Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why isn't the Go To School Mod working for me?I

SimmerrasSimmerras Posts: 11 New Member
edited June 2015 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I don't think I've never more disappointed with the Sims than this. I trusted DOZENS of simmers that this would be an awesome mod, actually got excited about buying the Get To Work expansion pack.

I bought Get To Work.
I went to Zerbu's site and downloaded the two parts.

Here's where the problem lies:
- The venue mod is the only mod that's working. I did put an elementary school in the area. However, I didn't put in a high school, because students I wanted to follow were all children, not teenagers.
- Whenever the kids are about to go to school, I don't get a pop-up. They just go into the rabbit hole as usual.
- I've been noticing whenever the timer says "Class in 0 minutes", it jumps back to "Class in 30 minutes" ever since I added in the mod. Is that normal? Has anyone else been having trouble recently.

I’m utter devastated this wouldn’t work me! And I had such high hopes for this mod.

EDIT:
Switch from Get To Work to Mods Bugs & Issues section.
Post edited by Simmerras on

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Sorry it isn't working for you and if helpful the mod is not supported by Sims it working or not working isn't something the game can control. And with any mods it's better to ask creator Qs though you could also move this thread to the mods section to see if any informed users can help. Good luck
  • SimmerrasSimmerras Posts: 11 New Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > Sorry it isn't working for you and if helpful the mod is not supported by Sims it working or not working isn't something the game can control. And with any mods it's better to ask creator Qs though you could also move this thread to the mods section to see if any informed users can help. Good luck

Oh, I didn't know there was a Mod section in the forums. Also, I know it's just a mod, that's why I'm careful about what I get. I'm just aggravated that EVERYONE advertised it and it's not even working.
  • rori_beerori_bee Posts: 2 New Member
    The exact same thing is happening with me, I can't find anything anywhere about it!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    rori_bee wrote: »
    The exact same thing is happening with me, I can't find anything anywhere about it!!

Hello @rori_bee ,
    This is a link to where you can post about your issues with the mod
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/119519487517/the-sims-4-go-to-school-bug-reports

This is a link to known issues about the mod
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/118125785057/the-sims-4-go-to-school-known-issues

These are instructions about the mod
    http://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/118055018232/the-sims-4-go-to-school-mod-pack

I hope that there may be some information in those links that may be able to help you.
  • CookieGirl11CookieGirl11 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm not sure if you have figured out the issue but if you haven't I think I know how you can fix it
    edited March 2016
    I'm not sure if you have figured out the issue but if you haven't I think I know how you can fix it

Hello @CookieGirl11 :).Welcome to the forums.
    If you had issues with the mod and found a way to fix it, it would be great if you posted the fix here as it may help other simmers who read this thread who are having similar issues.
  • ElloaElloa Posts: 1 New Member
    Zerbu stopped the mod development because he was exhausted making the new version. But the mod will be upload in a couple of weeks, I think.
    With the new game update the old version isn't working.

(Sorry about my english, I'm spanish :# )
  • TaehyungsgirlTaehyungsgirl Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay...soooo I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but everything works fine buuuut...I created a highschool...took 5 hours to do...and I can't go to it. I was so happy because I had a story in mind, but when I follow the guy i created to be a teacher, he will start to go to the lot, but then just stands at the edge of the house lot. Like, I click on the venue that i created as the school, and it just bumps me back to the world select. Even when I click on a house to play. I've uninstalled it because my game was unplayable. Is it because it's the old version and now I can't play it anymore? Is the GTS mod just useless now?
    Okay...soooo I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but everything works fine buuuut...I created a highschool...took 5 hours to do...and I can't go to it. I was so happy because I had a story in mind, but when I follow the guy i created to be a teacher, he will start to go to the lot, but then just stands at the edge of the house lot. Like, I click on the venue that i created as the school, and it just bumps me back to the world select. Even when I click on a house to play. I've uninstalled it because my game was unplayable. Is it because it's the old version and now I can't play it anymore? Is the GTS mod just useless now?

Hello
    This is a link to information about the version 4 of the mod. I am not sure if that is the version that you have been using. If you are not using this version, try seeing if this version works in your game. The mod though may have been broken in a game patch.
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160319209200/the-sims-4-go-to-school-mod-pack-v4-repost
  • reese122reese122 Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't find the schools in my library. I did allow cc and I can find the option in the lot type: "Elementary school" and "High school" but when I press it nothing showes up.
    reese122 wrote: »
    I can't find the schools in my library. I did allow cc and I can find the option in the lot type: "Elementary school" and "High school" but when I press it nothing showes up.

Hello
    The files of lots that you download from an external site, go straight into the tray folder. There can’t be any sub folders. I am just checking in case that is what is the cause of your issues.
  • Sahara221594Sahara221594 Posts: 1 New Member
    Having the same problem just like Taehyungsgirl ,and I went to the link rosemow replied but I don't understand. Is that really because of the game patch broke the mod? Also spent hours to build a high school, cry :'(
  • hnnhnclhnnhncl Posts: 1 New Member
    (this is a LONG question, but i wanted to try and give as much detail as possible so that it would be easier for anyone who's kind enough to try and help me out!) so first of all thank you so so so much for this detailed tutorial, i would have been lost without it. secondly, i know these questions have been asked a ton and i've watched youtube videos, visited tons of sims 4 help websites/articles, but nothing seems to work. i'm having a few issues with this mod, the first one being that i can't set my school as an updated elementary school, just the old version. it doesn't show up in my list, but when i search the gallery for an updated elementary school it shows up in the filter list under Lot > Type. i have checked "include custom content" and am able to place the updated elementary schools into my world, but that leads to my next problem. the game doesn't recognize my school so i don't get the option to follow my sim, so i know you're supposed to go into build mode, change the lot type to random, exit build mode, go back in, and set it back to elementary school. the issue i'm having is that when i go to try and change the lot type, it is permanently set to elementary school. the drop down box is grayed out and i get a message that says "disabled for special venues" or something along those lines. i tried to find a new lot (my search criteria being Lot > Type > Elementary School and i've ticked the box that says "Include Custom Content") but every time i place the correct, updated elementary school, i can never change the lot type. this leads to me not being able to fix the bug that prevents me from following my sim to school which then just prevents me from using this mod altogether. then to top it all off, i try to place the elementary schools on new, empty lots to see if it is just the one particular lot that is causing the problem and that just makes all of the lots that i try to use unusable since i can't ever change the lot type after i place the elementary school. i can bulldoze the building, but the lot type just stays as Elementary School in the grayed out drop down box. to try and fix THIS issue i have to go have my sim buy the lot which changes it to retail and then sell it which lets me change the lot type (finally), but then i'm back to square one since the updated "Elementary School" option doesn't show up when i try to change the lot type, only the old version. i have downloaded v4 which is the most updated version of this mod that i can find and i even download lots that are made specifically for this mod. i feel like i am going in circles since nothing i try is working and it's driving me crazy. 99% of the solutions i have seen are all at least 10 months old and no one else seems to be having all of the problems i'm having at the same time, but i swear i've done everything right. i have spent literal days trying to find solutions to this problem and want to use this mod so, so badly, but i am starting to lose all hope that it's even possible. i am using a macbook pro if that helps at all. somebody please help!!! (i have the same issue with the high school too)

i followed the tutorial "Sims 4 Go To School Tutorial 2017 Everything You Need To Know" by misplacedmoo (the tutorial embedded in Zerbu's post about the mod) and scoured the comments for any help, but all of the solutions are old (i still tried but they didn't work)
  • Sims4luvSims4luv Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi...when my sim is going to school with the mod I cant start the class the interaction doesn't pop up when I click on the teacher! I need HELPP!!
  • kookiesimmiekookiesimmie Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded the got to school correctly and I can join my school at school but both my child and teen sim cant declare their favorite subject or talk to the counselor to get their school spirits up. There isn't an option for this in the pie for them to declare there favorite subject. Please help me out on this I :( really want this to work.
  • cassidyjpcassidyjp Posts: 1 New Member
    My get to school mod wasn’t working even though I had downloaded it correctly and placed high school & elementary school lots from the gallery. After a few days of trying to figure it out, I realized that the lots from the gallery didn’t have the NPC stickers for the principal and the guidance counselor and they didn’t have the teacher’s podiums. Once I placed those into the lot, the mod started working. Make sure your schools have the NPC stickers and the teacher’s podium!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @kookiesimmie @cassidyjp this thread was posted in 2015! Necroposting is against the forum rules. Try and remember to check the date on the thread before posting.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Blue_Rose1Blue_Rose1 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Simmerras said:
    > I don't think I've never more disappointed with the Sims than this. I trusted DOZENS of simmers that this would be an awesome mod, actually got excited about buying the Get To Work expansion pack.
    >
    > I bought Get To Work.
    > I went to Zerbu's site and downloaded the two parts.
    >
    > Here's where the problem lies:
    > - The venue mod is the only mod that's working. I did put an elementary school in the area. However, I didn't put in a high school, because students I wanted to follow were all children, not teenagers.
    > - Whenever the kids are about to go to school, I don't get a pop-up. They just go into the rabbit hole as usual.
    > - I've been noticing whenever the timer says "Class in 0 minutes", it jumps back to "Class in 30 minutes" ever since I added in the mod. Is that normal? Has anyone else been having trouble recently.
    >
    > I’m utter devastated this wouldn’t work me! And I had such high hopes for this mod.
    >
    > EDIT:
    > Switch from Get To Work to Mods Bugs & Issues section.

Hi I had a similar problem except for the fact that when I tried to change my build to a school, the option didn't come up, just residential, gym, lounge etc. I do have get to work but i installed that after so mod so that might be the problem. Does anyone know whats going on?
  • HalleHalle Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone! I seem to be having a problem I haven't seen anyone else have --

I built a school and placed the podium and the headmaster and the councelor things, and I have the new lot types so its fine
    The choice to follow my kid to school pops up HOWEVER when I click "follow to school" my sim stays at home! But it gets a thing like she's at school! I have the assignments and everything but for some reason I'm still on my own lot, my sims doesn't teleport to the school!! I dunno what to do!!

HELP!!
  • rosielee6rosielee6 Posts: 1 New Member
    @Halle that is exactly my problem, last week 6 kids were such in my house for 3 days. i even un installed all CC and Mods and re loaded, less issuesthen but not fixed it. I've even tried taking my sim to the school hoping that would work but then i clicked go to school and it cook her home and it was 3pm and she had a "D"!! so frustrating :(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Some Simmers are offering support for Zerbu's mods in a Discord server for them: https://discord.gg/AbUEdT I'd suggest getting support there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.