March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    The "Game On" one looks like fun. Link me please, @LilacErin love to see some examples.

http://ultimatemafia.boards.net/board/4/mafia-games

Here are all the games we've played. There are quite a few examples of all the different set ups and roles. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

They're quite long games so I wouldn't recommend reading the whole thing, but they're amazingly fun. And you have to be sneaky, manipulative and clever which makes it interesting.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Thanks, will check it out.

• PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    II'm a bit sad to see the beginners competition go to be honest, but I think a fresh start would be great after everything that's happened.
    I would like to add that I would be grateful, not sure about everyone else, if you had the time for feedback on the last entries we did. I find it frustrating that when competitions just end and all the hard work we did for that round gets forgotten.

I know I'm quiet around here but I do read everything you put up in the tutorials and your commitment to this is amazing @MizoreYukii <3
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    Awesomesauce, Mizzie :3
    If you want me to help with anything, hmu.
    Can't stop, won't stop.
    edited October 2016
    I agree with @Pebblycat for a fresh start (I voted this anyway) and to get that last lot of feedback.

• BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I would love to participate in the Halloween event and play fun and spooky games and really just add that Halloween vibe around here, I'm down!

Love all the ideas you've shared, especially the AHS one. I am completely supportive and would love for any of those to happen!

Thanks for caring so much about everyone and for going the extra mile, Mizzie. We all appreciate you and the hard work you do around here <3
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    Sorry that I am a little late to reply, but I just read the updates. Thank you for posting updates and tutorials!
    The Halloween Party sounds really fun!
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Updates:
    • Included an extra sentence in Part 1 of Setting Up Your Game, near the bookmarking each CC section, about keeping your sims backed up, and if you have the space, keep your CC backed up.
    • In Part 1 and 2: Did a few word changes here and there, and I also just realized you don't need to be a member to download poseplayer, so removed the sentence that registration was required.
    • In Part 2: Added a sentence and some extra words to the background section to explain that if you are using the polygonal lasso tool, paths tool, or pen tool, you don't need to worry about which background you are using since you are manually removing the background. The background guidelines still apply to one click methods though (such as the color picker tool, wand tool, selection, etc.).

Working on replies now (pms too). Haven't had a chance to do much since I was doing nothing but studying and exams last week. :grimace:
    Oh fudge! I thought I posted my reply. I am sorry about that! Editing it now so it's relevant.

@LilacErin Thank you for offering to help! In the end I didn't get a chance to set it up as I ran out of time, but I would love to host one for another party. I'll contact you soon for more info.
    And it really is a good series, I highly suggest reading it if you like romance, strong female characters, and some comedy. xD Plus a very interesting plot!
    And I'm glad someone likes the Body Art one, but it doesn't seem to have much interest at the moment. We'll have to see!

@Jendowoz0612 It definitely seems to be the choice for majority. Thanks for checking on the update! Should have the comp poll up in a bit. Got swept up into the party and forgot to post it!

@Pebblycat I am too, but there wouldn't be anyway to continue with so few numbers. And as I already announced, definitely giving feedback on the entries when we get the chance. I hate when it happens too, or even worse is when the comp is in the finale or pre-finale and the comp gets closed! I had that happen twice and was very frustrated. :(

Thank you! I hope to see you around more, I love your work (especially for the beginner's comp!). :3

@Neverfalle Thank you for the offer! I forgot you had offered to help, I would have messaged you if I had remembered. I'm so ditzy sometimes. xD

@BobSkellington I hope you join in now that thread is up. xD I just saw your thread, will share my pictures there too!
    Also, glad you like the comp ideas! Now my goal is to just convince you to join them when they open. :tongue:;)

Awww, thank you hun :blush:<3 Even if no one else feels the same, I'm just happy to spread cheer and help where I can.

@Eliavah @wbombje Thank you for checking the announcement out! :smiley:
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Just saw the cloning stamp tool tutorials/help!! I've been using it slightly, but I do mess up sometimes, these tutorials are really helpful! Will probably look over them again when/if I try the clone tool again! XD. I've just been doing it my own way, lol, but it's come out slightly weird or messy before xD.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

edited March 2017
    Updated the front page with an updated list of what I am currently working on.
    I am currently working on:
    ~ Hair drawing by hand tutorial
    ~ Updating combining images tutorial (for better quality and bigger sizes)
    ~ How I do my B&W photos *request*
    ~ Extremely basic clothes drawing *request*
    ~ Creating editing breakdowns for a few photos of mine *request*
    ~ Finishing A1 and Updating A2 when I can (low priority atm)
    My list doesn't include tutorials from others. Still waiting on at least 1 from a friend.
    Updated the Setting Up Your Game tutorial with the newest link to the Teleport Any Sim mod.

And once I'm done with school (about two months left), I will be working to finish the tutorials currently listed as my WIP, then go from there to finish the Beginner tutorials. If you would like to request a tutorial before I get busy with the Beginner ones, please do so ahead of time so I can work it into the schedule.
    Updates:
    • I am almost done with a few of the tutorials. I hope to get them up soon.
    • The Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp tutorials and topics/weeks have been completely readjusted for future launch.
      I am updating the layout/schedule for the Beginner’s comp so that the weeks (aka tutorial rounds) are spread out and adjusted. Previously, Week 1 and Week 2 were chock full of tutorials while the last 3 weeks were practically empty. I've found a new way to categorize several of these tutorials, which will spread them out better. This should also keep beginner's from being overwhelmed at the amount of tutorials available.
      I have also decided to skip, or at least alter, the “effects” week. I no longer plan on putting tutorials, like how to do fire, up because as I’ve mentioned to a few people before, effects are one of the most common tutorials you will ever find. A simple Google search will bring up hundreds compared to the lack of sim and modeling, blending, etc. tutorials. So I will only be focusing on what is needed. I do plan on doing a couple of tutorials that fit the “effect” category, but they’ll be ones based on what I’ve done in my photos (like the glass part of my gumball machine and the B&W effect).
    • I am taking the time to split some of the combined tutorials (contains both Gimp/PS information). This way I can be more specific, give more/better tips, keep the thread more organized, etc.
    • I am also almost finished with my first advanced tutorial.
    • Because of the last two points, I will be updating the front page with new banners/sections so that I may properly organize the tutorials. I will do this around the time I am about to launch the new material.
    Sounds like you've been working hard, @MizoreYukii I'm sure they will be very helpful to simmers of all abilities. Thank you.

Sounds like you've been working hard, @MizoreYukii I'm sure they will be very helpful to simmers of all abilities. Thank you.

I hope they are!
    edited May 2017
    Updates:
    • There is currently a glitch on the forum where font color and size no longer work. Because of this, the front page and the tutorials are odd looking. While everything is still functional, this is inconvenient since I'm working and occasionally need to test stuff when doing formatting. Lol
    • I have added another tutorial to my Currently Working On section, How to Pose Your Sims. So now whenever that question pops up again, just direct them to the tutorial. It will cover tips on posing, terms to search for when on Google, how to use the statue properly (including for group poses), dealing with furniture/heights, etc. It should be released when the others release (and will go nicely with the bigger and better quality tutorial).
    Updates:
    • I have also added Making Transparent Backgrounds as something I am working on. I forgot to label it in my documents, so I forget I was working on it (despite already making a section for it and working on it last week)! :joy: It will cover how to make transparent applications/images. I've seen quite a few people say they have trouble with it still, and I know this question always comes up with new models too, so better to make a tutorial for it finally.
    Updates:
    • I realized a few days ago that just doing a hair drawing tutorial, without discussing the alternative/precursor, was a bad idea, so I have started working on a hair stranding tutorial as well.
    • Despite adding more to my plate, I'm making progress! I just finished a tutorial earlier today (give or take a few add ons for later). I have a long weekend and hope to get all these tutorials up by the end of it. If not all of them, majority. I'm iffy on one of them, but the rest are all going smoothly. If a tutorial doesn't make it into this batch, I'll make sure it makes it into the next one, though I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.
    • Font sizes are still broken, but font color is back! Embed systems seem to be working too. I didn't check for a Twitter embed, but Youtube is working at least.
    edited May 2017
    I'm sure you have a list of links to the different tutorials, Mizz, but this is such a huge thread, could you possibly copy/paste them in this latest page, so we can direct people to them when we come across your updates, which you have here? Or are they all updated on page 1? :)

@Jendowoz0612 If you mean where the finished tutorial is, it is not up yet, which is why there is no link. What I meant is that I finished writing it, but still need to finalize the pictures, links, etc. (the add ons I mentioned). I apologize for that, I should have been more clear. I will be releasing the tutorials as a group with a list of other important updates, and one of those updates will include links to the new tutorials.

If that is not what you meant, I apologize again for not understanding.
    @MizoreYukii

No need to apologize, Mizzie, just wanted to keep up with the updates so if the opportunity arises I can steer people to your tutes. Let me know when they're up and I'll book mark them.

edited June 2017
    Updates:
    • I was finally able to locate a NoBlu(e) mod for outdoor lighting! If you have the other NoBlu mod installed for the inside of buildings, please download this mod as well to fix your outdoor lighting. In other words, Tutorial 1 - Setting Up Your Game (S4 Edition) - Part 1 has been updated with this new mod, and is placed under Part 3: Mods, Section 2: Lighting and Quality Mods. Installing can be a bit confusing if you own more than the base game worlds. If you need help, please post here. I will update the tutorial with detailed instructions on how to install the mods, if you own a Game Pack world or an Expansion Pack world, later.

For now, follow her instructions for the Base Game worlds folder. Then, place the Base Game files into the folder she indicated. Go back to the "Sims 4" folder (before you clicked on "Data") and there you will see several folders marked as EP01, EP02, GP01, GP02, SP01, etc. All of these folders represent the packs you own, and the order they were released. This means EP01 is Get to Work, EP02 is Get Together, GP01 is Outdoor Retreat, etc. Click on whichever pack is next for you (such as EP01), click on "Worlds", then "Areas", then you will arrive at a similar folder to the base game worlds. Copy and paste the data for the correct world into this folder, then repeat for the other worlds you own. If you get confused, just read the names of the items in the folder, and the items in your mod download, they are labeled/written the same!
      The second mod we will cover is actually three mods because they are meant to be used together. The NoGlo mod and the NoBlu mods will vastly improve your lighting. The NoBlu mod changes the indoor lighting to a white instead of the EA blue, making lighting more natural for photos. Regardless if you build a set or just take pictures in your photoshoot room, you will definitely want this mod. Now the NoGlo mod goes with the NoBlu mod because it removes the glow from your sims body in-game and objects (much like the CAS one). This glow is unnatural and looks odd, but now you can remove it to improve your photos. The NoGlo mod also has an optional eye specular remover and honestly, using it is up to you, because eye shine can be good for some shots and not for others. Next is the NoBlu mod for outdoor shots. For some reason the indoor lighting is separated from the outdoor lighting, so the first NoBlu mod won't affect the outside lighting. This last mod will take care of that for all the current worlds.
      Download the indoor NoBlu mod
      Download the NoGlo mod
      Download the outdoor NoBlu mod (It says Willow Creek on the page, but the download includes all worlds.)
    • I also updated the links to several other mods, in the same tutorial as above, that have become outdated, or improved. I listed the part and section they are located at in each quote, then bolded so you know which one is new. (Only in the update post, of course.) This is for Tutorial 1 - Setting Up Your Game (S4 Edition) - Part 1.
      Found the correct link for new releases for S4pe.
      Part 2: Extra Programs
      Next is s4pe, which is very useful when you can’t figure out which cc is which (some creators never name things appropriately), and as I said above it allows you to merge your CC to make your game run faster.
      S4pe Latest Version
      The Shortcuts mod has been updated by another user to include new cheats. The old one works fine at the moment, but I recommend downloading the new one just in case.
      Part 3: Mods
      Section 1: Improvement Mods
      Download the Cheat Shortcuts Mod
      Download updated Cheat Shortcuts Mod (This one includes the new cheats + toddler cheats. The old shortcut mod works fine with the new updates. Pick and choose only one Shortcut mod!)
      Download Cheater Mod
    • This one is for the Tutorial 1 - Setting Up Your Game (S4 Edition) - Part 2.
      Part 3: Mods
      Section 4: Miscellaneous Mods
      Lastly, the Less Smiling facial overlay. It keeps the model from smiling too much while in game and during certain moods. For older poses that haven’t been updated for the jaw joint improvements, this should keep the model from smiling like a maniac while doing model or serious poses. I myself don’t use it, but here it is in case that situation arises where you do need it.
      Download Facial Overlays Less Smiling Mod
    edited June 2017
    Updates: