Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! With YouTube

niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
So ive been searching the world wide webs of the internets, and what im trying to figure out is, How do I create an awesome personalised custom YouTube intro for my videos? I found a couple sites to make them on, but you have to pay to use them. Ive seen some really cute intros on other simmers Youtube channels...

Comments

• SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Ah, I was hoping I might be able to help because I run a youtube channel (not for TS though).

Generally for all my stuff I actually make it in PowerDirector (although I don't have any 3D style animations), which really isn't what you're after. My only tip would be to keep it short and sweet, and possibly make a longer one for the channel intro.

Hopefully someone can recommend some sites or free software that'll do a good job for you. I also get the feeling that some youtube channels have had a fan who enjoyed graphics design / modelling and has jumped in and offered a freebie - could be worth rubbing some elblows :)
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    SpidersWeb wrote: »

Hopefully someone can recommend some sites or free software that'll do a good job for you. I also get the feeling that some youtube channels have had a fan who enjoyed graphics design / modelling and has jumped in and offered a freebie - could be worth rubbing some elblows :)

Thanks for the tip! And yes ive been watching a few tutorials on intro making for YouTube. Ive come to find many people using Blender (which looks like it would take forever) and many others using this site called Panzoid that looks simple enough but very generic.
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Hmm, I've wondered this myself, I had a friend who had Sony Vegas and he made me an intro for my channel AGES ago. Other than that, I'm totally unhelpful. Sorry! I tend to just use a splash screen at the start of my videos and leave it at that! I hope you find what you're looking for :)
    untitled-1.png

Whats a Splash Screen?

Downloading Adobe After Effects now so I can download a free intro template and edit it with my name.