Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy trick: How to add objects in the neighborhoods OUT OF ANY LOT working 100% NO MODS :D *UPDATED

12346...Next

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    This works in San Myshuno too by the way.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    This is so CLEVER! Thanks for this :)
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Now this is very funny ROFL. As soon as I used the the bench for hat the lazy crowd took advantage :D

20sulie.png

Off topic but where did you get that terrain replacement?
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    They seriously need to give us an official way to edit public spaces.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I cant get this to work in my game. I took Mortimer to an empty lot, typed in the cheat, the buy mode was there and I picked an easel, but there was no Set as head, and I took him to a park pressed the alt key and still no set as head for the bench.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    You have to be in live mode to be able to select 'Set as head'.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Thanks. It is useful. I hope this won't result in bugs or something!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    You have to be in live mode to be able to select 'Set as head'.

I was in live mode the only option was to paint on the easel.
    @feetinstockings You need to hold shift and click the easel at the same time.
  • LiquidsatinLiquidsatin Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks sooo much I can finally have buskers around town.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Is it possible to move the object again if you place it in the wrong place ?
  • JamesMarieJamesMarie Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm super excited to use this! I have a sim artist who lives near the docks and has trees/wooded areas around her house/the lot itself and she's maxed out in painting trees and flowers but cant paint the water/dock area...I was horrified to realize that I couldn't put an easel in her inventory(even the two easels that have "light weight" in their descriptions as I thought that would mean able to carry but nope!) I tend not to use set as head so I would have never figured this out!!! Thanks a bunch!
  • shedeviledeggshedeviledegg Posts: 39 Member
    This is perfect for those huge, empty, ugly, non-lots in Newcrest. I will be plopping down some chess tables. Thank you!!
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Dont forget weerbesu's updated script if you end up with something you didnt want somewhere. You just unzip and drop it in your mod folder, enable scripts in game, restart, find offending object shift click destroy.

I was messing about the other day using attach to head as some objects get slightly larger or smaller when you do this and dropped a chimney on the sidewalk...oops.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • rootysliferootyslife Posts: 1 New Member
    is there any way to delete the object? cause i put it in the wrong spot and i dont know how to get rid of it...... and its on the street so i cant edit it and move it
    is there any way to delete the object? cause i put it in the wrong spot and i dont know how to get rid of it...... and its on the street so i cant edit it and move it

You do:
    Testingcheats true
    Shift click the object
    Then select "destroy object" from the pie menu
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    This is awesome. I will give this a try.
  • iiHomeworldGemiiHomeworldGem Posts: 10 New Member
    Huh, whenever I travel to a lot like a park I can easily just tap on the Build Mode button without cheats. And I believe there is an option to place public furniture and decorations, for example in City Living you can place a food stand where ever. I may be incorrect though.
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Huh, whenever I travel to a lot like a park I can easily just tap on the Build Mode button without cheats. And I believe there is an option to place public furniture and decorations, for example in City Living you can place a food stand where ever. I may be incorrect though.

With this trick you can place objects in the neighborhoods, out of lots . In the sims 4 you can edit all the lots (especially with cheats) but you cant add objects to the neighborhoods.
    xyIcMqt.png
    So in the latest patch notes it says:
    Using the Set as Head cheat on an object, routing off lot, and then using the Reset Sim cheat will now properly clean up the duplicated object, rather than leave it in an unreachable location off lot.

I'm not sure if it means this trick will no longer work since I haven't updated my game. I hope not.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Using the Set as Head cheat on an object, routing off lot, and then using the Reset Sim cheat will now properly clean up the duplicated object, rather than leave it in an unreachable location off lot.

I'm not sure if it means this trick will no longer work since I haven't updated my game. I hope not.
    yep, that is exactly what it means.

„ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

There's a mod at MTS that makes some objects movable to sim inventory so you can place them off lot, just search "Place in World Objects" at MTS.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I was very sad when I saw this "fixed". This is a bug like the Aliens using Mannequins to change clothes "bug". It was enjoyed by players and used as a means of customizing their games because their was no official way.

Aliens were eventually updated to be able to wear clothes so.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Someone has created a mod for this.

If you are a Vanilla player: You can remove the mod when you are done and the items stay in place.

They are deletable with MCCC or other Debug Cheats mods, or removable by putting the mod back in.