Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know...

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
If the Adult jobs are related to certain days of the week?...Like say on Sunday will I only find Education, Paranormal, Law Enforcement, and Dance available that day?

I'm asking because I have this sim who wants to join the Music Career. He's gone to university and completed his degree now I just have to wait for the job to appear but I've yet to see it so I'm wondering if the jobs were set to show on certain days of the week.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

No, they're not tied to a certain day. They're kinda random and it can take a long time for them to show up. There is a cheat for it...
    I believe it's with the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true code and right click on the paper. But it's been a while for me.

Here are some more codes:
    http://snootysims.com/thesims2index.php?id=cheats

Don't forget to turn off the testing code. :)
  • Options
    I know of the cheat but if it's used they don't get the higher pay benefit from going to Uni and I didn't want the time spent at Uni to seem like a waste by using the cheat LOL...oh well guess I just have to wait for it.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I found a mod for it a while back.. (sorry, no link) I had no clue that cheat existed.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2015
    There is a wonderful mod at MTS called the job notice board that lets you pick any job in the game, and yes you will get the boost from Uni with it. I use it in my game and it works great. I can't play without it, to be honest.

ETA that it also works for teen and elder careers, as well as pet jobs if you have Pets.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @slynnski oh I'll go give it a try :) Thank you :)

I found the mod and stuck it in-game but it doesn't seem to be appearing...do you install a mod the same way you do CC?
    Post edited by cmbaker16 on
  • Options
    Yeah, in the downloads folder. In buy mode, it is under decorations, miscellaneous.
  • Options
    I got it to appear, I felt like such a doofus when I discovered why LOL
  • Options
    Why, what were you doing wrong? Just curious, I promise not to laugh. XD
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    It's random. I usually gave it a week, then boolpropped it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    slynnski wrote: »

Well after I placed it in downloads I loaded the game up, got the message about enabling the custom content and went ahead to load up the neighborhood I'm playing in went to look for the item and couldn't find it...well it turns out after telling the game to enable the custom content I was suppose to quit the game and reload it LOL.

but the Bluewater Real Estate Office is now the Bluewater Unemployment Center :D
  • Options
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    slynnski wrote: »

Well after I placed it in downloads I loaded the game up, got the message about enabling the custom content and went ahead to load up the neighborhood I'm playing in went to look for the item and couldn't find it...well it turns out after telling the game to enable the custom content I was suppose to quit the game and reload it LOL.

but the Bluewater Real Estate Office is now the Bluewater Unemployment Center :D

Ahhh, I see. Yeah it is annoying that you have to restart the first time. And, I only use the board in my sims' homes. I just buy it when they need a job, then delete it right away. XD
  • Options
    well I'm rotating around as I'm playing in Desiderata Valley...and my family has branched out so I thought it be nice to have a place I could send them when they graduate uni lol
  • Options
    Good idea!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    It's random. I usually gave it a week, then boolpropped it.

This... But I only last about 3 sim days lol

--T