Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited September 2018
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I planned to nominate Keeping up with the Joneses by @Jes2G for Tasty Read. Since you've already nominated her, I'll add another nomination: Monte Vista Stories by @gnasling for Tasty Read.

thats the one shes working on now ? i got lost after dj ended jes is hard to keep up with sometimes too,
    life lessons by bugsie.

shes sad because she thinks no one wants to discuss her stories. but i read at least part of one and its great. so i don't want her to feel bad.

cog its the current reading in banna can you copy the link for me my mouse is dying well the batteries.
    heard back from pg. shes busy til the 26 of this month . thats when her class ends. she is excited though.
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Oh! Thank you @CathyTea and @Maladi777! Decisions, decisions...
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited September 2018
    life lessons by bugsie.

shes sad because she thinks no one wants to discuss her stories. but i read at least part of one and its great. so i don't want her to feel bad.

cog its the current reading in banna can you copy the link for me my mouse is dying well the batteries.

Hi @friendsfan367 no worries. I like LL too.

Here's the link.

https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com

@CathyTea this ones a tasty read.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Forgive my scatterbrain... But since I've been nominated, what happens next? :confused:

Are some questions asked?
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »
    Forgive my scatterbrain... But since I've been nominated, what happens next? :confused:

we don't know yet. cog is taking it kind of easy cause some of the nominees currently have conflicts. not bad just real life.

we don't know yet. cog is taking it kind of easy cause some of the nominees currently have conflicts. not bad just real life.

And Cog's got real life conflicts too. :joy:

Nah, it's okay. @emorril I've made a new thread which I'll link in a sec. I'll be posting the schedule there and a detailed account of what to expect. :)

Nah, it's okay. @emorril I've made a new thread which I'll link in a sec. I'll be posting the schedule there and a detailed account of what to expect. :)

Here's the new thread. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947864/book-club-new-thread#latest
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    edited September 2018

@emorrill -- Cog and I will figure out the schedule, check with everyone that the schedule works for them, and then the readings and conversations will happen over on the new thread! Exciting!

I think we still need a few more Tasty Read nominations to fill out all the weeks.

We'll be sure to tag you when we've got the initial schedule drafted--and then it's up for revision so we can accommodate everyone!

Cheers!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Do the tasty reads have to be Sims 4? I have been reading a Sims 3 story that I love. It is what actually got me started reading and writing.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    edited September 2018
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Do the tasty reads have to be Sims 4? I have been reading a Sims 3 story that I love. It is what actually got me started reading and writing.

@Skcaga6 It can be any type of SimLit. :)
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Then I HIGHLY recommend Light The Way To Heaven by @BLAMSART for Tasty Reads.

There's quite a few tasty characters in the story also. (*sigh* James <3 )
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @friendsfan367 @simscognito @CathyTea Thank you for the info. :blush:

So should I bookmark the new thread instead of this one? ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @friendsfan367 @simscognito @CathyTea Thank you for the info. :blush:

So should I bookmark the new thread instead of this one? ;)

You should for sure bookmark the new one . During the transition , it doesn't hurt to bookmark both .

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

sorry cog i got used to answering for cathtea when she got busy so now i expanded it to you and adamandeve. lol
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

sorry cog i got used to answering for cathtea when she got busy so now i expanded it to you and adamandeve. lol

What about me, @friendsfan367?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

when you were busy i would answer the questions people had inww. you knew that. :) currently being annoyed because the neighbor behind my favorite chair were allowed to get what sounds like a washing machine. behind the wall where the chair is. .
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

when you were busy i would answer the questions people had inww. you knew that. :) currently being annoyed because the neighbor behind my favorite chair were allowed to get what sounds like a washing machine. behind the wall where the chair is. .

Ahhh... yes. I've been busy. Thanks, @friendsfan367.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Ahhh... yes. I've been busy. Thanks, @friendsfan367.

your welcome. even though i'm busy now too its still not like you cog and cathtea so i try and help when i can. :)
    Note, October 8, 2018: This is the old book club thread, and it is currently inactive. The active Book Club has moved here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947864/. Please jump over there and take part!

You're welcome to look through our past readings and conversations here--lots of good stuff! And to join in with the current conversations, please head over the New Book Club!

Thanks a million to all the writers and readers who participated here over the past few years! Lots of good times! :)<3:)

• JahnaMarieJahnaMarie Posts: 2 New Member
    >:) Wow, so glad I found this post. It's been a looooong time. I am Candi's daughter IRL and I play the Sims 4. Sad to say she lost her way from the Sims community. Tonight I had a discussion with her about getting back into the Sims and picking up the Uglacy family in the Sims 4. I will give a strong push but I really hope there is still a fan base out there for her!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @JahnaMarie: no pressure, but her story is legendary and I'm glad to hear Candi's still alive and well (it's worth wondering who's still with us after 20+ years of Sims...)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    JahnaMarie wrote: »
    >:) Wow, so glad I found this post. It's been a looooong time. I am Candi's daughter IRL and I play the Sims 4. Sad to say she lost her way from the Sims community. Tonight I had a discussion with her about getting back into the Sims and picking up the Uglacy family in the Sims 4. I will give a strong push but I really hope there is still a fan base out there for her!

Hey, JahnaMarie! Nice to meet you! And how cool that you play Sims, too! I was just thinking about Candi the other day. I'd love to read anything by her!

If she starts writing again, will you ask her to pop by the Writers' Lounge thread, https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/835533/writers-lounge-for-all-games#latest , and let us know? I think several of her fans still check that thread now and then.

I am a lifelong fan of hers! I spent so many happy hours in my office during breaks and stealing hours reading the original Uglacy!

Also, do you write?

So glad you're here!