Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camden Island, my world in progress

So I have been working on a world since last September. It was my original intention to have this world uploaded by Halloween - of last year. Then Christmas. Then Spring. Then OhMyGawdJustWheneverPleaseLetMeSeeThisThingThrough. So maybe by Halloween, of some year. I want to send kids Trick of Treating. I want to see this thing decorated for the winter holidays. I wish kids could go caroling....

The world is nearly finished. Only because it is a TINY world. A tiny, FLAT world. I am still learning the ropes of CAW and I've so much more to learn so please understand this is my first honest attempt at a world. It also is almost done only because I have chosen to leave almost every single lot undeveloped. The world will be uploaded with maybe two or three parks completed and actually installed. I am developing the lots in a save game simultaneously and I will upload those separately so if anyone wants to stick a few pre-built lots in the world that match the odd lot sizes. There will be a few community lots and a few residential lots. I don't think I will ever get every lot developed.

I've come here to share this world numerous times but get caught up reading others threads and oogling their awesome worlds and quietly close out the tab because there is just no way I can build like that. Yet. But I really do want to share, there might be someone out there who needs a tiny, flat, basic beginner world.

The pictures I am going to show are not the most recent, and they are taken in the version I put in my game to build lots with. The changes which have been made to the CAW world are only slight, however. And there have been changes to the world in the game as I work on building. But you get a pretty good idea of how the world will look with some lots in it. Not all the lots I am working on, that you will see in the pics, will be uploaded. Much will be scrapped and nothing is really 100% finished. A lot of barely begun structures and half done lots. Please look past all that to see the actual world. :)

It was my goal when I began this project to have a compact world full of sims so that the streets, the shops, the lots, the houses, the whole world would look busy and lively. I want to see wall-to-wall sims. I wanted to concentrate the entire population of a normal sized world down to a teeny sized world. So far, so good. I don't have many sims living in my build version yet but I do see a fair amount of activity. I can't wait to see what it is like with all the lots filled!!

Screenshot-343_zpsknflozbw.jpg
Arial shot of the world so you can see it in all its smallness. :)

Screenshot-347_zpsnyfzvt7f.jpg
Screenshot-346_zpsx8n8aedj.jpg
Screenshot-345_zps1afpiysx.jpg
Screenshot-349_zpscjp4yrys.jpg
Screenshot-350_zpsqu4ucj87.jpg

Views from near the cemetery.

Screenshot-356_zpswovnafht.jpg
Screenshot-358_zpspktzroje.jpg
Screenshot-392_zps9tgjf4nf.jpg
City Hall

Screenshot-360_zpsv8ipljrn.jpg

Screenshot-361_zpsngybjc8i.jpg
This area has changed a little. Not much, just reworked the community lot area there at the end with the little pier.

Screenshot-362_zps9wrkunls.jpg
I also removed the picnic tables as my sim who was across town got an ice cream cone from a truck and then took a cab all the way over here to sit at the table and eat.

Screenshot-359_zpse6clnoe3.jpg

Screenshot-364_zpswdwxwmtw.jpg

Screenshot-363_zpsoics0ewl.jpg

Screenshot-365_zpslex1lefc.jpg
This is public space with a few spawners. Just the other side of this space is a small park which will be with the world. The spaces blend together.

Screenshot-366_zpsvads6dst.jpg
And this is the park. Small.

Screenshot-368_zpsi2gguwjp.jpg
I shared this earlier, this is a WIP senior center. Two retirement homes flanking a small park.
Screenshot-367_zps57dje4x3.jpg
I have finished the retirement home since.

Screenshot-371_zpsoejovbxc.jpg
Beach area
Screenshot-373_zpsejv7xcvz.jpg
Screenshot-372_zpsncu4cxxg.jpg
Screenshot-375_zpsg3p3gkvu.jpg
Small store between the beach and a large camping area/fishing spot/park.
Screenshot-377_zpsr5patihw.jpg
Screenshot-376_zpsms2mvibj.jpg

Screenshot-370_zpsiigsswdp.jpg
A library in progress, this area will eventually be home to where I stick the educational area. The school, the library, the bookstore, a comic book store, science lab, museum maybe?

Screenshot-369_zpsag5gqgt6.jpg
For giggles. A space filler.

Screenshot-385_zpspvhmedcd.jpg

Screenshot-387_zpsdpj0tcnx.jpg

Screenshot-388_zpsh4qeztuq.jpg

Screenshot-386_zpsmjlq2aly.jpg

Screenshot-390_zpsfezips89.jpg

Screenshot-389_zpsklhevoau.jpg
This is the entrance to the campsites.

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Screenshot-393_zpsoukuxaob.jpg

Screenshot-398_zpsnlfmoh7f.jpg

Screenshot-400_zpsuadghbmt.jpg

Screenshot-394_zpsqd9ziugk.jpg

Screenshot-378_zpsysfrqrtf.jpg
    Overview of the campsite. I'm not sure if I can include this lot or not. It is pretty necessary and I worked really hard on the flow of the landscaping to blend with the areas around it, but there is a dock in there I was still working on and now EIG is giving me fits. So I don't know, might just have to add that lot separately. :(:(

Screenshot-380_zpsljccsgfb.jpg
    Public restroom at campsite.

Screenshot-383_zpssl0mekl9.jpg
    Screenshot-382_zpsywou9miz.jpg
    Screenshot-384_zps2jl9ftkb.jpg
    The campsite is loaded with chipmunks and squirrels. I also used FE to place fireflies.
    Screenshot-185_zps820676be.jpg
  • Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    Beautiful!
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    I like your attention to detail. Looks like a lovely world.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Looks great! :)
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Looks AMAZING! :) And dumb question, but how are you building this world? Sorry if you had that some where up there, my computer keeps spazzing out so I can't really scroll through your original post, I can only see some of the pictures.
    giphy.gif
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Stunning! I really like how much effort there's put into the smaller details.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »
    Looks AMAZING! :) And dumb question, but how are you building this world? Sorry if you had that some where up there, my computer keeps spazzing out so I can't really scroll through your original post, I can only see some of the pictures.
    The CAW tool. You can download it on TS3 website. :)
    Thanks! :D

There are roughly 70 lots in this world, half residential and half community. Of course that can be changed in the game easy enough. There aren't a lot of places left to place a decent sized lot, if you like large lots, this isn't the kind of world for that. That bothers even me sometimes as I have lots already made I'd love to put in here but the lot sizes aren't right so it's all new stuff to build for me. I've been playtesting for some time now, with lots of horses and deer. They tend to follow paths quite well!
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    This looks great, @Jessa_Dakkar. Smaller worlds are definitely easier to play! And I admire your commitment to it because I know it takes a ton of patience and attention to detail.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    I would definitely download this world! I could use something small and relatively flat and your attention to detail is good. I really like the beach accesses that look like natural boat launches! Very nice!
    Thanks! :D I'm still plugging away at this, it has to be almost finished, lol. I've even got all the streets named now. I probably would have gotten it done a while ago but for the copy of the world I am playing with testing it out - I can't help but build things for it and occasionally jump into CAS to make some residents. 17mars, you are more than welcome to it, just know that it wont come with a bunch of finished lots. They will be available separately. Well, a few of them anyhow.
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    Omg I love this world, I hate large worlds because of lag etc, but this what more can I say, I cannot wait until this is done and dusted, been looking for one like this for a while. I build my own lots to so I can see where your coming from lol, have to remember to bookmark this page.
    I'm defo looking forward to this world, it's awesome, good job.
    Thank you so much, @midge719! I look forward to seeing how you make it your own with your personal style! :D
    Really looking forward to the release of this beautiful world
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ooh, this is really gorgeous Jessa. The screens are beautiful ! Can't wait to see the finished version. The picture with the little jetty at the end of the road is my favourite. There is a little jetty like that just down the road from my house, though yours is prettier with the flowers.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Any news on an update/release? , truly looking forward to this world so much
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    l love this!

Question, is there any changes you made to the lighting? The lighting reminds me of the Sims 4. So much better than Vanilla Sims 3, (unless it came with one of the EP's?)
    @jackjack_k Thanks! Yes, I do use a lighting mod for my world and three of EA's worlds. Sunset Valley, Riverview and Barnacle Bay. I also use a lighting mod for TS2, makes it look and feel so much better to me. I do like that EA's later worlds came with custom lighting, some of them are really unique.

I guess I gave up totally finishing my world but it is up for download in my studio.

I have been busy finishing that fishing spot and working on a few other lots. Having a lot of fun playing with the festival lot and setting other lots to change with the seasons. :) That will be a long project, though.

Here are few pictures of the fishing/camping spot as it is now. There isn't much left I want to do with it, it is working out pretty well with the exception of in the winter I had a sim who when he went ice skating would first skate down below the ice then back up. Weird, don't know why. His brother didn't do that.

Screenshot-559_zpscyevdjwy.jpg

Screenshot-560_zpsi5tjbuiy.jpg

I added lighting near the pond's edge around the rocks and greenery so it gives it a little more depth and definition during the night time hours.

Screenshot-568_zpswtkfzx7t.jpg

and a few more pictures taken this afternoon at the fishing hole, with people playing horseshoes, eating hotdogs, fishing and hanging out. :)

Screenshot-572_zpsz7tzuskf.jpg

Screenshot-567_zps01ly81a9.jpg

Screenshot-563_zpsldla13sk.jpg
    There are a lot of chipmunks and squirrels on this lot. At one point when I was building it, the lot was residential and it was fall. There were a lot of leaf piles. I decided to keep the little critters on the lot after getting rid of the leaves. Though, sometimes all sims want to do is watch them. Even a local dog is very interested.

Screenshot-555_zpspzgb7zni.jpg

Here is a little house with a nautical feel to it, it will be a nice place to stick my fishermen sims :) There is another property across the street that I haven't developed yet and a small community lot right there at the end of this short road which will be a pier for fishing in the ocean. There are some pathways behind the house you see that lead to the shore and there are fish to be caught there.

Screenshot-552_zps4rpyrrpp.jpg
    I haven't decided what this little park is going to be, originally it was a small park to play Gnubb. It might be again.

Screenshot-554_zpseja6qfjg.jpg
    The local laundromat, with a mid-century modern theme.

Screenshot-551_zpsrctxkdoz.jpg
    And the gym. When I place it in a premade world it gets a lot of action. However, my world is only slightly populated now - only a few families so far, so it sees less action than usual. I expect this will change when I get to populating the world.

Screenshot-556_zpsp3t1yjl0.jpg

This is a strip of tiny starter homes with mostly unfinished interiors, for the sim just starting out. If you like plywood flooring and open framed walls, these might be your kinda thing.

Screenshot-550_zps16yk0lwv.jpg
    This is a home on the first road I made in the world. There are only two homes on this road but there will be plenty more. Hopefully by Halloween so there will be a lot of homes to go Trick or Treating at!

Screenshot-549_zpsfkgycryo.jpg
    A small family park. Had some drama there the other day with the wife of the town's mayor and their maid. XD

Screenshot-547_zpspvzee5cj.jpg
    I think the rocks around the fishing pond look pretty nice. :)

I will post later with more pics of other things in this world. :) I'll also be uploading the lots that I make for the world in case anyone would like them.
  • Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    Wow! This gets more beautiful with every update!
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    looks like a fun little island for sure great attention to detail?
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
    looks like a fun little island for sure great attention to detail?

Thanks :) It's fun to play, probably too small for most people though. Maybe good for a challenge or something.
  • poodleponchopoodleponcho Posts: 48 Member
    This is such a pretty place! So much detail! :)
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    This looks great! Are you testing yet or still building?
    Thanks :) Due to the fact that EIG no longer works for me, I've decided that world itself is done. I did upload an in-progress version to my studio but in all honesty that is probably as far as it will go. I have been playing the world for about six month now, developing both the lots and the community. I planned to upload the lots to the exchange for anyone who might like them, but then the exchange went down around Christmas, not sure of its status. If it is functional again I might just go ahead and upload what lots I have done. This time around in my game, as opposed to when I uploaded stuff in the past, I am using CC and CC will be included with my uploads. As far as the world itself, it seems to function great. It must be noted that the world was created with all EP's and a bunch of store stuff - lots of plants, like from Aurora Skies.

I'm thinking at some point when I do develop enough of the world I am currently playing, I will upload that version with everything. But that might be a while. :)