Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Add Extra Trait(s)

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Do any of you feel like 3 traits just isn't enough for a Sim? I feel like they should add at least another trait or two. What are your thoughts on this?

Extras:

We should have a larger variety of traits to choose from. Not just through DLCs, but if EA feels generous enough, free patches. ;)
wB2Zykl.jpg
Post edited by Hestia on

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Agreed
    even Babies should be able to acquire at least 1 trait. (Toddlers get 2 slots), children get 3, Teens get 4, Young Adults get 5, and Adults and elders get 6 slots.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScreeniesimmerScreeniesimmer Posts: 55 Member
    I totally agree! I would love it if the sim got like 2 more traits. It would be pretty nice if you could get traits for doing something, like when you cook a meal perfectly 10 times you get the trait foodie? <3
  • Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    Yeah, totally agree as well. I liked the TS3 trait system much better. Also @Screeniesimmer - I love your idea! That way we could really develop the Sims' personalities, I'd like that.
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I second this. :D
  • Options
    Bumblebee26200Bumblebee26200 Posts: 239 Member
    Yeah, totally agree as well. I liked the TS3 trait system much better. Also @Screeniesimmer - I love your idea! That way we could really develop the Sims' personalities, I'd like that.

But don't we already do that through aspirations and rewards? I'm not saying I disagree, because I think sims should start with at least one extra trait and we should be given a lot more to choose from, but I play with my sim life span set to long and my teenager has like six traits already just through aspirations and rewards.
  • Options
    SimmerForLife101SimmerForLife101 Posts: 61 Member
    Agreed, I don't know why they went backwards with this. It should've been at the very least 5 trait slots, plus maybe even 1 or 2 more (sometimes I felt like even 5 traits wasn't enough in Sims 3 with all expansion packs).
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Agreed. They should've left it at being able to choose five traits at the start. I wish someone could mod that in.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    thesimmerzoethesimmerzoe Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2015
    I agree, but I honestly feel like first they need to add a bigger variety of traits. We barely have any to use, and I know the game hasn't came out with many expansion/game packs yet, but it's hard for me to choose traits when there aren't that many that make up an interesting personality.
    i like dogs and the sims 2

origin: zoeleilanii
    twitter: zoelikesdogs
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Yes I agree a bigger varity would be nice.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Agreed
    even Babies should be able to acquire at least 1 trait. (Toddlers get 2 slots), children get 3, Teens get 4, Young Adults get 5, and Adults and elders get 6 slots.

This!!! I think if they added in the zodiac and favorites like they had in TS3 would be awesome as well.

• Options
    ScreeniesimmerScreeniesimmer Posts: 55 Member
    @Bumblebee26200 Yeah I thought 'bout that... I realised that it is almost the same. I totally agree that we should have more traits, because you can't really create a real personality. And asparation goals are really tricky too, because it's only a few of them who really have a fun and chararestic theme to it...
  • Options
    Diet CokeDiet Coke Posts: 66 Member
    No trait limits.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes, I want more traits. 3 is not enough and there is slim pickings. None were added with OR or GTW. I don't use half of what is in game as it is so that really cuts in to the diversity.
  • Options
    I agree, but I honestly feel like first they need to add a bigger variety of traits. We barely have any to use, and I know the game hasn't came out with many expansion/game packs yet, but it's hard for me to choose traits when there aren't that many that make up an interesting personality.

We definitely need a larger variety of traits! I expected to have a lot more than just one added trait in the Get To Work expansion.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    agreeing, would like to see this.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    3 seems fine for now, given the small selection of traits we have to choose from. Hopefully they will add more traits and then more slots would make sense to me
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    Bumblebee26200Bumblebee26200 Posts: 239 Member
    @Bumblebee26200 Yeah I thought 'bout that... I realised that it is almost the same. I totally agree that we should have more traits, because you can't really create a real personality. And asparation goals are really tricky too, because it's only a few of them who really have a fun and chararestic theme to it...

Yeah I think we need more specific traits, like how we got supernatural lover/sceptic in ts3. I know we don't have those types of expansions yet but it would be nice to see them branch out beyond the generic traits.
  • Options
    WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    MOAR traits. Yes please. I feel like I can't make my Sims diverse enough with just 3 traits, and I love to make their personalities as unique as possible.
    untitled-1.png

• Options
    Montana0624Montana0624 Posts: 46 Member
    I'd be happy with a system where sims end up with 5 traits, I feel like after that its a bit overkill. Main traits that is, not the aspiration and rewards traits. This is also just my own personal preference of course. I think if they added toddlers they could get two traits which would bring it up to 5. I also agree that we need a lot more traits to choose from, I feel like there's only a few different personality types I can play and all my sims just end up feeling the same.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't need 5, I just want more variety. I'm getting several with main 3 trait combinations I already had.
    I just wished they added more traits in GTW, too. At least one?
    I mean, I loved Squeamish when I got it with OR but it loses its spark after a while.
    The extra traits gained from aspiration points are neat, but they're only really small resistances and small things you could live without. It'd actually be cool if townies had extra traits as well, so they're not just a normal creative/insane/loner, they're a creative/insane/loner who doesn't need sleep and doesn't get tense, etc... So if they ever marry into the family they have a nice twist to them... at least for a while until you realize they're all the same and then things get bland again LOL
  • Options
    LifestyleSimLifestyleSim Posts: 159 Member
    Also favorites need to come back!
  • Options
    @LifestyleSim If favorites come back they need to at least affect the Sim. In The Sims 3, favorite colors, food and music didn't affect Sims - such as a reaction to eating favorite food / listening to their favorite tunes / wearing or seeing favorite colors.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Looking for more feedback! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    I think 3 is enough, with such limited choice right now it feels like the right amount to have.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Do the traits really make a difference? In my experience, the answer is no, but I'd be curious to hear if others experience something different. My Active Sims don't spontaneously work out even when they have access to a fully equipped home gym. My Art Lover Sims don't spontaneously View Art or paint. I had a house with 12 easels (it was part of a test I was running) and not one of them was used spontaneously, not even by the Art Lover Sim. My Music Lover Sims don't play instruments. And so on and so forth.

Probably the worst insult to injury with traits is my Neat Sims. I had a house of 8, which included 3 Neat Sims. This was during one of my Autonomy Tests, so I didn't clean; I wanted to see what THEY would do. There were no slobs, but over the course of a week, virtually every flat surface contained a stinking bowl of garbage. The tubs and toilets were also grungy. Although the house became filthy dirty, it was only cleaned once and then, it was only cleaned about 25%. The only effect of the Neat trait was that the Neat Sims got more uncomfortable around messes than did the non-Neat Sims. However, they did virtually nothing autonomously to alleviate their discomfort.

Until I can see where the traits actually add something to gameplay, I don't care if they add 50 of them.