Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    I love the Lollipop Lair, even if it had some bad things in it at one point in time. There's been more families in it now, and so much love!

Seraphina kind of worries me with how bossy and competitive she is, lord knows she'd make an excellent lawyer :D I always wanted to ask this but how do you choose your heirs for the generation?
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited May 2016
    Love the Lollipop lair! Will always have a special place in my heart <3
    I wonder what the sibling rivalry will bring in the future :flushed:

@Sterretjeee Same here! I was gonna build them a new family home, but i didn't really feel like it and then I realised the lair was empty, so it worked out perfectly :) I find the sibling rivalry quite interesting, haven't had much of that in the past (then again, only three other generations of previous Bloomer heirs actually had siblings - I rarely play bigger families)
    Marialein wrote: »
    Ahh what about your banner? I am so curios what that is …
    That family is so cute with all the kids. Only the troublemaker makes me worried :/

@Marialein Still a while till we get to see that; it will appear in three chapters from now to be exact. I really like all three of the updates that are about to come out over the course next week (if I may say so myself haha!). I had a lot of fun with them - though not all of them are necessarily happy.

I do think the kids are really cute, can't wait to see what they look like as teens (I don't know myself yet either!)
    Wonderful house <3 I'm sure they all will be happy in their new home, but Seraphine... This girl will show what she can :/ But let's hope she'll change a bit when she'll grow up older ;)

@roseinblack69 She's a bit on the competitive side, but we'll have to wait and see if that develops into anything much as she grows up. I think it's fairly innocent at this point (though I also think she is a bit spoiled)
    I love the Lollipop Lair, even if it had some bad things in it at one point in time. There's been more families in it now, and so much love!

Seraphina kind of worries me with how bossy and competitive she is, lord knows she'd make an excellent lawyer :D I always wanted to ask this but how do you choose your heirs for the generation?

@iheartdinosx3 I think she seems to need constant validation, proving to herself that she's better than her siblings. She probably feels threatened. Will be interesting to watch her as she grows - at least that's what I'm thinking now, none of the lids have turned into teens in my game yet.

As for the heir, since this is a Build Newcrest challenge I just go with whoever suits the generational task best. For example, I picked Booker as the generation 4 heir because he seemed like the best fit to build a gym, even though I much preferred both Yenn and Chell. Mind you, strictly speaking generation 8 should have been a comedian, but Pauline was always a musician so I tweaked that one. I figured it's still the entertainer career anyway. She will be building the community lot she is supposed to build though. As for generation 9... I may or may not adjust the task a bit too. We'll see.
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    One can never see enough of the good old Lollipo Lair. All those sweet memories it brings. :lol:

I love the way you write the kids. Seraphina is no longer a princess, she's the queen now. :smiley:

I'm curious about your new banner too. Are you going to have a fairy tale generation?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    One can never see enough of the good old Lollipo Lair. All those sweet memories it brings. :lol:

I love the way you write the kids. Seraphina is no longer a princess, she's the queen now. :smiley:

I'm curious about your new banner too. Are you going to have a fairy tale generation?

That's a good way of putting it. Seraphina sure is a queen! :D

Not a whole generation, no. But there will be a bit of a fairytale chapter in very near future. It will make sense when we get to it, I promise :)
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I loved seeing lollipop lair again :) It sure has changed. And Despite its past I am sure Pauline Leo and the kids will turn it into a great family home :) and uh oh I sense sibling rivlary therr with seraphina. I have The feeling that the other two are Teaming up while she stays "alone" :(
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    @ThePlumbob in that one picture where a police officer is arresting Yenn's mother, did you use pose player? And for Yen's Mother in that picture if you do use pose player what pose did you use?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob in that one picture where a police officer is arresting Yenn's mother, did you use pose player? And for Yen's Mother in that picture if you do use pose player what pose did you use?

@MadameLee No, I've never used pose player in my life and have no idea how it works :D I did write an entire post about how that whole storylie was executed here. Sorry it's quite a lengthy one but it should answer it all!
    thanks for that I booked marked it since I might need to use it for my own use later in my own legacy..
    6adMCGP.gif
    thanks for that I booked marked it since I might need to use it for my own use later in my own legacy..

Happy to help :)
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I loved seeing lollipop lair again :) It sure has changed. And Despite its past I am sure Pauline Leo and the kids will turn it into a great family home :) and uh oh I sense sibling rivlary therr with seraphina. I have The feeling that the other two are Teaming up while she stays "alone" :(

@Julyvee94 Just realised I completely missed your insightful comment! That's a really good observation about the kids, yes Seraphina might be creating a bit of a barrier between herself and her siblings, which may not work out in her favour in the long run. We'll see...
    I've finally gotten around to writing my Spirit Animal Award post, you can read this here. Thanks again for the nominations @eXokamikaze , @Derubelle and @JoieWilder - I loved learning more about you from your posts!

I nominate @aroseinbloom , @sabreene (who is a bit MIA now, but it's here for you when you're back in simland <3 ), @Jes2G , @ra3rei , @OhRenSims , @Sterretjeee , @pammiechick , @Maladi777 , @Zoey95 & @CathyTea (and yeah, most of this lot have been nominated already... doesn't mean they don't deserve to add an extra nomination into the mix :))
    The family reunites for a joyous occasion, and we get to know the Bloomer siblings a bit better.

8.31 Princess

29N2TUY.jpg?1
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Seraphina scares me :#
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    I hope Seraphina can develop a better attitude as she gets older, then maybe I'll want her as the heir. Right now Carly is my favorite
    Is it just me or do a lot of Sim lit have a character happen to be an Aunt to (next Gen) be the same age as the children of (next Gen)?
    6adMCGP.gif

@roseinblack69 Lol! I promise she's not pure evil... At least I hope not haha.
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    I hope Seraphina can develop a better attitude as she gets older, then maybe I'll want her as the heir. Right now Carly is my favorite

@Ruby10990 Let's hope she'll ne watered down a bit as she grows, heh. Carly is a sweetheart :)
    Is it just me or do a lot of Sim lit have a character happen to be an Aunt to (next Gen) be the same age as the children of (next Gen)?

@MadameLee No idea, I can only think of one off the top of my head. Mind you Hallie wasn't planned on my part, she's just a product of MC Command Centre :)
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

@roseinblack69 Lol! I promise she's not pure evil... At least I hope not haha.

@Ruby10990 Let's hope she'll ne watered down a bit as she grows, heh. Carly is a sweetheart :)

@MadameLee No idea, I can only think of one off the top of my head. Mind you Hallie wasn't planned on my part, she's just a product of MC Command Centre :)

I was thinking of Citizen's Ashes to Ashes story since Gen 4's Aunt Clara (?) is the same age as the Joyce and her brother
    6adMCGP.gif
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Lol! I promise she's not pure evil... At least I hope not haha.

Let's hope she'll ne watered down a bit as she grows, heh. Carly is a sweetheart :)

I was thinking of Citizen's Ashes to Ashes story since Gen 4's Aunt Clara (?) is the same age as the Joyce and her brother

Yeah that's the one I'm aware of. There might be more out there of course! Hallie just happened to be born around the same time as the other kids. I was quite surprised to be honest, since her parents were like a day from becoming elders.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @MadameLee , That happened in my legacy, but only once. And I blame the aliens who abducted my elder....i had no idea elder male sims could become pregnant.

But it is easy to happen in TS4 with the baby to kid jump.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Seraphina cracks me up...I wonder what she's going to be like as an adult. She's comic relief now...I found the ghost's response to her refreshing!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited May 2016
    It's so cool to see them all back at the Lollipop Lair! They were all so happy walking through the house, too!

Also.... Hallie! She is SO cute! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm guessing Seraphina has the mean trait. So I don't expect much of a change of her attitute in the future. Which sounds fun. :smile:

Oh, and thanks for the nomination for Spirit Animal Award, @ThePlumbob !
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Hallie is super adorable! She reminds me of Peyton in her behaviour :lol:
    And Seraphina.... I hope when she grows older, she'll grow wiser too. I think she's funny though :D

Thank you so much for nominating me! I think that's so super sweet <3
    Seraphina cracks me up...I wonder what she's going to be like as an adult. She's comic relief now...I found the ghost's response to her refreshing!

@pammiechick Yeah will interesting to see how she evolves when more traits come into play. I quite like her though, since she's not cookie-cutter haha!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    It's so cool to see them all back at the Lollipop Lair! They were all so happy walking through the house, too!

Also.... Hallie! She is SO cute! :)

@CathyTea Hallie is adorable. She looks so much like her parents! And I always love returning to the lair. The family seems to be enjoying it so far :)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Seraphina has the mean trait. So I don't expect much of a change of her attitute in the future. Which sounds fun. :smile:

Oh, and thanks for the nomination for Spirit Animal Award, @ThePlumbob !

@Maladi777 She does have the mean trait (and Carly has the good trait, hence why the clash so much!). That doesn't necessarily mean she'll always be awful and only awful though, Isaac turned out pretty great in Gen 2 and he was mean. I think he's my all time favourite heir from my legacy, so I might be biased towards mean sims haha! And you're welcome, you deserve it :)
    Hallie is super adorable! She reminds me of Peyton in her behaviour :lol:
    And Seraphina.... I hope when she grows older, she'll grow wiser too. I think she's funny though :D

Thank you so much for nominating me! I think that's so super sweet <3

@Sterretjeee She is a fair bit like Peyton, now that you point it out. Makes sense since they were raised by the same people (and bith had outgoing as their first trait :)) as for Seraphina, only time can tell haha! And no need to thank me :) I look forward to reading your post :)
    edited May 2016
    I decided to post this one today, since Peyton's wedding is more of a two-parter... Let's see what else the kids got up to!

8.32 Bad Luck

L2dl3c5.jpg