The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read this before you purchase Perfect Patio Stuff.

I bought the stuff pack today. Most of the clothing and objects are nice enough although what is with EA's obsession with crop tops and plunging below the nipple line necklines. And why do they choose the most drab and boring colour option as the default option for the object, it means when people post pictures of the new content the objects look drab and uninteresting.

But the object I was most look forward to was the hot tub.

My teen arrived home from school stressed out and needing fun so I sent her out to the hot tub to relax and enjoy herself. Her fun bar sunk further into the red. Her mother came home from work so I sent her out to the hot tub just in case her daughter's was an age related thing. Nope, she didn't enjoy it either. She got out and went to watch the television before I could get a screenshot of her fun bar going down.

In every other iteration of the Sims the hot tub has been a fun place for stressed out sims to hangout either on their own or with other sims but in the Sims 4 it is nothing but a couch filled with water. They don't gain any fun, they would rather watch the cooking channel.

I want my money back.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sorry this happened, though it is possible its a bug that can I'm sure be easily addressed. If not mods are always handy with such things. Now if you dont use mods and you cant wait for a bug fix and you still want your money back it's only Customer service that can give you your money back so click on the link below HELP, good luck
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Personally I think people should hold off purchasing this stuff pack until this is fixed.
    tsNVdyA.png

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2015
    I personally don't really think too much about what others should do with their money I can only control mine. It's good to report the problem I've seen another posted thread on the topic and after that I just think it's too personal to worry about
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I hope it's only a glitch and it will be fixed with a future patch. I still can't purchase the game, I don't know why the hell the same error message keeps appearing, I'm so mad right now. :s
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I guess that's why you upgrade it with a stereo ;)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2015
    Too late! That's the first thing I did today. I'm actually happy with this pack and will be using this stuff.

In every sims game the clothes and stuff relates to what ever is most popular IRL. I noticed that too about hot tubs but possible to be patched in. Maybe they just forgot about it like they forgot about family trees.. That was obviously patched in later because duh, people noticed. *queue eye roll*
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    You shouldn't have to upgrade the hot tub to make it fun

Music raises fun no matter where you are listening to it. You would probably get the same effect if you placed a stereo next to the hot tub. The fun is coming from the music not the hot tub. Might as well save your money and put a comfy sofa and stereo out by the pool.
    tsNVdyA.png

• ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    same with me, i put my whole family of 8, ranging from adults, teens and children in the hottub, the last a few sim seconds and all got out and scattered to the tv and computers
    you're ele-phantastic
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the heads up. I have always bought everything sim released though I think I will hold off on this stuff pack. I'm not interested in an object that drives off of the silly emotion system. . .especially if it does not work like its intended to.
  • edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    They will fix this problem soon, they will add +Happy mood for sure with an upgrade maybe(as they always do)
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    They will fix this problem soon, they will add +Happy mood for sure with an upgrade maybe(as they always do)

Yeah they will fix it. . . .the point is why is it released if it's not working properly in the first place lol.
  • edaercangs96edaercangs96 Posts: 214 Member
    Haiden wrote: »

Yeah they will fix it. . . .the point is why is it released if it's not working properly in the first place lol.

Haha as I said, they always do that and I wonder why
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    That s a glitch but someone needs to mention it in the bug thread or to the gurus on Twitter so they 'll know about it.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The hot tub not giving fun is not a glitch. If it were stated in the description of the hot tub that it provided 'Fun' with a number, like it does Hygiene 3 and Environment 4 and it did not provide 'fun', then that would be a glitch. It seems to be by design that the hot tub itself is not meant to provide fun. It seems very intentional.
  • Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I bought the stuff pack today. Most of the clothing and objects are nice enough although what is with EA's obsession with crop tops and plunging below the nipple line necklines. And why do they choose the most drab and boring colour option as the default option for the object, it means when people post pictures of the new content the objects look drab and uninteresting.

My teen arrived home from school stressed out and needing fun so I sent her out to the hot tub to relax and enjoy herself. Her fun bar sunk further into the red. Her mother came home from work so I sent her out to the hot tub just in case her daughter's was an age related thing. Nope, she didn't enjoy it either. She got out and went to watch the television before I could get a screenshot of her fun bar going down.

In every other iteration of the Sims the hot tub has been a fun place for stressed out sims to hangout either on their own or with other sims but in the Sims 4 it is nothing but a couch filled with water. They don't gain any fun, they would rather watch the cooking channel.

I want my money back.

I love plunging necklines i want more of them lol and im gay so thats saying something.
    The hot tub not giving fun is not a glitch. If it were stated in the description of the hot tub that it provided 'Fun' with a number, like it does Hygiene 3 and Environment 4 and it did not provide 'fun', then that would be a glitch. It seems to be by design that the hot tub itself is not meant to provide fun. It seems very intentional.

All the more reason to regret my purchase.
    tsNVdyA.png

• cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Well if it's intentional that's seems very silly. Why don't you try simguruDrake @Moon_Willow to check if it's a bug.
    cherpar wrote: »
    Well if it's intentional that's seems very silly. Why don't you try simguruDrake @Moon_Willow to check if it's a bug.

I really do think it is intentional, I mean, you don't see in the product description of a chair that it satisfies hunger, right? You don't see in the description of the hot tub that it is meant to satisfy fun either. If it said "Fun +5" and your sim got zero fun out of it, THAT would be a glitch.

How it is now is a design choice. Not the best one, but intentional. Doesn't mean they can't 'fix' it though, just that it isn't broken.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited June 2015

All the more reason to regret my purchase.

Well the hot tub thing stinks. I guess the plan is to make us upgrade for fun, bUT as others have said it should be fun from the jump. Then upgrades should make it more fun. I don't know who makes these decisions over at EA xis, but they should not be in the position to make these decisions because they are cleary not equipped to be making decisions for the sims.

Edit...wow the filter changed E.A.x.i.s.

Yes the upgrades should enhance the fun the sims gets from the hot tub they shouldn't the sole source of fun.
    tsNVdyA.png

So do the upgrades actually make the hot tub fun or is the fun coming from the stereo?
    My guess is that the fun is coming from the stereo.
    tsNVdyA.png

• bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    My Sims are snobs and they just love being in the hot tub!
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

I want my money back.

If I promise to send you $10 bucks will you stop posting about hot tub fun in every hot tub thread? ;)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited June 2015
    I still prefer a hot tub over a sofa circle. With multi-tasking I don't see why it matters if the hot tub itself gives fun or not.