Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

-: ATTN - if your game won't start, READ HERE :-

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    @roicito Have you gotten it to work with just the base game?
  • Options
    roicitoroicito Posts: 2 New Member
    @tamalinn I will try to launch it like that, I have been using origin to install them since the mac book air doesn't have the hardware to put in a CD. Anyway I want to be able to use my expansions eventually! Its just unfair to just play the base game :neutral:
  • Options
    BingoBingo Posts: 2 New Member
    I did everything that your post said and I have a mac book air and the game still wont play
  • Options
    BingoBingo Posts: 2 New Member
    could you help me @BluebellFlora ?
    thanks
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
  • Options
    PerfectWithFlawsPerfectWithFlaws Posts: 6 New Member
    I have the same laptop
    I think I am just going to give up
    I am going to buy a windows laptop for sims 3 and 4
    Does anyone know a laptop that can play both?
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    If you have enough space on your Hard Drive, you can have the best of both worlds by installing a Windows partition on your Mac via BootCamp. Bootcamp itself is free (from Apple), for Windows you'll have to pay MicroSoft. That way you'll be able to use your Mac for all your daily business and just switch to Windows for playing the Sims.
  • Options
    Aggieman999999Aggieman999999 Posts: 57 Member
    I got a macbook pro and the same "unknown error" message popped up
    on me when I tried to play the Origin download version of TS3 Seasons. Now, I am going to try to load the Sims 3 Games in order, filling in the blanks and uplodimg any new patches until I reach Seasons. If that doesn't work, what should I do?
  • Options
    AshpeefAshpeef Posts: 173 Member
    To save you a bit of time: download the super-patch to 1.67 (official EA stuff, stickied at the front of the Mac Forum page).
    Now install only the base game and straight away patch it with that patch; don't DL any other patch.
    Next, as you intended, install all EP' and SP's in order of their date of release (mixing EP and SP as needed). Ignore any complaints on things being too old or too new. When this is done, one final time patch with the super patch.
    Finish by installing any Store Content you own (using the Launcher). This will result in the advise to do a store update. That one is needed, so go along. But adamantly refuse all other updates!
    When finished you should have a pristine 1.67 version of the game, ready to go.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm sorry to be so flip when players are having trouble, but this has me curious. How do you "adamantly" refuse an update? Is it the way or angle in which you hold your mouse at the time or something that gives it more attitude?

Edit: (Looks up the world "adamant"). Oh. Never mind. :(
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MIKI48MIKI48 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have early 2015 13" MacBook Pro. I have followed and checked every step on your website. (I can not post the link :neutral: ) The only time I accidentally ran it was restarted my mac from safe mode. I really enjoyed Sims 3 way more than Sims 4. Please help me through this. Thank you. :smile:
  • Options
    MIKI48MIKI48 Posts: 2 New Member
    After reading this whole 8 page posts. I tried different codes posted here. I still can not open the game. Here's my code:

card 0x162b "IntelIris6100"
    card 0x162b "Mobile Broadwell GT3"

elseif (match("${cardName}", "*IvyBridge*"))
    seti cardLevel $cardLevelMedium
    seti isCardMatched true
    elseif (match("${cardName}", "*Haswell*"))
    seti isCardMatched true
    elseif (match("${cardName}", "*Broadwell*"))
    seti isCardMatched true
    elseif (match("${cardName}", "*Intel Broadwell HD Graphics*"))
    seti isCardMatched true
    elseif (match("${cardName}", "*IntelIris6100*"))
    seti isCardMatched true
  • Options
    Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and open the DeviceConfig.log by right clicking on it and choosing TextEdit. Can you copy and paste the following (yours will obviously say Intel, not NVIDIA) here:

=== Rating info ===
    GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2600 Threading: 3
    Adjusted CPU: 3067 RAM: 15906 Adjusted RAM: 15394 Cores: 2

and then:

=== Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    Name (database): GeForce GT 650M [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0fd5, Board: 00000000, Chipset: 0000
    Driver: display, Version: 0.10.0.11360, GUID: 40C1B248-9D7D-4A29-D7B7-4CD8109F3D5D
    Driver version: 11360
    Monitor: DISPLAY
    Texture memory: 1024MB
    Vertex program: 3.0
    Pixel program: 3.0
    Hardware TnL: 1
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    guestguest Posts: 4 New Member
    :( Have there been any updates for Macbook Air 2015? if not, somebody please give me the contact information to the people who's responsible for this because I just bought the games and I've spent a few hours trying to figure out why it's not working. If it's not compatible for certain macbooks, they need to fix IMMEDIATELY.
  • Options
    Have there been any updates for Macbook Air 2015? if not, somebody please give me the contact information to the people who's responsible for this because I just bought the games and I've spent a few hours trying to figure out why it's not working. If it's not compatible for certain macbooks, they need to fix IMMEDIATELY.
  • Options
    guest wrote: »
    :( Have there been any updates for Macbook Air 2015? if not, somebody please give me the contact information to the people who's responsible for this because I just bought the games and I've spent a few hours trying to figure out why it's not working. If it's not compatible for certain macbooks, they need to fix IMMEDIATELY.

This is affecting some Macs from 2013 onwards so I reckon the chances are slim to none that it will ever be properly fixed.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    For the mac air, how did you find the graphics file... i cant find it...
  • Options
    For the mac air, how did you find the graphicscard file... i cant find it...
  • Options
    guest wrote: »
    For the mac air, how did you find the graphicscard file... i cant find it...

Instructions are the same for any Mac.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Alana19Alana19 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I know this is late, but I tried all your steps nothing seemed to work. I had it working like probably like about a year ago then I had to restart my laptop and now the game wont even open its weird did I just get lucky or something. I have a macbook air 2015
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    See BlueBellFlora's comment right above yours. It provides the link for getting your game to run again.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    pretticoolpretticool Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a different problem that seems to come from the recent origin update. When I recently downloaded and installed all my sims 3 expansion packs, I get a pop up saying unknown error occurred. Also when I press the play button in origin it says download in progress but nothing ever moves. I can't even get to the game launcher. I've tried that it could be processor and I have uninstalled and reinstalled after removing caches. Any suggestions? Also during installation it says my expansion pack is incompatible with my base game. Other forums say to just continue but I wonder if that is a problem as well.
  • Options
    pretticool wrote: »
    I am having a different problem that seems to come from the recent origin update. When I recently downloaded and installed all my sims 3 expansion packs, I get a pop up saying unknown error occurred. Also when I press the play button in origin it says download in progress but nothing ever moves. I can't even get to the game launcher. I've tried that it could be processor and I have uninstalled and reinstalled after removing caches. Any suggestions? Also during installation it says my expansion pack is incompatible with my base game. Other forums say to just continue but I wonder if that is a problem as well.

Read this - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Unknown-Error-issue-in-Sims-3-please-post-here/m-p/5725514
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    enofoneenofone Posts: 1 New Member
    does it still work in 2019? or is it easier?
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @enofone The process can be easier, depending on your particular situation. There are three different fixes for the unknown error, but not everyone has to apply all three. I can write out instructions for you, if you want. Just list your Mac's specs; here's how to find them:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4756624#M4

Please also list the packs you'd like to install. And let me know whether you've already installed or uninstalled any of them.