Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack, Patio's and Pools???

Where the heck is the diving board???
I basically paid $10.49+tax for a cotdamn hot tub? unreal. You fail again ts4, just when I had higher hopes for you. UGHHH
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    No lawn chairs either.

Get a refund...
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    $10.95. That's lunch at the Cheesecake Factory!
    Cheesecake Factory > Sims 4 SP with A hot tub
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    meeoun wrote: »

I really don't like such comparisons. There are also meals more expensive than the base... doesn't mean the full price for the base isn't too much for what's offered.
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

Yeah but your meal will be over and digested in a matter of hours and I'll still be playing the game.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Why did you buy it without checking what's in it? Would you buy a meal without checking if it comes with fries?
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Why did you buy it without checking what's in it? Would you buy a meal without checking if it comes with fries?

Depends on whose label is on the packet.
    If it said EA, I'd probably let my friends buy it first and then re-evaluate later.

But I think ten bucks.... bah for the amount of game-play and mod shenanigans I'll have with that hot tub... I'm in.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    I am enjoying the game pack! I have one super romantic couple and they played in the hot tub all day. They really enjoyed the skinny dip feature and I haven't even tried aromatherapy. She looks so cute in the cover-up style suit. I also like the new décor that came with the pack. However, I'm not crazy about either of the hairstyles. Overall, it was worth the money to me.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    I normally don't go in the SP forum so i won't rain on anyone's parade, but i just have to say it here in feedback:
    It's not ok if EA sells us base game items and use them in a way to ensure we consider buying SPs this time around, because they act like they invented the wheel with "new gameplay elements".
    Doesn't matter if TS3 already did it, it was cash grab back then (at least in a milder form, since they weren't the main selling point than), and it's even more so now in a game that has been lackluster from day one.

ETA: Man.. grammar fail XD
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
  • sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    I normally don't go in the SP forum so i won't rain on anyone's parade, but i just have to say it here in feedback:
    It's not ok if EA sells us base game items and use them in a way to ensure we consider buying SPs this time around, because they act like they invented the wheel with "new gameplay elements".
    Doesn't matter if TS3 already did it, it was cash grab back then (at least in a milder form, since they weren't the main selling point than), and it's even more so now in a game that has been lackluster from day one.

ETA: Men.. grammar fail XD

This is so true. If they are to sell anything, they should put something new in it. Even if they did pets more than once, at least have the decency to put in horses.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Where the heck is the diving board???
    I basically paid $10.49+tax for a cotdamn hot tub? unreal. You fail again ts4, just when I had higher hopes for you. UGHHH

Hum...there is a "My Packs" feature that let's you see the content of the pack...don't put the blame on EA if you are mad because you bought the pack thinking it had diving boards when you could perfectly see what's in it.

Also diving boards should be free IMO.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Hum, Ok, Well.. It still does not make any sense to me that they would make a 'patio' stuff pack advertising fun backyard activities. Yes, diving boards should be free, I thought for sure they would have been included in this pack. Im sure there will be more SP's to buy with outdoor themed items - Extra things I don't need, like more butt-ugly bathing suits and maybe some different shades of gray rocks for the garden... I can see it now.. "The Sims 4 Summer Fun Pack!" Including Rocks and a Beachball! -decoration- because your not getting any extra animations for less then $30.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Yeah, you can't rely on the ads for content because IMO the marketers consistently misrepresent it to purposely make you believe you can do things with it that you can't. It's been this way since TS3. Just sayin'.

The other thing is, it's a Stuff Pack. Traditionally SPs don't contain gameplay items at all, but now that they're blurring the lines between SPs, GPs, and EPs I'm not surprised that people have higher expectations. But in the past, we wouldn't have gotten anything that required new animations such as the hot tub in a stuff pack.

I think there is a pool party GP coming up and I am hoping that it will contain more interactive items like a diving board, pool slide, and lounge chairs.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hum, Ok, Well.. It still does not make any sense to me that they would make a 'patio' stuff pack advertising fun backyard activities. Yes, diving boards should be free, I thought for sure they would have been included in this pack. Im sure there will be more SP's to buy with outdoor themed items - Extra things I don't need, like more butt-ugly bathing suits and maybe some different shades of gray rocks for the garden... I can see it now.. "The Sims 4 Summer Fun Pack!" Including Rocks and a Beachball! -decoration- because your not getting any extra animations for less then $30.

Sorry it didn't pan out for you. :disappointed: Is the hot tub any good?

Next time, if you don't want to waste your money, do what I do: Wait for the things to be released, then look at Sims VIP or Carl's Sims websites for information and pics of the stuff found in Sims EP's/GP's/SP's. It's how I decide what expansion pack, world, or stuff pack to buy for Sims 3 (and now, Sims 4, though maybe not much).

For example:

http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-perfect-patio-stuff-guide/

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/perfectpatio/

Usually, I check SimsVIP more often for pics and info. (Both SimsVIP and Carl's are pro-TS4 sites, so if you want to have some positive chats about Sims 4, their forums and comments section may be useful in providing info. )
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)