not to dwell to much on it, and luckily I am blessed with two wonderful children and that keeps me motivated. I have pondered seeking out a professional to talk to on some of my darker days, but it seems like such a big step. It scares me. I think I would have to go out of town to do that, as the only psychiatrist in my town is married to an ex of mine and the father of my oldest son. I wouldn't be comfortable with that at all.

The other thing which I am not proud of is that insane trait seems to run in my family. My mother has it, I have it and all my siblings apparently. I feel so ashamed every time I snap and start talking to myself, especially when it happens in front of my kids. And unfortunately I have heard my oldest son do the same when he thinks I can't hear him. That hurts me too, sometimes. I just hope my youngest son won't have that trait as he gets older.

Sometimes late at night when I just need to get out of the house I take a walk down the street, and then just stand there looking at the stars. On some of these nights I have seen shooting stars, and then I ponder about what exists out there.

So here is my question:

Do you believe in a world beyond? These shooting stars, are they space ships or just rocks? Can there be more life out there, or am I thinking this just because I am insane?
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Samphy: Of course there's more life out there. There's portals to other realms all around us down here so why wouldn't there be on other planets as well?
    The ones on ground are quite difficult to find unless, like me, you are an occult and know where to look. But most non-occult folk usually have to either be told where they are or given some sort of obvious sign like glowing twinkly lights around an entrance. Don't know where this idea came from that a magic portal has to be glowing and twinkly, or have some sort of chemical reaction to be magical. Well, most if them do nowadays, just for a bit of fun but that's not the point. Magic in particular just gets too stereotyped these days. For example, the amount of humans who think all female Spellcasters are green with pointy ears and black hair! It's annoying. Especially when you are a female Spellcaster with green skin, pointed ears and black hair!
    Wait, I've gone off tangent. Where was I?

Have you ever had an experiment go wrong?
  • Options
    Bookworm2009189Bookworm2009189 Posts: 44 Member
    Yes! Strawberries and carrots! Perfect mix! I would walk around all day not finishing them!
  • Options
    Kio (grins wistfully to himself): I like strawberries. And carrots. My strawberry and carrot cake didn't come out too well though.

Do you keep insects?
  • Options
    Raven: Um... No, can't say I do! I like to avoid them more or less, if anything.

Are you an occult?
    37mfj.png
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited January 2021
    *me picking one of my Sims that is*

Gaston Beaulieu: "I am indeed. It wasn't my idea, but I probably owe my survival to Caleb and the good luck that he happened to be in the right place at the right time. Funny story but his sister Lilith was responsible. She found me passed out after a party at Morgan Fyres;' place, and I thought what happened was some weird dream. There was way more to it, but... anyway, it's lucky Caleb found me at a club and realized what was about to happen to me, because if I had gone through it alone I wouldn't have made it. When he eventually found out that the irresponsible Vampire who made me and then took off, was his own sister, he was furious, but she hadn't meant it to be that way. When she came back looking for me the next night, of course I wasn't there, because I didn't even live in Windenberg, I was in San Myshuno, a needle in a haystack. She didn't even know my name.

So it was pure luck Caleb found me in time. Anyway, there's a lot more to the story...Lilith also did something else that night, that I thought was a dream, and long story short, my daughter Rose is also her daughter.

It's crazy how all our lives got so tangled up, but Caleb and I were lovers, and parted on bad terms, which I realize now was entirely my fault, still not sure what was wrong with me. But now he's with...someone I have a history with. But I can't take living under my big brother's shadow anymore, and as destiny would have it, he took up with none other than Lilith, so I can't move around here without tripping over the two of them wrapped around each other.

I was considering exit strategies and wondering how I was going to do that without abandoning Rose, when Lilith asked if I would take Rose for a week or two to visit her uncle Caleb...so that's what I'm doing. Swallowed the butterflies and called him, and though he sounded a bit cold, he said I was just in time for some kind of special dinner, and to come dressed for it. So I'm heading over there now with my toddler, not sure what to expect, but hoping I'm dressed okay. It has to be about him and Morgan. Happy news. So I have to get a grip [brushes away a tear]. Wouldn't do to show up like this."

Have you ever had to pretend everything was okay, when it wasn't, for the greater good?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    "No if something is good it's good, if something is bad it is REALLY bad, like stinky things! I am quit open about my feelings!"

"Do you also like to disturb other Sims who is occupied with some work?"
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Norrell: (Grins) I've pulled the odd prank while people are at work, yes. The haunted room trick works particularly well. Levitating objects, emails from spirits, that sort of thing.
    Though one of the funniest was at my own workplace; my wife and I filled an entire safe with balloons, then gave my rivals an anonymous tip off, whilst my team cracked the real safe full of gold. It was a blast. Their faces! Ha!

Have there been any weird or unexplained occurrences in your neighbourhood recently?
  • Options
    AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    Not as far as I’ve seen.

Have you met a vampire before?
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • Options
    Raven: No, I don't believe I have. I could nearly say I haven't been to Forgotten Hollow at all if it wasn't for the night club that recently opened there.

Are your parents still alive?
    37mfj.png
  • Options
    AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    I don’t know. I’ve never met them.

Same Question.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Bee: "Yes, they just live else where although I'm always in contact with my mom more often."

Have you ever seen a streaker run past you while you were eating in a big city?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Tadeo: Not while I was eating but, um, yeah I've seen streakers a couple of times when out. What's really embarrassing is that it's usually my brother.

Have you had anything published?
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Quin: I have several social media accounts and am quite famous for them - I publish videos, images and blogs regularly. I have written several bestselling books but no one knows I did because I publish them under a different name. They have been nominated for awards but as I don't want people to know I wrote them, I can't attend the Starlight Accolades to see if I win.

What's your favourite season and why?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Raven: I'd like to say Summer is probably my favorite season! Del Sol Valley is just gorgeous during that time, and it opens up the door for a ton of fun activities. Swimming, barbeques, pool parties, all the works! Plus the view from the neighborhood is just given a real cherry on top with the clear blue skies and beaming sun. I will say though, Fall is a close second! Spookfest parties can be quite the blast.

Are you a vegetarian?
    37mfj.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Ikkanu (translated from Ancient Sulani): No. I remember as a young child asking the
    spirits if it is okay to eat meat and fish. They told me nature takes what it needs in order to survive, and that when I die, my body will become food itself for other animals, just as they have been food for me when I needed it. I didn't sleep for a week afterwards because I was worried about waking up to find different animals nibbling at me, but now I understand what they meant.
    So, um, basically I eat meat if it is the only thing available and I'm hungry. I feel a bit hypocritical though because I could never bring myself to actually hunt for food. I'm really not good with blood, or bones, plus I'm scared that whatever I'm hunting will turn around and hunt me instead. I do respect other people's choices though.

What is/are the most important lesson/s you have learnt in life?
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Terra: Be as crazy as you want to be!

Opinion on pets?
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    Kio: I love animals! Especially furry ones! Most of them usually run away from me though. I think it's the undead aura. But I do have some lovely companions. I live with a cowplant, a grub farm and even an alien plant!

What do you think of your neighbours?
  • Options
    Raven: I find my neighbors actually rather enjoyable! The Bailey-Moon's are kind, especially Octavia. Sometimes she'll come over and we'll chum it up, and she always makes Johnny laugh with some goofy joke. Thorne is fun too, we especially bond over the piano, as does he and Johnny with the guitar. Orange will probably be a good friend to Ophelia as well once she grows up! As for Ms. Judith Ward, she is very statuesque. The amount of films and television I've seen her in when I was younger, and now she lives right down the street from me... It's unbelievable. She has two kids as well, a boy and a girl... I've never met them yet admittedly, but I'm sure they're charming.

What is your favorite World you don't currently live in?
    37mfj.png