The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy trick: How to add objects in the neighborhoods OUT OF ANY LOT working 100% NO MODS :D *UPDATED

Comments

• mat555mat555 Posts: 32 Member
    Hope it works with the spaceship/jungle gym thing.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    build time, no for players only.... also for sims :D

Im thinking to start modifying neigborhood a 8-sims household as the municipal workers/builders and a lot where you place (at build mode) all objejcts needed. Then the 8 workers carrying them at their heads.... going one after other
  • abeautifulletdownabeautifulletdown Posts: 304 Member
    This is awesome, thanks for the tip.
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2015
    This is genius ! This is one of the best tips and tricks. I am going to try this :))
  • MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    thank you so much!
  • John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Thanks for your comments guys!!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I'm definitely gonna try this. One of the neighborhoods in Newcrest has a picnic area without a trash can. I'll try to follow the OP's instructions to place one there. Thank you!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    212083620 wrote: »
    Isn't it easier to go to manage worlds and edit the place? lol
    AGAIN...... THIS TRICK IS TO PUT OBJECTS OUTSIDE OF ANY LOT NOT IN A COMMUNITY LOT !!!! IF YOU USE THIS YOU CAN PLACE OBJECTS LIKE BENCHES IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD . With manage world you just edit some LOTS not the neighborhood ! Have a great day :)

If you'd just say "Public Spaces" I'd think you'd get a lot less confusion and more people understanding.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    • Portable Easels – Modifies the function of easels so that they can be placed in a Sims inventory and taken anywhere

Once maintenance is done this is the link to the mod: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=557570
    IceyJ wrote: »
    212083620 wrote: »
    Isn't it easier to go to manage worlds and edit the place? lol
    AGAIN...... THIS TRICK IS TO PUT OBJECTS OUTSIDE OF ANY LOT NOT IN A COMMUNITY LOT !!!! IF YOU USE THIS YOU CAN PLACE OBJECTS LIKE BENCHES IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD . With manage world you just edit some LOTS not the neighborhood ! Have a great day :)

If you'd just say "Public Spaces" I'd think you'd get a lot less confusion and more people understanding.
    ok.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    Thank you!!!
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    It doesn't seem to work too good with trees... It works but the trees are shrinked to fit the head... Oh well... If someone finds a way to make them big again it would be awesome !
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Thanks to this thread, I was able to add a trash can to this area in Newcrest:

06-27-15_8-50nbspAM-2_zpsvkiv1nti.png

Thank you very much, OP!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread, I was able to add a trash can to this area in Newcrest:

06-27-15_8-50nbspAM-2_zpsvkiv1nti.png

Thank you very much, OP!
    You are welcome you make me happy thank you for uploading an image !! Guys please upload images to show me what do you do with this trick!!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    wow i love this . i just tested and it worked!thanks for sharing :*
  • RivieRivie Posts: 782 Member
    Thank you for the tip. I was finally able to clean the two dirty dishes! :relieved: I had been trying without success for the longest time lol

06-27-15_5-20%25C2%25A0PM.png
    Rivie aka Lux Conant
    kingsonfam.png
    Kingson Family thread - Updates, Behind the scenes, Sneak peeks and more...
    The Abandoned Lot - Kingson family How the story begins...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    AM SOOOOO ADDING TRASH CANS TO PUBLIC GRILL AREAS IN TRASHCREST... err Newcrest!

THANK YOU!!!! Yes... caps. I'm excited :D

Do you know around which lots do the garbage cans not work? I know many people (or maybe everyone) have this problem but I just told my sim to go the open bbq place near the neighborhood with the 50x40 lot and it seems to work fine.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Rivie wrote: »
    Thank you for the tip. I was finally able to clean the two dirty dishes! :relieved: I had been trying without success for the longest time lol

06-27-15_5-20%25C2%25A0PM.png

You are welcome :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • wwindystarwwindystar Posts: 21 Member
    thank you for sharing this.
    I also tried this trick but when I put some objects on my sim's head, the size of them had changed. too sad. I just want a public restroom in Newcrest
    wwindystar wrote: »
    I also tried this trick but when I put some objects on my sim's head, the size of them had changed. too sad. I just want a public restroom in Newcrest
    wwindystar wrote: »

Thats why I said not all objects work 100%. There are many objects like benches,trash cans that work 100% but there are also some objects that they just change size :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    B) Sooooo......just run one of those teensy weensy fences around a teensy weensy toilet and make your gnomes happy o:)
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    there's the bb.enablefreebuild cheat which allows you to go into build/buy mode on community lots

This does not work for public areas in the neighborhood around the houses I play. I wanted to place monkey bars by the pirate ship at the neighborhood playground and the cheat did not work. Set as head did get monkey bars to the playground.

Also, I wanted to put an easel by the bench in a public area so my Sim could paint from reference. I set the easel as her head and had her walk over to the bench kind of off to the right otherwise the easel blocked the view of the bench. Then I had her kids sit down on the bench and had her paint from reference. The scenery was so pretty. It took me 3 times to get the kids to have decent poses but it worked in the end.

Just wanted to add that the observatory does not retain it size when setting as head. It shrinks. It is still usable but looks funny.
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    AM SOOOOO ADDING TRASH CANS TO PUBLIC GRILL AREAS IN TRASHCREST... err Newcrest!

THANK YOU!!!! Yes... caps. I'm excited :D

Do you know around which lots do the garbage cans not work? I know many people (or maybe everyone) have this problem but I just told my sim to go the open bbq place near the neighborhood with the 50x40 lot and it seems to work fine.

I don't know where else...but the common picnic area behind the end lot of the 5 lots on the right side of the world view. It's the south lot on Newcrest world view....the north lot in game play. BTW I've noted that that's evidentaly how all the townies eat....it's a very busy bbq site. Indeed, if you sim is hungry they can often find a plate of food there that is not yet spoiled, along with several plates that are lol :s
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    hey John, this is one the best tips. I try some through. Do you happen to know once it place, if i want to change the position, how to del those or move ?

thanks so much in advance.
  • Screech666Screech666 Posts: 119 Member
    For people having issues with items that resize when you put on the head, you can try this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=536711

You have the option to resize the object when you put it on the head. I haven't tested but I'm quite sure it can fix the issue.