Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think my simself has a case of senioritis

slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
After downloading The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection a few days ago, I made my simself and sent her to college, where she is studying to be a doctor.

She is a knowledge sim, which obviously makes college a lot easier for her because her wants constantly coincide with what her studies require.

Except for now. She is almost done with her junior year, and instead of having wants such as 'write term paper', 'go to class', and 'do assignment', they are now things such as 'go fishing', 'play darts', and 'play chess.'

It makes me giggle. Ever since I promised her that I would get her a grand piano upon graduation, she has only wanted to do frivolous things. XD

Sims in TS2 are always full of surprises.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2015
    Lol!- it sure is. Sounds like she wants to *go out more. Hope she gets the piano. :-)

*I don't like using my tablet :(
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Playing chess is actually a knowledge thing because that builds her Logic skill. But yeah, I never let my Sims have fun at college. They are there to learn, not play lol. I need to loosen up a little lol
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Oh yes I know chess gains logic but she still has fun doing it and it doesn't add to her class performance sooo...

Plus she has almost maxed out her Games enthusiasm so I'm thinking that plays a part, too.

She just started her senior year and rolled the want to graduate with honors (a whopping 25,000 aspiration points!!), so maybe there is still some hope for her after all. XD
    Oh and @Rflong7 she will definitely get the piano--that want I made sure to lock tightly. ;)
  • LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    My sim did the same, expect I ignored it and made her work as hard as usual anyway. :) Then it got really bad in the last semester of senior year. It was next to impossible to get her to do anything except play around, even with all of her motives pretty high. She got through it anyway, luckily. Good thing socializing with professors adds to class performance, since it was easy to get her to do that.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I let my sims have fun, but not party. Even then, they have no fun until their school meter is filled to the top.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Haha funny!! I HATE uni only because it takes forever.. I have a mod that makes every semester only 24 hrs and I just have them focus on school lol I should let them have fun but it's not worth it to me ahha
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I like sending them to the Uni community lots to study and earn skills. They meet Sims, time still ticks down, and they can have fun. It's so much better than them staying on their home lot.
    -especially if you make a fun Uni lot for what you like and their hobbies.

Some I have live in the Secret Society house and only go home for their finals. That way they can learn one of the OFB objects - like flowers or toys- at the cost of the Secret Society. Selling them at home they get the money still. And I have Sims to talk to and work for my Sim.
    -Turn the fridge so they can't fix food or you'll always have a mess. :D
    I normally don't like sending sims to college in Sims 2 because it takes a long time and feels like a grind fest to me. I usually still do it though because the extra want slots and being able to lock 2 wants is very important to me.

This time around it hasn't been so bad/boring. Maybe because this is the first I have played TS2 in at least a year.