Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Expansion Plz!

I hope this comes out. And if it does, I would like to suggest that you don't hinge the "magic" solely on altering emotions... i think that would be pretty lackluster. Let's bring back some of the kick from TS2 like teleporting and stopping time. Also gargoyles.
Welcome to the forums!
hD8C13932

Comments

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Gimmie the magic!!!

yMiU6Sk.gif

5aYi1sU.gif
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd be so mad if we could only perform certain spells depending on our sims emotions.
    But I think Emotions should have a little effect on the out come of a spell... maybe.

Like casting Fireballs like if your sim is angry it could be a stronger. or if your sim is sad and low on Energy the fireball would be weaker almost pathetic looking.

I'd like the ability of poofing out of a room. and choosing our color of smoke.
    tumblr_nnmqn3GPIK1qa5gn1o1_540.gif
    tumblr_nch1u6Agmk1s389oyo2_500.gif
    and transformation spells need to be like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeR9bWs5Z4U

I know people want scary, but I'd also Like this type of pack to be really awesome.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    I agree with all of you. I hope they don't tie the magic into the emotions, but as they've bigged up the emotional side of these sims I assume that's probably what they'll do, unfortunately.
    untitled-1.png

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited June 2015
    I want magic too, but I would like the EP to resemble sims 1 making magic. So a whole new magical city with carnival feel, roller coasters and magic fights, secret ingredients growing on your yard/in the neighbourhood. Also I'd probably prefer them adding magical creatures through different packs like in sims 2, I don't know... was it nice when they came together in sims 3?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i would not mind but it would need to have an option to keep these features fully off for simmers that do ot went to create or see supernatrual sims in there game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I want magic too, but I would like the EP to resemble sims 1 making magic. So a whole new magical city with carnival feel, roller coasters and magic fights, secret ingredients growing on your yard/in the neighbourhood. Also I'd probably prefer them adding magical creatures through different packs like in sims 2, I don't know... was it nice when they came together in sims 3?

I Don't know I didn't play the Sims 2, I liked the Sims 3 Supernatural a little, But it could have been better, and it was a little insulting.

I know Supernatural was taken from the Scarier "Traditional" Perspective.

First off the magical animations were just cheap.

Honestly I think Witches were a little lame. They had no power, their wands did all the work.
    Which is why I disagree Witches should return, instead they should be Sorcerers, in my opinion they're more powerful, and can do so much more if they just let themselves. Wands should be optional for a Sorcerer, hand magic should be default. and sims should just cast the spell no mumbling words or prancing around like fools.

Werewolves... were okay, It's Just I wish there was more hostility. Not just with Werewolves but among the others too.
    Werewolves should be able to attack sims and bite and turn sims without permission. You go out in the woods and come across a wolf and see if he/she asks to bite you. All sims should be able to fight off against zombies, and when a zombie is killed, they drop items that are craftables in potions or Using the workbench to craft staves/amulets/charms.

Hated that fairies were described as tricksters.

I think they should do multiple packs.
    Magic EP: Adds the Basics Sorcerer, Werewolf, Fairy, Vampire, Ghosts in CAS. New clothes, new Build/buy stuff, and a new world
    Magic GP: Adds a magical realm destination kind of like a medieval world, add some harry potter for those types of fans. potentially add more life states
    2-3 Magic SP: adds more objects, CAS, Build/Buy and Gameplay.
    (Because I don't think they should just do one pack and move on.)
    Seasons EP: Adds more weather Spells
    Pets EP: Adds more animal transformations
    "World Adventures" allows sims to go travel and collect artifacts that may have supernatural properties. Like a Genie's Lamp, Pandora's Box, etc.
    Island Paradise EP: adds merfolk (However drop the scaly legs bit it was hideous)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    edited June 2015
    Memina11 wrote: »
    i would not mind but it would need to have an option to keep these features fully off for simmers that do ot went to create or see supernatrual sims in there game

Hmm... well since the whole point of a "supernatural" pack is to bring... well.. supernatural stuff into the sims world, I doubt there would be a toggle-off button. Certain things should be optional (I recall the zombie mess from TS3 as one example).
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'd be so mad if we could only perform certain spells depending on our sims emotions.
    But I think Emotions should have a little effect on the out come of a spell... maybe.

I wouldn't mind if certain spells would be emotionally-tied. For example a spell to set someone on fire could only be optional if your sim is angry. Or a spell to make it rain (speaking of which, where is Seasons?) when your sim is sad. It would be odd to see a "very happy" sim traipsing about the neighborhood lighting people on fire. Although I would find the humor in this.

What I meant in my OP is i don't want "spell to make sim happy" or "elixir to make sim embarrassed". That's just boring and not what I hope to see.

Edit: Also a smoking-out teleport option would be very cool. Like TS2 where they could zip from one area to the next only in smoke. I dig.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Hmm... well since the whole point of a "supernatural" pack is to bring... well.. supernatural stuff into the sims world, I doubt there would be a toggle-off button. Certain things should be optional (I recall the zombie mess from TS3 as one example).

Well TS3 had check boxes next to the Supernaturals that people didn't want to see in their worlds. So they could still do that in TS4 since it is in TS3. People did buy the game even though they really wasn't interested in the life states in the game, they just wanted the items from the EP into their game
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    TS3 had no clue on how to control the Supernaturals from invading & taking over the world. Swarms of vampires, paparazzi/celebs, zombies, etc. By implementing the Check Box gave us control from our worlds being over-ran & out of control. A tool that was much needed.

Random is great, do not get me wrong. But when it's extremely unbalanced, it's far from fun.
    OJGRGDT.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I wouldn't mind if certain spells would be emotionally-tied. For example a spell to set someone on fire could only be optional if your sim is angry. Or a spell to make it rain (speaking of which, where is Seasons?) when your sim is sad. It would be odd to see a "very happy" sim traipsing about the neighborhood lighting people on fire. Although I would find the humor in this.

What I meant in my OP is i don't want "spell to make sim happy" or "elixir to make sim embarrassed". That's just boring and not what I hope to see.

Edit: Also a smoking-out teleport option would be very cool. Like TS2 where they could zip from one area to the next only in smoke. I dig.

I'd Still be mad if that's how they did that pack.

Fire Spells only optional when your sim is angry? Making it rain ONLY when your sim is sad? That's pathetic Sims should be able to cast any given spell at any time, and Experience/Levels, Energy, and Emotion should determine the strength/outcome of spells.

But I agree, magical potions should be different form the potions in the reward store. I still don't like the idea they added the Weight loss/gain potions to the store. They better make magical potions made in a cauldron different.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

TS3 had no clue on how to control the Supernaturals from invading & taking over the world. Swarms of vampires, paparazzi/celebs, zombies, etc. By implementing the Check Box gave us control from our worlds being over-ran & out of control. A tool that was much needed.

Random is great, do not get me wrong. But when it's extremely unbalanced, it's far from fun.

I Have an Idea for Zombies. I think a Necromantic spell should be able to determine if they spawn. For gameplay, Sims have to collect material to create a Necromantic Staff (3 bones, a Death Metal, and an Emerald). once all the items are in Sims Inventory then the Sim can go to the Crafting table and craft the Necromantic Staff which will have control of the zombies. Then draw a pentagram in a Graveyard. Finally and at midnight (Between 11pm and 1am), under a full moon Sims can enact the spell. Once the Spell is enacted then and only then Zombies will be able to spawn in game to disable zombie spawn. With the necromantic staff bring your sim to the graveyard (Zombies won't attack your sim as long as you hold the staff), use the staff to dispel the zombie spell.

as for the others I have no idea their spawn rates.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Strange idea. Instead of loading screens they can add something like a video. For example, when you are traveling with your witch it shows video with flying broom.
    edited June 2015
    Also on a side note, Sims who are human and want to learn magic should have a harder time learning way harder than a Level 1 Sorcerer.
    And there should be more consequences if an inexperienced human picks up the wand there should be a small chance of fatality, all spells go wrong or death by magic.

Edit: but not so many consequences for actual magic users.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > Also on a side note, Sims who are human and want to learn magic should have a harder time learning way harder than a Level 1 Sorcerer.
    > And there should be more consequences if an inexperienced human picks up the wand there should be a small chance of fatality, all spells go wrong or death by magic.

Brilliant idea.
  • Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    I like the idea of serious consequences for playing with magic without training. Sort of like messing with electrical equipment when you don't have the skill. As for the spells hinged to mood, don't get me wrong--I DONT want this, but since I expect them to do something emotionally-based, rain for sadness/fire for anger are a couple of examples that come to mind, that would make sense at least. I will be bitterly disappointed if this is all they do, however. I want to see some cool junk like teleportation, time control, magical cleaning creatures/creatures you can summon to fight other sims (like in TS2), something for gardening like a life/death spell on plants... heck, even a life/death spell on other sims would be awesome, but I don't think that will ever happen.
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I am still not fond of the idea of compressing several Supernaturals into a single pack again.

jr73Y.gif