Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I have always been a one book at a time person. It may be a bit challenging to read 5 at once, but I will try.
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Can I just say, how in love I am with this world-building of Ironbound? It's not like some novels I've read where they introduce you to every little detail within the first couple of chapters, it's like you are introduced slowly, and you are immersed into this world without realising it. I hope to write like this when I get around to doing my novel this summer!
    I am so in love with Ironbound @Munterbacon!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Can I just say, how in love I am with this world-building of Ironbound? It's not like some novels I've read where they introduce you to every little detail within the first couple of chapters, it's like you are introduced slowly, and you are immersed into this world without realising it. I hope to write like this when I get around to doing my novel this summer!

Thank you! I kind of thought that would be a good approach. I get lost sometimes when there is too much explaining early on.

Besides, that's what the XIN database page is for. Anyone has questions, they go to the XIN database page and read up on what they're wanting more info on. If it's not there, all you have to do is ask me and I'll add it =)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    @Munterbacon ooh! I might read up on the XIN Database after I finish catching up!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    Also funny thing, I keep on calling Emperor Saarang, Emperor Love since Sarang in Korean is love xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    So I just casually binge read ALL of Ironbound this morning. @Munterbacon you are such an amazing writer! I have no idea how you managed to creat such a fascinating setting just with The Sims!

I didn't mean to read all of the chapters at once but I simply couldn't stop, the story is so captivating and suspenseful and you just want to keep on learning more about each of the characters! I have no words... Well perhaps aside from these: I need more!
    Also funny thing, I keep on calling Emperor Saarang, Emperor Love since Sarang in Korean is love xD

Hahaha I did not know that! That just makes Emp's Adventures even funnier!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Wow Ironbound is one hell of an awesome story!!!

But I also enjoyed the Freedom legacy as far as I have read it. It's just so ... American xD with the last name being Freedom and all that (I'm not American, no offense I just find it funny)
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    JulyaVee wrote: »

But I also enjoyed the Freedom legacy as far as I have read it. It's just so ... American xD with the last name being Freedom and all that (I'm not American, no offense I just find it funny)

I'm Scottish so the thought is more, William the Bruce "FREEEEDOOOMMM!" for me xD
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    So I just casually binge read ALL of Ironbound this morning. @Munterbacon you are such an amazing writer! I have no idea how you managed to creat such a fascinating setting just with The Sims!

I didn't mean to read all of the chapters at once but I simply couldn't stop, the story is so captivating and suspenseful and you just want to keep on learning more about each of the characters! I have no words... Well perhaps aside from these: I need more!

That's a LOT of reading hahaha! So glad that you like it, another chapter just came out about 30 mins ago, if you haven't gotten around to reading it :)

Thank you. I love @BabyDollAnne's story, caught up on it today... So filled with drama, and Jon is a Plummy Mc-Plumsauce!

dustshaela.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @Munterbacon True that! But there have to be some plums in every story or it wouldn't be interesting
    Woo! I caught up on Ironbound, and it's amazing!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png

That's a LOT of reading hahaha! So glad that you like it, another chapter just came out about 30 mins ago, if you haven't gotten around to reading it :)

Thank you. I love @BabyDollAnne's story, caught up on it today... So filled with drama, and Jon is a Plummy Mc-Plumsauce!

Just devoured the new chapter - yet another cliffhanger haha!

Jon from @BabyDollAnne 's story sure is the master of plumminess!

Him and Korv should get together and have little plum-babies (I'm sure there is a way to do so on Xaabos).
    dustshaela.jpg
    edited July 2015

Him and Korv should get together and have little plum-babies (I'm sure there is a way to do so on Xaabos).

Maybe we should hook them up if..
    Jon croaks it.
    One can only hope.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I've read LoTS!

Now I'm about to read Iron Bound first couple of chapter of Iron Bound!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Whoa...this isn't weird at all! No...I just feel like I showed up to a party in my birthday suit LOL. Not only was I unaware, but one of my stories is on the list AND you guys are talking about it?! Awkwaaaaaard lol. :blush:

Seriously...what an honor! I'm so glad people are reading it and enjoying it when it's not even in production right now! I CANNOT wait to get back to writing this! The excitement around this right now is tugging at my heart strings. All the more reasons to finish the legacy quickly, right?

I see I have some reading to do!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    I just wanted to say that I adore @Rorygilmore34 's Legacies of the Sims and I always get excited when she updates. She's such an excellent writer and really makes you feel for Grace and get attached to her; you share her hopes and dreams and her sadness and despair... You're always on your toes not knowing where the story will go next, but it's guaranteed that reading it will not leave you emotionally unaffected.
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    I just wanted to say that I adore @Rorygilmore34 's Legacies of the Sims and I always get excited when she updates. She's such an excellent writer and really makes you feel for Grace and get attached to her; you share her hopes and dreams and her sadness and despair... You're always on your toes not knowing where the story will go next, but it's guaranteed that reading it will not leave you emotionally unaffected.

@ThePlumbob I adore you.:) Thank you for this wonderful compliment.
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    I agree with @ThePlumbob! Legacies of the Sims is one of the most creative stories ever! I love the length of the chapters too. They're like little tiny clusters of dynamite...they just explode right on your head lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    Freedom Family Legacy has been updated!

@ThePlumbob I adore you.:) Thank you for this wonderful compliment.

Thank YOU for writing <3
    Jes2G wrote: »
    They're like little tiny clusters of dynamite...they just explode right on your head lol.

This is the best description ever!
  • rialreesrialrees Posts: 37 Member
    wow, I never knew there were quite so many stories out there - I'd seen a few in passing but never really took the time to read through them - would love to join in the reading on this club :)
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I have always been a one book at a time person. It may be a bit challenging to read 5 at once, but I will try.

I'm planning to read one at a time...in quick succession. If there are five that means 1 a day and 2 days for the really long ones, luckily part some of Ironbound's chapters are really short.

I don't know how much SFF you've read, but the slow reveal is a common practice, I used to get in trouble in my writing groups for not telling everything right away and I just had to keep remembering, SF readers are used to that. They'll wait as long as you dole out enough new information and details throughout. @Munterbacon is doing that perfectly.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    rialrees wrote: »
    wow, I never knew there were quite so many stories out there - I'd seen a few in passing but never really took the time to read through them - would love to join in the reading on this club :)

Welcome @rialrees exciting to have you join us!

Yes! Join in. You too can feel the despair of too many stories and not enough time - oh, wait! That's why we have this club to help. It's a fun selection this week, at least judging from the comments.

I'm looking forwad to the stories that aren't on wordpress as well since I'm not good on keeping track of them if they're not on my reader.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.