Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 vs The Sims 4

FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims (2000)
I have been playing The Sims 1 lately, and I have found it much more enjoyable than The Sims 4.
I'm happy that the sims actually react to cheating. If one sim cheats on the other, their partner will slap that sim. Meanwhile in The Sims 4, my sims don't react. If a sim dies the sims will react too. Plus I have terrain tools so I can change the terrain of my sims house. Plus my sims get to use dishwashers! and my sims actually get into a car to go to work instead of vanishing into oblivion! My sims can also call the police,firefighter or repairman if they are in trouble instead of having to sort it out themselves.

Does anyone remember these creepy phone calls too?

rMlGCgE_zpsdljokcwk.png
\cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
Post edited by Fleurkween on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Oh I love the reactions to when one sims catches the other cheating. Here's from TS2.
    11218893_470193853130915_395926875624806668_n.jpg?oh=63b86f012fd2c16618a8aecd219064c3&oe=563094C7
    He did slap her, but then she broke up with him right away, and this was his reaction.
    11218893_470193856464248_7723671747125051892_n.jpg?oh=9fb10d53d80fc0c79570b1243aca0c67&oe=5626F5D5
    And their reactions to when they get robbed, which NEVER happens in TS4. Because there are no robbers, and yes I do miss those guys, because as weird as it sounds I've had a couple of sims snag those guys as future husbands in TS3.
    10411998_470188996464734_1705860445087558460_n.jpg?oh=3c9acd59f1281e11e8df1313f32c5ee1&oe=56291A89

I don't have TS1 any more, lost them a long time ago. :(
  • emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    @Fleurkween I do remember getting those creepy phone calls, but I don't remember what happened afterwards. Did anything happen to the sims, or was it just a creepy easter egg that didn't actually have any consequences?
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @emyprice95
    I remember getting a warning not to build - but since my Sim had earned some dosh it was time to improve the house/furnishings.
    No sooner had I added another room, when the sink flooded in the kitchen and his TV broke.
    So maybe take heed! ;)
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    Those phone calls were creepy.
    & remember the genie lamp? he usually wasn't much help when my sims wished for things haha. :D
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I remember those creepy phone calls really well. I actually believed them at first! :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    I loved the Creepy Phone Calls :)
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I started playing The Sims at my friend's who lived in another state of Australia. I played The Sims 1 for a while there, but me and my Mum got back to where we live, and I asked my Mum if she had The Sims she said no but she had The Sims 2 that someone loaned her to install and she had Family Fun Stuff, I got The Sims 3 and loved it, I got The Sims 4 and I feel like it tries to morph some things of The Sims 1 and 2 together with some new things and Sims 3 elements, The Sims 4 is amazing, but I played The Sims 1, that long ago (2008) that I cant say which is better
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Sims 1 has some features that haven't been added to Sims 4 yet, mostly from expansion packs. Makin Magic was my favorite expansion pack in Sims 1, with Superstar second. I remember the freaky phone calls, at first I thought they would do something, but they never did (except for the ones where you won money just for answering the phone). One major difference between Sims 1 and Sims 4 is that each expansion pack added a whole lot to the game, not just one or two major features, but a set of major features. I miss that too. I haven't played Sims 1 in several months because my laptop is on my desk covered in a mound of papers (time to clear those off when I have some spare time). Same with Sims 2 - it is installed on my laptop. The thing I miss most about Sims 1 though was how easy it was to create custom content (especially objects) for it. With the Transmogrifier, all you needed was the right scale picture with an object facing 4 different ways, and you could create any object (but it had to be a clone of an existing object).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • ANIMALSadorerANIMALSadorer Posts: 56 Member
    I preferred The Sims 1.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I preferred The Sims 1.

Me too, I miss the creepy calls and dark humor of the sims 1. The first years were exciting, because it was a new gaming concept (a life simulator.) Now the sims 4 are kinda meh. Waterslides, birds, lemonade and taking your sims to a restaurant where they end up wasting 8 sim hours, are the thing nowadays. Which is not exciting at all. Yes I get the game runs smooth on most computers, but that's not a valid excuse for this thing called "the sims 4". :|
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I play both. The one thing I will say about the Sims 1 is (for me anyway) it can pull you in. I started the sims one last night whilst waiting for the sims 4 game to repair. In ten minutes real life time the Goths adopted a baby, Mortimer started a kitchen fire, Cassandra stopped panicking long enough to phone the fire brigade whilst the baby was hysterical in the Background. The Grim Reaper showed up to take Mortimer but Bella pleaded for his life, the Reaper turned Mortimer into a zombie. The tragic clown then appeared. The baby was removed for being neglected.

After a few days he eventually left, a burglar then showed up to steal the brand new cooker!

It got me thinking though. All of the above happened within three sim days. It made me realise that actually very little "drama" to want for a better word occurs in the sims 4. I rarely get sims starting fires and I've never had a sims 4 baby removed. I really miss the firefighter NPC and the burglar. In general I think the sims 4 is just too happy. No one wants a life simulator that is all doom and gloom but the only drama that occurs in my sims 4 game is situations I start.

I've realised and playing the sims 1 again confirmed it, that playing the sims one (and two) actually requires you too play and take care of your sims as the game does throw curve balls at you. When I play the sims 4, i feel I can load the game, sit back and just watch. The Sims will take care of themselves. I could walk away and leave the game running and the sims 4 sims will still be living when I get back, they may just have forgotten they are married in that time.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I play both. The one thing I will say about the Sims 1 is (for me anyway) it can pull you in. I started the sims one last night whilst waiting for the sims 4 game to repair. In ten minutes real life time the Goths adopted a baby, Mortimer started a kitchen fire, Cassandra stopped panicking long enough to phone the fire brigade whilst the baby was hysterical in the Background. The Grim Reaper showed up to take Mortimer but Bella pleaded for his life, the Reaper turned Mortimer into a zombie. The tragic clown then appeared. The baby was removed for being neglected.

After a few days he eventually left, a burglar then showed up to steal the brand new cooker!

It got me thinking though. All of the above happened within three sim days. It made me realise that actually very little "drama" to want for a better word occurs in the sims 4. I rarely get sims starting fires and I've never had a sims 4 baby removed. I really miss the firefighter NPC and the burglar. In general I think the sims 4 is just too happy. No one wants a life simulator that is all doom and gloom but the only drama that occurs in my sims 4 game is situations I start.

I've realized and playing the sims 1 again confirmed it, that playing the sims one (and two) actually requires you too play and take care of your sims as the game does throw curve balls at you. When I play the sims 4, i feel I can load the game, sit back and just watch. The Sims will take care of themselves. I could walk away and leave the game running and the sims 4 sims will still be living when I get back, they may just have forgotten they are married in that time.

I recently gave up on The Sims 4 to call it quits and returned to The Sims 2. It's quite ironic how my Sims have more feeling and reactions in The Sims 2 then the Sims 4 for example because of the turn ons and off feature there is this one girl at the campus dormitory who always acts disgusted when walking near my Sim with x's flying around her cause she's not even remotely attracted to him. She does this all the time to the point where I can't wait to make her feel uncomfortable! The Sims 4 focuses on a broad area while The Sims 2 focuses on the little moments like how you feel about a person after an argument or a conversation! Sims literally crying on and off for a day or two because they got robbed! I enjoy the little moments. The Sims 4 just doesn't cut it with small moments. Sims in The Sims 4 are "not together" they don't cuddle when sleeping in bed at night if anything there actually separated, they don't even dance together just next to each other. Sigh...I truly do feel a lot of small things were simply overlooked to meet a rushed deadline and that brings down the quality of a product pretty badly even with the positives ...
  • RadBagelRadBagel Posts: 5 New Member
    The Sims 1.
    TS4 is lacking too much to be considered a game.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »

I've realized and playing the sims 1 again confirmed it, that playing the sims one (and two) actually requires you too play and take care of your sims as the game does throw curve balls at you. When I play the sims 4, i feel I can load the game, sit back and just watch. The Sims will take care of themselves. I could walk away and leave the game running and the sims 4 sims will still be living when I get back, they may just have forgotten they are married in that time.

I recently gave up on The Sims 4 to call it quits and returned to The Sims 2. It's quite ironic how my Sims have more feeling and reactions in The Sims 2 then the Sims 4 for example because of the turn ons and off feature there is this one girl at the campus dormitory who always acts disgusted when walking near my Sim with x's flying around her cause she's not even remotely attracted to him. She does this all the time to the point where I can't wait to make her feel uncomfortable! The Sims 4 focuses on a broad area while The Sims 2 focuses on the little moments like how you feel about a person after an argument or a conversation! Sims literally crying on and off for a day or two because they got robbed! I enjoy the little moments. The Sims 4 just doesn't cut it with small moments. Sims in The Sims 4 are "not together" they don't cuddle when sleeping in bed at night if anything there actually separated, they don't even dance together just next to each other. Sigh...I truly do feel a lot of small things were simply overlooked to meet a rushed deadline and that brings down the quality of a product pretty badly even with the positives ...

I completely agree!

That's why The sims 2 is my favourite if the sims series, it has me believing my sims care about each other, I don't even feel that way about the sims 3 and 4.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Sims 1 is the hardest - it's full of drama and it's sometimes impossible to keep your Sim happy. I think for some people it got TOO frustrating. (Expecially the Tragic Clown, and how easy it is to lose your kids!)
    I think it had the most charm, and I loved the dark humour. And the silly chance phone calls (like getting 1000 Simoleons because you won a dog-naming contest).
    I think subsequent games took away some of the silliness and some of the darkness - in subsequent games it was harder and harder for your Sim to die, a lot of things that were frustrating were taken away (without the realisation that 'frustrating' is just another way of saying 'challenging' in many cases). I'm not saying that subsequent games didn't add a lot of things either - it's always been a trade-off. But I actually still played Sims 1 until recently, and it always strikes me how difficult it is to keep your Sims happy and get them to the top level of their career. It does mean the reward is greater when you do get there, though...
  • CoffeeShopLoveCoffeeShopLove Posts: 14 New Member
    I so wish there was a way for me to play TS1 on my modern mac. I grew up playing the GBA versions of the sims, but have never played the original pc/mac version. I now have TS2, TS3 and TS4, and my longing to play the original TS1 is so strong it hurts :s:'(
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    @emyprice95
    I remember getting a warning not to build - but since my Sim had earned some dosh it was time to improve the house/furnishings.
    No sooner had I added another room, when the sink flooded in the kitchen and his TV broke.
    So maybe take heed! ;)

Conversely if you get a promotion and you use the money to boost the environment score in one of the rooms you usually get a call straight after awarding you a cash prize from one of the neighborhood associations.
  • Big_Boy_Bmw760LiBig_Boy_Bmw760Li Posts: 93 Member
    Never played sims 1. Should I get it?
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    The Sims original without any doubt. It has a lot of cons but it's funnier.I would love to play it back if my vista could run it.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Big_Boy_Bmw760Li
    TS1 doesn't run on win10
    you have to use a hack to make it playable

other than that
    if you like pixelated games then it's a must
    if you prefer smoother graphics over unique gameplay, then stay with the newer games
    if you dislike hard games to play, stay away from TS1, it's the hardest to play sims game

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    @Big_Boy_Bmw760Li
    TS1 doesn't run on win10

other than that
    if you prefer smoother graphics over unique gameplay, then stay with the newer games
    if you dislike hard games to play, stay away from TS1, it's the hardest to play sims game

The Sims 1 runs fine on my Win10 laptop, no hack needed. How is TS1 hard???
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    the sims 1 B) and the three PS2 games made for the sims 1 B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    @Big_Boy_Bmw760Li
    TS1 doesn't run on win10

other than that

The Sims 1 runs fine on my Win10 laptop, no hack needed. How is TS1 hard???

agree

the sims 1 is easy lol
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    edited November 2016
    Well, Sims 1 was the first version and it was hard to some players. When it first came out, I was a little kid in real life. I could barely figure out how to build a lot. I usually just threw a bunch of random furniture outside. lol

It had some issues.. I think Sims 2 was perfect and had the best balance. Sims 3 and 4 are too easy and their needs decay too slow.

I had sims die too easily at times.. Their careers were a lot more demanding and if the kids did not get good grades, they would have to go to military school.. When I first started playing, I could not figure out how to get my sim out of the pool and he missed his first day of work and wound up drowning.

It seems like every new sim was a fire hazard.. They had to be very careful cooking for the first time, because it was very high chance they would start one on the lot. I remember getting so freaked out when one died for the first time and the grim reaper showed up. I was so scared, I wound up saving and exiting a lot when bad things happen. [Maybe it didn't occur to me I could just exit WITHOUT saving...] I never got to play that family again, but I would see them show up on lots of other families. Oh, hey, I remember you. How's it going? Last I saw you, you were dancing in front of the fire...

Their relationships would go down wayyyy too fast if they did not constantly socialize. If my sim was very busy and I sent him to bed with his wife that night, sometimes he would freak out and refuse to join her as though they were strangers. Also if your sims had a baby, they could easily be taken away. I didn't even know it was possible for them to grow up. I always thought they were stuck objects forever, because I never successfully raised one the full 72 sim hours.

They aren't like Sims 4 where a fire is extremely rare and if it does happen, they all have a fire extinguishers randomly materialize out of nowhere and are equipped to act like firefighters themselves. They couldn't just reach into their inventory and pull out some nonexistent food when they were about to starve to death.

Some of the silly more annoying things were how they would freak out on unrouteable terrain or panic if a book was in there way... They could not step over it or think of picking it up first. Well, it may have been weird, but it paved the way for future iterations we have to this day.. Hehe.

At least compared to Sims 3 and 4, it was hard.... Sometimes, it could be very frustrating. I know a really funny definition that captures the hardships perfectly, but I probably shouldn't share it just because it's on a more risque site. xD
  • MarcustzbMarcustzb Posts: 140 Member
    Don't forget about skydiving simulator... Lol
    Find me via Origin, Search by my name from my profile :)