Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why?

I wish I could get 'Get to Work' (Hahaha, Get get... I'm so immature...) but it's so expensive! If anyone has the pack and would like to give a detailed description of what's in it // the content within the game, it might make me understand why it is so. (BTW, expensive : £29.99 (Price in UK))
I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
eM56lKI.png
Call me Sub

Comments

• emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member
    Wow that's actually a steal (I paid 39.99 so I've been cheated haha). Anyway I got it because of sheer curiosity and finding $50 and let me say YOU WONT REGRET IT.

- Being a Doctor is fun and isn't too hard or too easy to advance in

- I found the Scientist career to be entertaining with all the different experiments and screw ups that could happen

- The Detective career is a lot harder than the Doctor career (imo) but that's because there is a lot of things you have to do to catch the criminal so that automatically means more work but the cool outfits + item perks you get when you level up are definitely worth it

- After I level up to 10 in any of the careers I play for maybe another Sim week then I quit my job and start to run my own business. If you reach the top of any of those careers you could be making anywhere from 2.5k-4k a day, seriously. The money I made from that job I chose what I want to run (there are so many options honestly it's really up to your creativity) I've run bakeries, bookstores, furniture stores, a convenience store, and just a regular restaurant(ish). And to save time you can just live above your business and even scheduled maids come by and clean up your business which I think is a life savers because I always have plates and trash everywhere at my bakery.

- OK I normally don't care about these things because of CC but they have GREAT clothes and hairs in this EP. I felt a lack in variety from the base game and this really helped. It offers more ethnic hair, more casual clothes, and things that I could totally see myself wearing.

- ALIENS. I haven't [personally] made an alien but i encounter them on the streets without knowing (because they wear disguises) one time i woohooed/ try for a baby with one and 3 days later I had a purple alien baby >_< I did not see that coming!

But anyway if you find any of these things interesting you should get it seriously. If you have any questions I'm here!
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Very nice breakdown, hope she enjoys it if she gets it. It is the best one they have added so far.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    emilyduru wrote: »
    Wow that's actually a steal (I paid 39.99 so I've been cheated haha). Anyway I got it because of sheer curiosity and finding $50 and let me say YOU WONT REGRET IT.

- Being a Doctor is fun and isn't too hard or too easy to advance in

- I found the Scientist career to be entertaining with all the different experiments and screw ups that could happen

- The Detective career is a lot harder than the Doctor career (imo) but that's because there is a lot of things you have to do to catch the criminal so that automatically means more work but the cool outfits + item perks you get when you level up are definitely worth it

- After I level up to 10 in any of the careers I play for maybe another Sim week then I quit my job and start to run my own business. If you reach the top of any of those careers you could be making anywhere from 2.5k-4k a day, seriously. The money I made from that job I chose what I want to run (there are so many options honestly it's really up to your creativity) I've run bakeries, bookstores, furniture stores, a convenience store, and just a regular restaurant(ish). And to save time you can just live above your business and even scheduled maids come by and clean up your business which I think is a life savers because I always have plates and trash everywhere at my bakery.

- OK I normally don't care about these things because of CC but they have GREAT clothes and hairs in this EP. I felt a lack in variety from the base game and this really helped. It offers more ethnic hair, more casual clothes, and things that I could totally see myself wearing.

- ALIENS. I haven't [personally] made an alien but i encounter them on the streets without knowing (because they wear disguises) one time i woohooed/ try for a baby with one and 3 days later I had a purple alien baby >_< I did not see that coming!

But anyway if you find any of these things interesting you should get it seriously. If you have any questions I'm here!

£29.99 is equivalent to over $46. We don't get the good end of the stick here in the UK. (Although it could be worse, we could be paying the prices they charge in Australia or New Zealand!)
    tFU6JMe.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello.
    This is a guide to Get to Work. It explains about the various features in the EP, gives pictures of the build/buy and CAS items, and details the new recipes, collectibles etc.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Thanks so much everyone, especially @emilyduru for the thorough desc. <3 thanks!
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2015
    I bought my first Sims games in the UK when I lived there. The U.S. prices are definitely better, which pretty much applies to everything but Guinness, fish and chips, or curry dishes. . .

And used Jaguars.
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--