Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED 6/26 #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    OMG a haunted park is awesome! LOL.
    I'm so far away from building mine. I have a ton of LPs going though so it'll take me a bit.

Hahaha, I am odd. Sometimes I plan like I did on this one. And sometimes I'm like meeeh whatever happens, happens! Lol. I knew if I didn't plan this one that I'd prob do something I wasn't happy with, so I had to map it out a little. :)
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @Spacey72659 I saw you had a fair few LPs going - I'd probably loose track of all that completely! Haha thanks, I have yet to come to my park at night to see the ghost, but I think it will be nice to have a ghost park for storytelling :)

I'm having so much fun with this challenge! I feel like it gives the family much more purpose than a typical legacy and justifies why the family is indeed special. Looking forward to moving on to my lower class neighbourhood!
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Oooooh! Love the concept! <3 But I am afraid that I have to put it far-back on my todo list since I have so many other challenges I also want to run + the one Legacy I allready are on! But put a star on it for future reference!
    AMB.jpg
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @Spacey72659 I saw you had a fair few LPs going - I'd probably loose track of all that completely! Haha thanks, I have yet to come to my park at night to see the ghost, but I think it will be nice to have a ghost park for storytelling :)

I'm having so much fun with this challenge! I feel like it gives the family much more purpose than a typical legacy and justifies why the family is indeed special. Looking forward to moving on to my lower class neighbourhood!

Yeah it def does. My one legacy has no purpose but to continue and sometimes I'm like, uh what do I do?? So this one is nice. LOL
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    Everyone is doing so well on their legacies! I am sorry I haven't been on the forums much, work and life have been getting in the way. Keep up the good work and I love seeing everyone's families evolve.
    Everyone is doing so well on their legacies! I am sorry I haven't been on the forums much, work and life have been getting in the way. Keep up the good work and I love seeing everyone's families evolve.

We understand! I hope you get time to play soon though, I've been liking your LPs so far!

Also, it appears I've recruited a few people to give the challenge a go over at the Writers Lounge :)

We understand! I hope you get time to play soon though, I've been liking your LPs so far!

Also, it appears I've recruited a few people to give the challenge a go over at the Writers Lounge :)

Yay, awesome! I am looking for a new job and working overtime at my current job which I have to commute an hour to get there, so it doesn't leave very much time for sims. Thanks for being the unofficial Build Newcrest Spokesperson!
    Good luck, I hope you find something that's a good fit soon! I'm currently job hunting myself so I can relate :)
    @ThePlumbob, thanks so much, it is very stressful and time consuming! Good luck with your job hunt as well!
    Thank you!

Here's my first starter home for the lower-class neighbourhood:

qxPqVH.png
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    @ShadyLady_DQ Are we allow to download households and other sims into game and make them townies if need too or are to to just use the game sims?
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611

Yay, awesome! I am looking for a new job and working overtime at my current job which I have to commute an hour to get there, so it doesn't leave very much time for sims. Thanks for being the unofficial Build Newcrest Spokesperson!

I feel for you. I lived up north and had a job that was an hour away. I did that for years. It's a nightmare. I feel your pain.
    I moved south to avoid the snow (even worse with a long commute bc you can't go "oh it's snowing I'll get home before it's bad" - if it's started, you're screwed by the time you get home! UGH). I was lucky when I moved that I found an apt 2 miles from where I was going to work (just to find out the day I signed the lease they were closing that site and moving like 20 minutes away. Still beats an hour though!).

But yea... I feel your pain. I hope you can find something else soon. I know the pain of job hunting.
    Thank you!

qxPqVH.png

That is super cute. Love it.

I'm going to get to build my park and houses soon. Arthur just got his first perfect plant (I am way ahead on recording b/c I was just having so much fun with it this passed weekend LOL!).
    Thank you!

qxPqVH.png

I'm going to get to build my park and houses soon. Arthur just got his first perfect plant (I am way ahead on recording b/c I was just having so much fun with it this passed weekend LOL!).

Thank you! I always look out for your Newcrest LPs :) I like how the kids each got one parent's hair and the other parent's eyes, it's an adorable family!
    Thank you!

qxPqVH.png

Thank you! I always look out for your Newcrest LPs :) I like how the kids each got one parent's hair and the other parent's eyes, it's an adorable family!

Aww thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it. I have a lot of fun doing it. :)
  • mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    This is such a great idea. I love it!! and I'm going to start my challenge tonight!
    Getting close to completing the second generation aspiration!

I just got Spa Day and now I can't wait to get to the 4th generation and build an awesome gym with a spa and yoga classes...
    @ThePlumbob How long did it take you to finish Generation 1 Asperation? My sim is at level 9 in gardening. He getting ready grow the things to make a cowplant. Though he got one of the plants grown. How long does it from a Good plant to Exectly to Perfect? Once that is done. I am finished with Generation 1 goal.
    My Sims Stories
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    This is a great challenge! I am doing it right now :) I have completed the gen one aspiration but I still need 8 perfect plants ^^
    BgBn7510 wrote: »
    @ThePlumbob How long did it take you to finish Generation 1 Asperation? My sim is at level 9 in gardening. He getting ready grow the things to make a cowplant. Though he got one of the plants grown. How long does it from a Good plant to Exectly to Perfect? Once that is done. I am finished with Generation 1 goal.

@BgBn7510 It took quite a while, I think Kirk and Maranda were halfway through the adult stage by the time the par was built (I had them drink the Potion of Youth) to reset them back to beginning of the adult stage once they moved to the new lot.
    How do you evict your sims from a lot without them taking all their stuff with them or selling it?
    JulyaVee wrote: »
    How do you evict your sims from a lot without them taking all their stuff with them or selling it?

Not quite sure what you mean? If you take it with them it will stay in their inventory, if you sell it they'll leave it behind and it will stay on the lot - I'm presuming that's what you were intending to do?
    Yay, I thought if I sold the stuff it would simply be gone ^^
    BgBn7510 wrote: »

@BgBn7510 It took quite a while, I think Kirk and Maranda were halfway through the adult stage by the time the par was built (I had them drink the Potion of Youth) to reset them back to beginning of the adult stage once they moved to the new lot.

ok thank.
    My Sims Stories
    edited July 2015
    Hm I figured that 7 community lots for a 15 lot neighbourhood is a bit too much. Also having a bar, a nightclub AND a louge seems superfluous to me. I'll probably cut the challenge short by one or two generations or delete some lots afterwards ^^ But I'm so loving this!

Unfortunately my gen people had only one child and he has the mean and loner traits xD what a bummer. I'll have to find a good woman for him.