Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story of The Tragic Clown -Update 27-

191011121315...Next

Comments

• FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I love how mr. Devil is a goodlooking Brad Pitt kinda guy btw haha. I really hope he didn't walk out of your story ^.^
    At first I planned to use Darth Maul from the Star Wars collection, but making him a good looking guy added more as the Devil comes in many faces.

Hey, that was a good call - the devil should be hot!

You know, hot.. because, hell..
    *crickets*
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    edited August 2015
    I love how mr. Devil is a goodlooking Brad Pitt kinda guy btw haha. I really hope he didn't walk out of your story ^.^
    At first I planned to use Darth Maul from the Star Wars collection, but making him a good looking guy added more as the Devil comes in many faces.

Hey, that was a good call - the devil should be hot!

You know, hot.. because, hades..
    *crickets*

edit: omg this filter. *shakes head*
  • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    edited August 2015
    Good choice, it's harder to hate him that way. We tend to be more forgiving towards beautiful people :#

and Sims :s
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • plastiekzakskeplastiekzakske Posts: 253 Member
    @JoAnne65 & @Rojo De Guy That is true, unfortunately. And that is not how it should be ...
    @FloorRaisin :) I forgot about Hades, God of the Underworld B)
    @all I'm going away for 2 days, so that means a mini break on the CT update. He will return shortly ;)
    SimLitFinal_zpsxopnjpp8.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    (Oh mr. Plastic Bag where art thou!? I miss your story...)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Tell the tragic clown that I miss him :p
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
    Tragic clown come back (Sob) It's a tragedy without him!
    Br560.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    It's so tragic!
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    It's so tragic!

I've missed so many doses of tragic clown that it's more tragic than Sunny!
    Br560.
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Agreed
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    You people need to stop posting in here. You're ruining my hopes with your foolery.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    You people need to stop posting in here. You're ruining my hopes with your foolery.

Mine too!

*weeps forever*
    I miss the Tragic Clown as well and to be honest I'm even a bit worried (about Plastiekzakske). One of the disturbing aspects of internet forums: when someone doesn't show up anymore you never know why. I hope his reasons are happy ones.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited September 2015
    I miss the Tragic Clown as well and to be honest I'm even a bit worried (about Plastiekzakske). One of the disturbing aspects of internet forums: when someone doesn't show up anymore you never know why. I hope his reasons are happy ones.

yeah, I'm quite concerned about Plastiekzakske too. Hopefully they're alright.

(Argh, sorry. I resurrected it... really sorry guys :# )
    Br560.
  • plastiekzakskeplastiekzakske Posts: 253 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hey guy's. First of all, sorry I just vanished like that...

The truth is, I'm really frustrated and disappointed about The Sims 4. I guess it started with the announcement on Get Together.
    What I feel about The Sims 4 now is perfectly described by LGR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRBo2Gnwi4
    I can't say it any better ....

So, I was thinking, why invest time in a game you don't like anymore?

I treasure the great time I had with the Sims for many years. Discovering the game in 2000, I fell in love with the concept big time!
    The Sims 2 was even better and I dove into making Machinima, met some great people and even had the oppertunatie to work on machinima at the EA headquarters, twice.

The first cracks appeared with The Sims 3. The open world was a sweet new addition ... alas, it did not perform very well. With the launche of CAW, I was hooked again. Creating your own world and all the residents living in it. So I didn't care too much about the empty venues and the many bugs.

Now, with the Sims 4, which i have given a fair try for almost a year, It does not do it for me anymore. The quality of the game and especially the game play dumbed down for me. And for most, the restrictions you get from Sims 4. I have the feeling I can't create any more. No color wheel, no open world, no landscaping, no free lot placing, ...

With the creation of stories, I hoped to feel the spark again, but I didn't ...
    It's like a long relationship, where you really care about somebody but you also realise that this persone is changed so much you can't be together anymore.

Reading all your comments made me feel warm and that's why I feel you guy's are entitled of an explanation.
    despite my adversity to Sims 4, I do miss working on the story. So I probably will finish the story of The Tragic Clown. It won't be as frequent as before because my personal life is taking up most of the time.

Thank you, all of you, for worrying about me and caring for my story. I own you the rest of the story :)

SimLitFinal_zpsxopnjpp8.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Thanks for posting the update Plastiek! I understand where you are coming from, while I personally have been able to find enough elements in the game that are enjoyable for me and outweigh the losses, I appreciate that there is a lot that's missing, and I do worry about the future of the franchise.

Glad to hear that all's well with you, and hope you'll find another creative outlet. I've missed the Tragic Clown; though don't feel that you have to update the story because you "owe" us. If you choose to continue the story, then awesome; but I'm sure everyone will understand if you don't. It's important for the author to enjoy their creative work :)
    Hey guy's. First of all, sorry I just vanished like that...

The truth is, I'm really frustrated and disappointed about The Sims 4. I guess it started with the announcement on Get Together.
    What I feel about The Sims 4 now is perfectly described by LGR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRBo2Gnwi4
    I can't say it any better ....

So, I was thinking, why invest time in a game you don't like anymore?

I treasure the great time I had with the Sims for many years. Discovering the game in 2000, I fell in love with the concept big time!
    The Sims 2 was even better and I dove into making Machinima, met some great people and even had the oppertunatie to work on machinima at the EA headquarters, twice.

The first cracks appeared with The Sims 3. The open world was a sweet new addition ... alas, it did not perform very well. With the launche of CAW, I was hooked again. Creating your own world and all the residents living in it. So I didn't care too much about the empty venues and the many bugs.

Now, with the Sims 4, which i have given a fair try for almost a year, It does not do it for me anymore. The quality of the game and especially the game play dumbed down for me. And for most, the restrictions you get from Sims 4. I have the feeling I can't create any more. No color wheel, no open world, no landscaping, no free lot placing, ...

With the creation of stories, I hoped to feel the spark again, but I didn't ...
    It's like a long relationship, where you really care about somebody but you also realise that this persone is changed so much you can't be together anymore.

Reading all your comments made me feel warm and that's why I feel you guy's are entitled of an explanation.
    despite my adversity to Sims 4, I do miss working on the story. So I probably will finish the story of The Tragic Clown. It won't be as frequent as before because my personal life is taking up most of the time.

Thank you, all of you, for worrying about me and caring for my story. I own you the rest of the story :)

I'm just glad that you're all right. :)

Br560.
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    @plastiekzakske Thank you for the explanation, plastie! Don't feel obligated to play just for our sake. :)
    Aw, thanks for the update, @plastiekzakske - Please take care of you and do what makes you happy. We'll live. :)
    edited September 2015
    It's a sad coincidence your disappointment came exactly at the same time I found a way to appreciate the game myself, purely due to your story. My perspective is slightly different than LGR's (and yours then), because there were no cracks for me with Sims 3, for me that's the Sims game vision I'd like to see and I would have loved for them to continue. I tried to analyze that for myself and I concluded there are people who want to be able to do things in the game, and people who mainly want to dream things. I'm the second kind of player, those worlds he's talking about were an enrichment for me and in no way devalued the game. Same with all the expansions (regarding the SP's I'm with him). Other Store stuff (sets) I just didn't buy.
    The difference in Sims 4 is, that the game seems to need all the additions to be playable and I think that's were they went a wrong direction.

Anyway, this is Feedback section stuff and we're in the story section here. I enjoyed your story tremendously, you have a terrific sense of 'dry' humor (not sure if that's correct English but you'll understand what I mean by that ;)), and like I said you inspired me to 'find the entrance' in Sims 4, so for that I owe you a thank you :) For my own sake I hope you'll finish the story, but - like others say - only if you feel up to that. Sure am happy everything was fine with you and to hear from you ^.^
    5JZ57S6.png
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    Chateau Sausage's face, "Nothing to see here!" Ha! ;)