Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If I set fire to/steal from other sims' houses, will the game reset the objects?

Let's say I have a pyromaniac/kleptomaniac sim who wants to cause havoc in other sims' houses.

After I've burned the couch and stolen a painting and then go home, will the game reset that lot so that the couch is fine and the painting is back? Or will it permanently look like that?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Actually it seems like anything on non owned lots goes back to normal.Almost like spawners resetting.I stayed the night at Odessa Cross's house one time and the Sims at the party trashed her house dishes everywhere and plates of food on the floor plus a clogged toilet and sink shooting water.When I slept I watched it all dissapear around 3 AM and all plumbing was magically fixed.So at least for me from my experience unowned lots would probably revert to normal although do not know about stolen stuff.

By the way you are evil :D But that is a compliment.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I think the reason we notice a pause, of a cessation of any activity in out games in the larger worlds is due to the game checking everything and resetting what needs fixing at 3 am.