Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I NEED METEORS!

I've been playing TS3 since launch and I can count the amount of meteors I have experienced on a single finger. I find it really interesting to have them happen, but I just can't seem to get the event to occur.

Does anyone know of either any particularly meteor-y worlds or any mods to have meteors be more frequent (that is also updated to the latest patch -- I found a meteor mod, but it was really old...)? I really want to have them happen in my game more often!

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Once I started a University Life family to explore University and when they went to University, the very first day, a meteor fell and crushed all eight sims in the dorm at the front of it's door.

It took 10 minutes for the reaper to reap them all and I had to start again :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I am. I am so sorry. You have my Sim-condolences. The only meteor I've had was near a Science Facility once years and years and years ago.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I am. I am so sorry. You have my Sim-condolences. The only meteor I've had was near a Science Facility once years and years and years ago.

It's ok, I laughed a lot in that day xD But I also got a bit mad cause I had to start all over again.

There are little meteors scatered around town though, if you need them, some tend to apear near cemeteries for some reason at least in my game.

If you have Nraas something mod I think you can make the event happen manually. I'm assuming you have Ambitions.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If you get the Science Group Project object apparently you can cause meteor showers with it. you just have to get the correct coloured flame. I'm not sure what colour you need though.

Also if you have an alien they can summon meteors.
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Once I started a University Life family to explore University and when they went to University, the very first day, a meteor fell and crushed all eight sims in the dorm at the front of it's door.

It took 10 minutes for the reaper to reap them all and I had to start again :\

I am so sorry - mostly because I can't quit full out laughing at this. I am NOT a mean person but come on, that's funny hehehe

• GodsAndMonstersGodsAndMonsters Posts: 3 New Member
    The meteor mod on Mod the sims doesn't have to be updated anymore to my knowledge. But meteors do get annoying after a while. They randomly show up and ruin your sims day and set everything you love on fire.
  • JenwalesJenwales Posts: 110 Member
    Haven't had that happen at all! I also don't seem to have many events happen like when you buy a house and there's been an earthquake they should've put more of that in the game
  • RuthyBananaRuthyBanana Posts: 335 Member
    I have only had it happen twice in my game so I know your pain.

First time it ever happened I had just moved a newly married couple into their new home - as they were settling in a meteor fell and killed the family plumbot. :D

Alien sims have the power to summon meteors if you wanted to force such an event...not that I condone such things ;)
    tumblr_n3knr0AooC1sbvx0oo1_400.gif
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    If you have Into the Future, you can get a Meteor Attractor thingie. It's part of the creating the dystopian future line. Also, if you have the dystopian future, meteors fall pretty frequently when you're there.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited July 2015
    Let me tell you how to do it. You don't even need University or ITF. Just make a sim you are really, really looking forward to playing for a long time, or build a house that turns out just perfect, and a meteor will immediately show up to ruin all your plans. :P At least that's what happens to me. Maybe I'm the only person who sees them more often than she'd like.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MissElorriMissElorri Posts: 27 Member
    > @suzses said:
    > Let me tell you how to do it. You don't even need University or ITF. Just make a sim you are really, really looking forward to playing for a long time, or build a house that turns out just perfect, and a meteor will immediately show up to ruin all your plans. :P At least that's what happens to me. Maybe I'm the only person who sees them more often than she'd like.

Lol! The same thing happens to me too! But I was happy to saw this. And after this event, I saw many meteor in my game. Sims takes weeks to clean themselves :) Very funny!
    I think it's aleatory. I have meteor with poor and rich families.
  • redisbossredisboss Posts: 59 Member
    Whenever an alien visits me at add them to my household and save them to the bin, then I cause mischief mwahhaha :tongue:
    large.gif
    Looks like I can only make meteors happen by my own hand, then. Ah well...

Thanks, though, everyone!
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited July 2015
    One time the groom was late to the wedding to his soon-to-be wife, and then it started raining. A meteor crashed right near the arches and chairs. Singed, soaked, tearful, and furious was the bride, and the groom went and left. And if that wasn't enough, three guests died :| This was the first and absolute worst encounter with a meteor..It was interesting though.
    I think that might be why I like the thought of meteors so much. They're random, they clearly affect your game in some way, and you as the player get to decide how the chaos will be handled. Will the bride and groom reschedule their wedding? Will they take it as a sign from SIMGOD and break up? WHO KNOWS?! SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    :P At that point they had a justice of the peace.