Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugged "Contains New Items!" won't go away?

i've recently started up the game and it was a re-installation so all the objects are shown as new. and so i clicked all the objects to get rid of the gold overlay on the icons. but the thing is now i've clicked on all the objects theres still those gold overlays on the icons and still says there new objects when infact there is no objects that are new objects.

The game is telling me i have new objects in Activities & Skills section and when i search by function it says theres new objects in Knowledge, Recreation and Misc subcategories. this is really annoying when i go in build mode and was wondering if anyone else gets this bug and if theres a fix?

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Some of the locked objects for careers are also in this category so they will still have it until you unlock it (or cheat) and click on it lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    CelebrityWizardCelebrityWizard Posts: 132 Member
    Some of the locked objects for careers are also in this category so they will still have it until you unlock it (or cheat) and click on it lol.

i actually did try that, thats what i did before posting this thread and thats why i talked about it because there is no other objects and it still says i have new objects. and i tried clicking all objects in the tab but still it does it.
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    I have had this bug forever, the new flag refuses to go away no matter what I do. I have unlocked everything unhidden everything, gone to ever single map and done every lot choice and it refuses to stop. It is something in the Activities section that is screwing it all up and I have made multiple post on these very forums for months complaining about this. Just glad to see I am not alone.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited July 2015
    Ignore this 8)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Ignore this 8)

Oh.. I can't just ignores these 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gold things

Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it doing each add on one at at time. It definitely has something to do with Get To Work and under the Activities and Skills section, because the bug comes back only after I install GTW.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it doing each add on one at at time. It definitely has something to do with Get To Work and under the Activities and Skills section, because the bug comes back only after I install GTW.
    i do think it may be a bug but i have GTW and was able to remove the gold flags with no issue. bugs dont necessarily effect everyone but i also have no mods installed for the update so worth removing and resetting files and trying a new game to confirm that cant help if you use mods as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    i do think it may be a bug but i have GTW and was able to remove the gold flags with no issue. bugs dont necessarily effect everyone but i also have no mods installed for the update so worth removing and resetting files and trying a new game to confirm that cant help if you use mods as well.

Yeah after a complete absolutely fresh install (before new install I removed all EA and Origin folder's from computer) I didn't put back in any mods at all. When I installed the base game I went in and did all the new flags and all flags went away. Logged out came back in and checked new flags still gone. Then I did the same process with OR and new flags removed. Installed GTW and did the same process and the new flag in the Activities and Skills section refuses to go away. I will repeat I did a complete and fresh install and added no mods, the game was fresh and still have issues with the new flag and have since GTW was released.
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm still having the same problem @ArielDelphinus is having. Where the Activities and Skills tab have gold groups of things I've supposedly not put down but I've searches all three sections one item at a time, even put down EVERY item in the gold group and they still won't go away... It's driving me mad, because I intend to get the Spa pack and the fact that it says I have new content when I don't is really messing with my head. I thought the patch yesterday said it was fixed but mine is still there :/

I have no mods at all and the only pack I have is Get to Work. x-x
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Thank God! I'm not alone! I've been doing the same as @ArielDelphinus for some time, I'm a desperately sad neatfreak and this drives me crazy! :s Have mercy EA and fix this! :'(
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    Same problem here. Even if the latest patch notes say that "Items flagged as “New” will no longer be “New” once you know them." Nope, this bug hasn't been solved, EA.
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Glad to read i'm not the only one, hopefully it'll be fixed soon because it's driving my nuts :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    I am so glad to see I am not alone, not happy you are all having the same issue just glad I am not alone. I am OCD and a neat freak as well and this flag thing not going away is driving me crazy and I have spent hours and hours trying to find what is causing it and uninstalling the game and reinstalling the game.
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    AmberEECAmberEEC Posts: 109 Member
    I have the same problem. I do not use mods or cc but i have get to work. I have turned on the showhiddenobjects cheat and the ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat and have clicked on every object in my game but it still says there are new items in these places:
    -indoor activities
    -hobbies and skills
    -retail items
    -bar items
    -generic items
    -gym items
    ... you get the point, its in every subsection of specific items. Pls can you tell me if you find a soloution
    Origin ID: AmberECC
    Simming since the sims 2

• Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I sort of just gave up on getting rid of the "New" tags... I had to uninstall and reinstall my game thanks to the language files not being updated, so I had a bucket load of New tags and I didn't bother trying to get rid of them! xD Limited Edition + Outdoor Retreat + Get to Work = too many tags! and they don't go away, even if you click! D:
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I actually fixed this problem...by hex editing the ReticulatedSplinesView file in the TS4 folder (which is used to store what items are new and what are not.) If anyone is interested I can share my ReticulatedSplinesView file.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I only have the new tags for Activities and Hobbies but when I click on that category, none of the items are tagged.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I actually fixed this problem...by hex editing the ReticulatedSplinesView file in the TS4 folder (which is used to store what items are new and what are not.) If anyone is interested I can share my ReticulatedSplinesView file.

hey @elelunicy do you think you can PM me the file not sure if EA will allow you to post it here but i can share with a few others and test thanks!
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »

hey @elelunicy do you think you can PM me the file not sure if EA will allow you to post it here but i can share with a few others and test thanks!
    I didn't see anything about not sharing files in forum rules, so I'll just post it.

Here is my ReticulatedSplinesView file. Replace the one in your Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder (remember to back up your old ReticulatedSplinesView file.)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    @ELELUNICY its from the TOS and EA in the past for sims 3 barred certain postings, my suggestion was a precaution in case this could be treated like some other files before. Though hopefully if there is any issue mods will just remove your posting/ link and not thread.
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Don't try this, it will mess your game big time. Best to wait for a patch.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    Yes, I'm waiting for the patch. I hoped Spa Day would fix this, but no such luck... :(
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    hi,
    I have been having the same problem! It's driving me plum crazy! Have reinstalled the entire game twice. The 2nd time I thought I had it fixed... but no :s Hope EA can fix this!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    hi,
    I have been having the same problem! It's driving me plum crazy! Have reinstalled the entire game twice. The 2nd time I thought I had it fixed... but no :s Hope EA can fix this!

Hello @shadyladynz .
    Perhaps you may like to press " me too" on the EA bug thread site. The link is
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Highlighting-of-new-items-stuck/m-p/4572139#M13422
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    @rosemow..Done.
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538