March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perfect Patio Stuff Discussion

Hello everyone! Perfect Patio stuff just came out and it brought us hot tubs... that CHILDREN CAN GET INTO! That alone made me super excited but, I think that another expansion pack should be released instead of a bunch of stuff packs. Even game packs would be better but I am begging EA, PLEASE release something that has to do with seasons or night life. Anyway, this is a discussion area for your thoughts and feelings about this pack. Post away!
tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
thank you thread

Comments

• jennymarblesjennymarbles Posts: 59 Member
    I would like another expansion pack too! I like stuff packs, they are awesome but I am really really REALLY craving an EP. I feel differently than you do about seasons, I don't exactly want it to be the next one - I wouldn't mind but it's not like I'm sitting at my laptop googling "sims 4 seasons!!!!" haha. I actually kind of hope the next EP is similar to that of the Sims 3 Generations or something with apartments! :D I never got to play the sims 2 version of apartments (cause mac.) but I heard it was very fun :)
  • sunsetvalley10sunsetvalley10 Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2015
    I feel in my bones something dealing with nightlife is coming soon... it would be great to have apartments and the restaurant back. I miss going to there on dates... I mostly stay at home.

About the pack, I am excited to woohoo in the hot tub and skinny dip again. The new grill is flipping sweet and the lounge chairs are cool. Have only played a couple of hours as I am at work and shouldn't play anyway... but it's summer school's out!
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    To be honest id rather have more stuff packs AND an ep AND a new game pack as its been ages now since ODR in january. Call me greedy if you like lol. I think there a few grey areas that still need to be addressed in 4 and only eps can really do that. The stuff is cool tho and i am enjoying it. I find myself going through the motions with 4 one minute i love it the next not so much vise versa.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Same here, i'm dying to get more Game/Expansion packs, I love Stuff packs I really do, but I miss my gameplay content that change their everyday lives, so i'm hoping for a new Gamepack that contains a new theme or something :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Same here, i'm dying to get more Game/Expansion packs, I love Stuff packs I really do, but I miss my gameplay content that change their everyday lives, so i'm hoping for a new Gamepack that contains a new theme or something :blush:

I agree going to work with sims is cool, i wouldn't even mind if it was university next and worked the same kinda way, Instead of a career performance bar have an academic performance bar that needs to be filled from classes and public speaking before the final exam. Use the notebook and have information regarding certain subjects like science and plants saved and then give us an option when the final exam comes along to either have our sim do it alone or use chance cards for us to answer the questions based off the info saved in the notebook and be scored on that.
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    The new grill is flipping sweet and the lounge chairs are cool.

Sadly, there are no lounge chairs yet...
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • LaurenHullLaurenHull Posts: 55 Member
    I've just bought it so I'm about to download it. I can't wait to see how it is, I missed hot tubs :P
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    LaurenHull wrote: »
    I've just bought it so I'm about to download it. I can't wait to see how it is, I missed hot tubs :P

That's awesome! So did I. Very much. :p
    thank you thread
    @Bleubell - I started playing like 30 mins ago, I still haven't looked at the new content haha, I'm building up Newcrest, I think I should play with it now instead of building :PPP
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    My list of EP's I want to come out
    1. generations
    2. nightlife
    3. seasons
    4. pets
    5. (What was the celebrity one called? stardom? whatever)
    If we're discussing EP releases I'd have to say mine are as follow;
    1: Supernatural (I am dying for this one, I loved it so much in TS3
    2: Pets
    3: Latenight - I liked the celebrity status on this one, it was fun :)
    4: Seasons
    5: University
    6: Generations
    7: Island Paradise (I enjoyed this one too, I know a lot didn't but I like having control over my sims work, hence why I like get to work, with island paradise, I could make my sim do things and earn their money, have full control over it :) )
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
    If we're discussing EP releases I'd have to say mine are as follow;
    1: Supernatural (I am dying for this one, I loved it so much in TS3
    2: Pets
    3: Latenight - I liked the celebrity status on this one, it was fun :)
    4: Seasons
    5: University
    6: Generations
    7: Island Paradise (I enjoyed this one too, I know a lot didn't but I like having control over my sims work, hence why I like get to work, with island paradise, I could make my sim do things and earn their money, have full control over it :) )

Yeah, I completely agree! I love the work aspect as well and the resorts.
    thank you thread
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

Unfortunately these are not the hot tubs you have been missing. Unlike the one you have used in previous games fun goes down rather up. If you sim comes home stressed and needing fun you would do better sending them to the pool to do some swims some laps.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.

Unfortunately these are not the hot tubs you have been missing. Unlike the one you have used in previous games fun goes down rather up. If you sim comes home stressed and needing fun you would do better sending them to the pool to do some swims some laps.

Wow, that's a bummer.... come on now, EA.
    thank you thread
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member

The 'fun' bar glitch hasn't affected everyone. It's all working fine for me. :)

You can use the new hot tubs as it does increase the fun bar and helps boost your sims mood.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

You can use the new hot tubs as it does increase the fun bar and helps boost your sims mood.

Please excuse me for being skeptical but there seem be a number of outside factors affecting whether the hot tub is fun or not but my observations indicate that the hot tub is not in itself intrinsically fun.

I've been trained as a scientist so maybe I'm a bit more observant than most. Let's do a scientific experiment here. Place a hot tub straight from build/buy. Eliminate any variables that might cause fun such as music playing in the background, other sims, television playing within sight of the hot tub. Instruct one sim whose fun is in the orange to sit in the hot tub. Switch to the sims motive panel and observe. Which motive bars move and in what direction.

Repeat the above in the Sims 1, 2 and 3 if you have them.

Let me know what you have observed.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Bleubell wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Perfect Patio stuff just came out and it brought us hot tubs... that CHILDREN CAN GET INTO! That alone made me super excited but, I think that another expansion pack should be released instead of a bunch of stuff packs. Even game packs would be better but I am begging EA, PLEASE release something that has to do with seasons or night life. Anyway, this is a discussion area for your thoughts and feelings about this pack. Post away!

This game also needs a tropical vacation gamepack added big time and more stuff for pools.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

This issue will probebly be fixed in the July Patch as will the easy listening and retro stations being added to the hottub radio.
  • Tsuki304Tsuki304 Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know ... I really want to remain positive and support a franchise I've loved since the beginning, but it feels like we're paying (still or again) to fix a game that was released incomplete to begin with. I think I'll wait for the sims 5. Maybe EA will give Maxis the time it needs to release the entire game. Then again, maybe not :p
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @catloverplayer can you ask them on Twitter if they will fix it? You might get a response.
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    They are gonna fix it in a patch.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Please excuse me for being skeptical but there seem be a number of outside factors affecting whether the hot tub is fun or not but my observations indicate that the hot tub is not in itself intrinsically fun.

I've been trained as a scientist so maybe I'm a bit more observant than most. Let's do a scientific experiment here. Place a hot tub straight from build/buy. Eliminate any variables that might cause fun such as music playing in the background, other sims, television playing within sight of the hot tub. Instruct one sim whose fun is in the orange to sit in the hot tub. Switch to the sims motive panel and observe. Which motive bars move and in what direction.

Repeat the above in the Sims 1, 2 and 3 if you have them.

Let me know what you have observed.

@Moon_Willow we don't need crazy expirements at this time of the day. If you don't like the hot tubs for whatever reason that is your opinion, glad you shared it.

The fun bar is getting fixed in the next patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited June 2015
    The welcome comity does not work in my game. I was moving Sims into the new houses I built in Newcrest. At the first house the timer came up but when I clicked on the Sim at the door I selected greet new neighbors or whatever and my Sim waved at me alerting me that she could not do it and the game canceled the action. It's happened 3 times at 3 different houses with different Sims. I have no CC or mods at this time.
    EDIT:
    Crap ... I had two tabs open ... wrong thread. This is about patios.
  • KarenKaren Posts: 29 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks that hot tubs should have came in a free patch? :)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Karen wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that hot tubs should have came in a free patch? :)

LGR and others including me agree with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9j7CBrOrQ