The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins not looking alike as teens? Has anyone else had this problem?

AkiraAnubiseAkiraAnubise Posts: 240 Member
Well i'm doing the 100 baby challange with a male 'mother'. His first set were twin boys and the second time was twin girls. Anyways the boys were at the age to become teens, so i aged them up. As childern the oldest had a shade lighter hair then his dark brown haired brother. But as teens the oldest Ezra had white hair and purple eyes and his youngest twin Enzo had his fathers black hair and green eyes. Now the mother salem has white hair, but has pale blue eyes?

Anyways has anyone else have this problem with twins. I thought they were meant to look the same?

Since i can't post pictures

Salem: White hair and blue eyes 'mother'
J huntington II: brown hair and brown eyes.

Twin set 1 (huntington sons)
Ezra: White hair and purple eyes
Enzo: dark brown hair 'almost black' and green eyes

twin set 2 (father had brown hair and brown eyes)
Angelica: Brown hair and green eyes
Crystal: Brown hair and hazel eyes

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I'm not sure why their hair and eye color would change between child and teen, unless you are using custom hair colors and eye colors that may not exist at the child level.

That said, I have yet to have a pair of identical twins. It can happen, but I'm not sure what the odds are.
  • Options
    I used custom content for Salem. And i do have recolor of base came hairs. I may have to wait for the girls to grow up to see if they will look the same.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Anyways has anyone else have this problem with twins. I thought they were meant to look the same?
    Ah, but I think there are like two types of twins in real life - standard twins and identical twins, so I guess it is accounting for both.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    CC hair and eyes can affect color outcomes. Also, for maxis non natural colors, children cannot have them but may switch to them when becoming teens.

As for not looking alike, there are fraternal and identical twins. Just because they are the same gender does not mean they have to be identical.
  • Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    CC Just kills genetics. Especially if you have like 20 default replacements like me
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2015
    They're c
    plopppo wrote: »
    Ah, but I think there are like two types of twins in real life - standard twins and identical twins, so I guess it is accounting for both.

They are called fraternal and maternal twins.

Fraternal twins twins are when the mother produces two eggs. These twins can look and behave as different as any brother and/or sister.

Maternal twins are when the mother's egg splits in two after conception. These twins are identical in appearance, but rarely in attitude.

Ive noticed the game does appear to account for both types. I've had both identical twins (maternal), and twins that resulted in one boy and one girl (fraternal). But I haven't had any that were the same sex that appeared fraternal yet.

Just a little trivia I thought some might find interesting.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    not all twins come out identical, also mods will affect your problem.

also if you upload your picture to tinypic and then post the link here with out the 'http://'
    we can just copy the link into our url and add the http://
    i've seen that done, usually another simmer will then upload the pic for you :)
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    well if anyone wants to see them

Salem 'Mother'
    i61.tinypic.com/2646mua.jpg

Enzo (youngest twin)
    i57.tinypic.com/2qjvq4j.jpg

Ezra
    i60.tinypic.com/2mxg55v.jpg

the girls came out looking like each other when aged

Angelica
    i58.tinypic.com/2nk0tx5.jpg

Crystal
    i61.tinypic.com/wklr3o.jpg

these are them as childern

twin boys
    i60.tinypic.com/6rlv9j.jpg

all four together
    58.tinypic.com/14xz2mr.jpg

the last picture shows both the girl stayed the same with only the twin boys changing. Though one of the twins girl changed her eye color to match her papa.
  • Options
    i will post them for u :)
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    > @ambrown said:
    > i will post them for u :)
    Thank you. :)
  • Options
    2646mua.jpg
    2qjvq4j.jpg
    2mxg55v.jpg
    2nk0tx5.jpg
    wklr3o.jpg
    6rlv9j.jpg

the last one wasn't working :(

you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,085 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    That would be fraternal twins and identical twins. For the record, fraternal twins can be of the same gender, like my great-grandmother and her twin sister. They don't look any more alike than singleton siblings.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    ambrown wrote: »
    2646mua.jpg
    2qjvq4j.jpg
    2mxg55v.jpg
    2nk0tx5.jpg
    wklr3o.jpg
    6rlv9j.jpg

the last one wasn't working :(

Your CC looks like a K-Pop star's dreams XD
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • Options
    > @MaroonPants said:
    > ambrown wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >