Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trouble with the Store?

I've been trying all morning to buy a simpoint bundle but it wont complete the transaction, it just refreshes the page when I hit 'Order and Pay'.
I've checked the billing info and it is current so that isn't it. I do get the message "A system error has occurred, please try again later".

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue and for how long.

One thing I think might be off is wasn't there a box to check to agree to this "I understand that this purchase is subject to the Digital Services Agreement that I’ve previously accepted and that I am providing my information to EA in the United States, subject to EA Privacy Policy. "? I don't see that anymore, it's been a while since I bought points but I thought there was a box to check.

Comments

• ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    This has always been my problem, going back years. I was never able to directly buy points from the store, instead had to get the points cards. The page just refreshed in a loop whenever you tried to place the order. It's a very frustrating glitch.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Thanks for replying @Scrapdash. I will not buy the cards, stubborn I guess. I have bought from the store for years without a single problem, I hope they don't stop tending the site and close the store before I can get all I want out of it. :(

• jesseofthenorthjesseofthenorth Posts: 4 New Member
    I had this problem several months ago. I contacted EA via customer support chat and when that didn't work I asked to have it forwarded to the next level for investigation. It took a couple of days but eventually someone from EA support contacted me via phone, I explained the problem and they fixed it. I have been happily spending money like a crazy person ever since.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Have you tried another browser? In the past I've had problems with Firefox (or some of the addons I have, not sure what the issue was). I switched to Opera or Chrome (just because I won't use IE) to purchase the actual simpoints, then back to Firefox to use the simpoints.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi @TreyNutz I use Firefox by default, and that wasn't working so I did check in IE - which I never use, and that didn't work. I don't have Chrome on this computer yet but I will install that later and give it a try. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Thank you for replying @jesseofthenorth, I hope it doesn't come to having to call CS! Glad it worked for you. :)