Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy trick: How to add objects in the neighborhoods OUT OF ANY LOT working 100% NO MODS :D *UPDATED

Comments

• Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Posting so I can reference this later when I get home. Thank you for this OP! I am another one of those who will putting trash cans around Newcrest.
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I would suggest being careful where you place your item as you cannot move it once placed - or at least I couldn't. I got the game message that I could not move community items. lol Fortunately, the trashcan came down in an okay place - not where I'd have planted it but it's okay and it functions.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    I would suggest being careful where you place your item as you cannot move it once placed - or at least I couldn't. I got the game message that I could not move community items. lol Fortunately, the trashcan came down in an okay place - not where I'd have planted it but it's okay and it functions.

If you dont like a place you put an item you just click (in the item you copy,or add) and select set as head ! But if you put an item in a place and then travel (to a neighbor,to a neighborhood,to a world )this item will be there forever!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Screech666 wrote: »
    For people having issues with items that resize when you put on the head, you can try this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=536711

You have the option to resize the object when you put it on the head. I haven't tested but I'm quite sure it can fix the issue.

Thank you! Im going to try it later! Have you tried it? :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited August 2015
    Great now I'm gonna have a Sim use a public restroom as his head so I can place it elsewhere! :) Not gonna be weird at all running by Sims with a giant restroom on my head :p Genius though.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Great now I'm gonna have a Sim use a public restroom as his head so I can place it elsewhere! :) Not gonna be weird at all running by Sims with a giant restroom on my head :p Genius though.

Thank you!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    piratezevelynpiratezevelyn Posts: 100 Member
    there's the bb.enablefreebuild cheat which allows you to go into build/buy mode on community lots

I tried that when I first found out about the enablefreebuild cheat it didn't work for me
  • Options
    piratezevelynpiratezevelyn Posts: 100 Member
    thanks for this info I can't wait to use it
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Im excited that ure excited, i hate it the world looks amazing but doesn't fit the night life theme. The ruins do tho ive been to many raves at old follys here in the uk.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Think i just posted on the wrong thread sorry guys x
  • Options
    there's the bb.enablefreebuild cheat which allows you to go into build/buy mode on community lots

I tried that when I first found out about the enablefreebuild cheat it didn't work for me

This is about putting objects in public spaces out of any lot
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Yup - the key word here is "lot"
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    Hello I just want to make this thread alive!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Added trash cans all over Dumpcrest. Helps a lot.

Although when I tried to place other objects, I realized they shrank in size. Such as placing the playground boat out... shrank big time lol
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Added trash cans all over Dumpcrest. Helps a lot.

Although when I tried to place other objects, I realized they shrank in size. Such as placing the playground boat out... shrank big time lol

Happy that I help u!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2015
    Does this trick work for cleaning up plates etc stuck in public areas? (E.G. set as head, remove on lot, wash up/throw away plate)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Well done! Thanks for this. ^-^
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    So that's where the kleptomaniac trait got to...
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Awesome tip! this is going to come in handy for so many things , I wish I could put a pool on my head . lol. Thank you so much for sharing this tip with us
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Does this trick work for cleaning up plates etc stuck in public areas? (E.G. set as head, remove on lot, wash up/throw away plate)

On Page 4, Rivie used it in just that way. Apparently, it does.
  • Options
    SimsCrazyUkSimsCrazyUk Posts: 90 Member
    Rofl lol its so small:

eR7Licl.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I'm speechless. This is genius! I can't wait to play with this. I'm definitely taking an easel...so many pretty places I wanna paint.
    I hope we get a portable easel in get together.... I am thinking we might as we are getting a portable bar.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    How come I never saw this thread?
    OP, wonderful job with the tutorial. Thank you

Have you tried this method with graves? Will I be able to create a mini graveyard using your method in the public areas?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    How come I never saw this thread?
    OP, wonderful job with the tutorial. Thank you

Have you tried this method with graves? Will I be able to create a mini graveyard using your method in the public areas?

Thank you! I havent tried this method with graves, but I think that it will work. Use the bb.showhiddenobjects and search debug in build mode to find graves so you dont have to kill sims lol
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Rofl lol its so small:

eR7Licl.jpg

Im sorry! But as I said this is not working with all objects.
    xyIcMqt.png