Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will There Ever Be A Patch For The Disappearing Espresso & Tea Appliances?

This issue should have been addressed in the first patch for the base game. Is anyone at EA listening? *Taps mic* "Is this thing on?" :/
Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2015
    They are not disappearing though if you do not hire a maid. The maid throws them away if they are dirty. I have never hired a maid in this game because they are usually worthless and have never had any of my coffee or tea appliances come up missing. But when I read on the forums the maids throw them away if they are used - then I have since refrained from ever hiring one. LOL.

Apparently Maxis likes Klepto maids or something. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    I have disappearing violins. I've bought like 5 of them, now I have to keep track of violin because we can't afford the extortionate bills because violin replacement.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @PirateJandcats
    I have disappearing violins. I've bought like 5 of them, now I have to keep track of violin because we can't afford the extortionate bills because violin replacement.
    might be that the sims leave them everywhere they use them
    there is a mod which tells the sims to keep the violins in their inventories
    should be of course just simply functioning without mods like this, but well ... :confused:

Keep Instruments in Inventory v2 <<<

there is also another fix for the bugged functionality of instruments

Violin and Guitar Bugfixes v6 <<<

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    Thank you :smiley:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I had the same issue with mainly guitars in Sims 2 and 3 because the sims would carry their guitar in their inventory to go jam with other band members and often put the guitar down and if I did not tell them to return it to their inventory they would leave it behind. I know in previous games if you recall where they left it, you could go back and retrieve it though. It never disappeared unless another sims picked it up and pocketed it. Klepto sims were bad about stealing instruments even in clubs in Sims 3. I don't really know - are there Klepto sims in Sims 4? I don't play Sims 4 as often as Sims 2 or Sims 3 because I prefer family play - so I am no expert on Sims 4. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    This issue should have been addressed in the first patch for the base game. Is anyone at EA listening? *Taps mic* "Is this thing on?" :/

I think the maid steals them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Writin_Reg
    in TS3 happens from time to time
    in TS4 happens always, the sims leave the instruments on the ground every time they play it, equal if taken from the ground or from inventory

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I have never used the maid ONCE in TS4 (mostly because there isn't really a need to, since Sims don't make very large messes anymore...), but I've heard nothing but bad things about them. Maybe they need an overhaul some time soon...
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Ah, I hadn't heard about the maids doing this, Writin Reg, so thank you for clearing this up for me. And it's nice to see you here... I remember you from the previous sims forums. I used to go by Wolfeyes and Wolfstarz back in the day. :)
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T