Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is this even possible?

slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
So I'm playing my legacy save, which I JUST started a few days ago, and my sim is having squiggly thought bubbles. I am playing an empty custom town that I made myself, and I haven't done any of the obvious things to cause corruption. HOW is my town corrupted already?? This is devastating! Can mods or CC cause corruption?

Comments

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2015
    zip ...

why am i suddenly in the sims memory lane ? :open_mouth:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

It's not Always a sign of corruption. I've played generations in one neighborhood after I saw that- My Sim was cleaning up after a fire and that was his first thought bubble. I thought it was corrupt also but it wasn't.

The Main sign of corruption is if the Toddlers get an Adult LTW and Aspiration other than their normal Grow up one (I think it's grow up XD).
    This happens if we install a populated lot that has partial Sim information (from a Sim having friend memories). They carry over into the new baby's information- iirc.

So, there probably isn't any problem. :)
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Oh thank you @Rflong7! You have given me hope. And you know what's crazy? A fire had JUST happened right before she had that thought bubble!
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Did you get a screenshot of the squiggly lines?
    oh3cjs.jpg
    No I didn't. I thought about it but then I decided to try to ignore it and forget about it lol. She's a Uni student at Academie Le Tour. A fire in the kitchen had just broken out. She was looking out a window when she had the thought bubbles. There were just two of them, and I haven't seen her or any other sim have them since.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2015
    This is what mine looked like (but not my picture) and it was after a fire and it always happens after a fire in game, to me.

yq8SJSw.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Yep that was how mine looked too. I just read on a site that it's common for sims to get them while looking out a window, which my simmie was doing when it happened. So, I'm not worried anymore.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Some symptoms of corruption are like sneezes. Sometimes you sneeze because you're sick. Other times something just tickled your nose.

You only need to be worried when you start to have major signs of corruption (toddlers/children with LTW's or inappropriate wants, etc) or a bunch of minor symptoms.

And you said you had an empty custom neighborhood. You didn't by any chance use the cheat deleteallcharacters did you? I know you said you didn't do anything common, but I'm just double checking you didn't forget about that cheat being bad.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    This is what mine looked like (but not my picture) and it was after a fire and it always happens after a fire in game, to me.

yq8SJSw.jpg
    Mine looked like that too. I didn't think of it much but then my toddler became a Fortune sim so I knew lol
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Some symptoms of corruption are like sneezes. Sometimes you sneeze because you're sick. Other times something just tickled your nose.

You only need to be worried when you start to have major signs of corruption (toddlers/children with LTW's or inappropriate wants, etc) or a bunch of minor symptoms.

And you said you had an empty custom neighborhood. You didn't by any chance use the cheat deleteallcharacters did you? I know you said you didn't do anything common, but I'm just double checking you didn't forget about that cheat being bad.

This. Plus, did you delete the bin Sims? Doing those things can cause hanging memories and stuff to be associated with the neighborhood, which can cause the squiggle lines. As others have said, though, that's not a huge deal on its own.
    No, I did neither of those things. I just picked an empty template, laid some empty EA houses down, created my sim and sent her to Uni.

Thanks for all of your input, guys. I don't think it's corruption anymore, but when she eventually has kids, I'll definitely be paying close attention to their wants as toddlers lol.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Mine looked like that too. I didn't think of it much but then my toddler became a Fortune sim so I knew lol
    As soon the toddler becomes a child, "Moooom, why did you buy me this cheap bed?"

Don't think I've ever had a corrupted game, though...
    Lift me up - Let me go
    I never have either and I hope to god this isn't the start!
    slynnski wrote: »
    I never have either and I hope to god this isn't the start!
    Pescado has some mods that can help prevent corruption in some cases.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    I really hope corruption isn't the case, probably juse a hiccup. :)

Related story: When I first played Sims 2, I did all kind of corruption-causing stuff. I specifically remember spawning in Ms.Crumplebottom and trying to get my sim to woohoo with her. It seemed fine for a long time. Then it slowly but surely went to plum.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member

Related story: When I first played Sims 2, I did all kind of corruption-causing stuff. I specifically remember spawning in Ms.Crumplebottom and trying to get my sim to woohoo with her. It seemed fine for a long time. Then it slowly but surely went to plum.

Reminds me that I used to BoolProp a baby from Grim by cheating him into my household and he'd follow the mother everywhere even though he always disappeared once I opened their household. She could move wherever she wanted to but Mr. Reaper would always follow even on community lots with her...
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • tisvana18tisvana18 Posts: 33 Member
    > @Godlike said:
    > thankucatgod wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Related story: When I first played Sims 2, I did all kind of corruption-causing stuff. I specifically remember spawning in Ms.Crumplebottom and trying to get my sim to woohoo with her. It seemed fine for a long time. Then it slowly but surely went to plum.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Reminds me that I used to BoolProp a baby from Grim by cheating him into my household and he'd follow the mother everywhere even though he always disappeared once I opened their household. She could move wherever she wanted to but Mr. Reaper would always follow even on community lots with her...

----

"Don't Fear the Reaper" is a great song, but maybe she should fear the reaper just a little bit, haha.

When I was 8 I one time added just about every NPC into a household. I had to completely reinstall the game if I remember correctly. The innocence of childhood.
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Godlike wrote: »

Reminds me that I used to BoolProp a baby from Grim by cheating him into my household and he'd follow the mother everywhere even though he always disappeared once I opened their household. She could move wherever she wanted to but Mr. Reaper would always follow even on community lots with her...

Oh no, I just remembered I did that also. :lol: I actually had 4 or so grim reapers in one household. They wouldnt show up in the sim panel, but everytime i loaded the family they were all on the screen. I don't think I ever got rid of them.
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    The same thing happened to me after a fire I recall. So, perhaps were they thinking about the fire? The icon is probably misplaced.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!