Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What brings you to this forum?

trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
Just what the title says. I'm curious as to people's various reasons for coming here.

I personally come here mainly to check on the progress of one CAW person who's making his last TS3 world. I'm so excited! But I also come here to read debates and check out people's fun gameplay screenshots, no matter which sims game they're from.

How about you? What interests you on this forum?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I rarely play The Sims anymore, but I still appreciate how kind and inclusive the Sims community is most of the time. I've belonged to other gaming forums in the past, and as entertaining as it sometimes was to deal with trolls and other toxic personalities, it's nice to be on a forum with significantly less of those people. The Sims also attracts a lot of creative players, which gives the community a different vibe than most games that revolve around competition and destroying each other. But yeah. I like surrounding myself with people who are awesome. <3
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    Boredom for the most part. Like right now while I half glance at this suck.y movie I'm watching lol
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited June 2015
    I came for the ☕ and the :cookie::cookie: they are delicious!
    Post edited by Vici0us_Virus on
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I came here to share what's happening in my games and to see other updates from other's games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    Just what the title says. I'm curious as to people's various reasons for coming here.

I personally come here mainly to check on the progress of one CAW person who's making his last TS3 world. I'm so excited! But I also come here to read debates and check out people's fun gameplay screenshots, no matter which sims game they're from.

How about you? What interests you on this forum?

Wraith?

I came here (made my account) originally to upload to the exchange and spend my simpoints. I went to the forums out of curiosity, and have been here ever since. I stuck around mainly for the CAW section at first, but once The Sims 4 was announced, I branched out to other areas of the forum.

• Options
    @Archivist I agree; other places are much, much worse. Although of course there's some tension here and the occasional troll, that's inevitable in any place, and the vast majority of simmers are generally supportive of each other, and I've always appreciated that. You're absolutely right about the creativity; it always boggles my mind what people can make with CAS, CAW, and even just general storytelling. The wonderful thing about this series is the focus on befriending other characters rather than trying to murder them XD. (Although, if there is murder, it's the god-murder that the players commit against them rather than them killing each other.)

@friendlyone20 what movie are you watching? I'm curious. And yeah, sometimes when I'm bored I just open this forum, too, in the hopes that someone's started a new thread or responded in a previous one.

@Vici0us_Virus sorry to pry, but are you and Fallen the same person? Also, I love your avatar! Hee! You're very right about the potential of meeting new people, though. It's always interested me to find out about the people behind the screens, which is why I started this thread in the first place. It's nice to meet you, and thank you for responding!

@TadOlson I see you around a lot, especially in the TS3 section, and I think you're cool! What's happening in your game right now?

@Shadecaster101 yes, Wraith! ^___^ The beta version is so lovely so far; all the details are just gorgeous! I look forward to when he adds more of his characters in and gives them bios, because really it was his sarcasm that attracted me to his world in the first place. It makes me sad that CAW isn't as active lately, but I'm happy to see some world builders still there :) What other areas of the forum do you go to?
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    *shrugs* Nothing better to do. Honestly, these forums have lost a lot of their charm for me. But I still like to stay caught up with a few simmers so I stick around. There are some really awesome simmers I've had the pleasure of chatting with since before we got moved over to these forums and it kind of went downhill (imo). There's a couple nice threads too I like to check out. And I kill time when I'm bored in off topic here because I dunno, because I can.
  • Options
    @dreamerz13 Yeah, I concur. It seems so...quiet lately. And when it's not quiet, it's the kind of unpleasant noise I don't want to get involved in anyway. But that's wonderful that you've made friends here! That probably helps you maintain your sanity :)
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I come to see if there are any update on TS4, specifically on toddlers. Then I just scroll around the forum to see what's an interesting topic of discussion that I might participate in.
  • Options
    @MzB06 yeah, that's actually another reason I come here, too. sparkfairy1's thread is always the first one I go to. In general I want to keep tabs on where the franchise is going, because I've been playing the sims for over 12 years, and I always want to know.

But yeah, after that I scroll around, too :) Traffic seems a bit slow, though. There are many stretches where it feels like nothing new happens.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @trollnexus -I've been setting Deery Meadows up for a new legacy and I'll also be playing a few of my other legacies over the summer.I've got Ambitions and Showtime being oerdered from Amazon so I can have them on disks.I've got my game loaded with so many Mods that I lost count of the other ones though there's 88 NRaas Mod files in there to fix the bugs and glitches I kept having with "story progression" which is the EA bug-fest and it was always ruining my games in the past.I have to play with story progression on though it's the NRaas version and I love how that Mod version manages things with my custom settings.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CurlCurl Posts: 34 Member
    I came here to start a Sims petition, honestly. Oh, and help people with tech problems.
  • Options
    @TadOlson yeah I don't think full enjoyment of TS3 is even possible without NRaas mods. Without them, I wouldn't be playing sims anymore. How do you manage to play legacies without getting bored? What's your secret? I always lose steam after a couple of generations >.<

@Curl ooh what kind of petition? And that's wonderful that you help those with tech problems; that's the best and most needed help around here :)
  • Options
    CurlCurl Posts: 34 Member
    @trollnexus A petition for a Sims 3 Ultimate pack! Sounds silly, but I'm really optimistic about this. Please, check out my discussion! We need all the signatures we can get. More info there too.
  • Options
    @Curl alright! I'll go check it out :) I wish you luck!
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I hang out on this forum for the fact I play sims 4 and I like discussing it with the amazingly unique personaliities you find here :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2015
    Since I never got The Sims 4 and have no interest in ever doing so, I don't know. I suppose it's a connection to the community, however small it may be these days. It was a The Sims forum where I first felt like I was actually a part of a forum. That was years ago, but oh well...

Hopefully someday I'll have a The Sims title to care enough to complain about look forward to again.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    StarLit8269StarLit8269 Posts: 84 Member
    I came here mainly because the sims 3 forums won't let me search for things anymore.
  • Options
    FiRobbo89FiRobbo89 Posts: 98 Member
    I come here because i don't play the Sims 4 much nowadays, but like to buy the expansions/stuff packs and this forum has loads of useful tips/info about them.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Everything. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    trollering
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Being able to plug my stuff.

Having an active TS3 discussion board (my regular place kinda died).

I mean, I met my girlfriend because of these forums, so I'd have a hard time leaving without feeling bad.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    abbiecaabbieca Posts: 60 Member
    I'm here to chat to people who love Sims like me
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    @trollnexus lol Very much so. It seems as if all the conversations are on repeat right now so I tend to just spend my time here in the general thread for the most part now.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    boredom. And sometimes I need help with my game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)