Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• MinstrelMinstrel Posts: 126 Member
    @Minstrel if you don't mind

All sorted:) My original post is edited with a new image of Circe, hope this one is alright? It isn't entirely blue but I'm hoping it still counts as a 'blue' dress. Going to get to work on the first assignment now!

Oh dear, I'm so sorry! I've also realised that the hair was supposed to be up for the body shot! I was getting all confused because her hair is so short in the close-up that I counted it as up and then did the body shot with hair down. I'll fix that as well once I've done my mock. Sorry for making such a mess of things :/
    Mock

Bringing fashion to the gym. I wanted to do something a bit abstract, and no one had done anything gym related so I thought I'd give it a shot. Circe is here taking a break from an intense workout to stare at the hot guy across the gym.

TuPEdtX.jpg

I'm not very good with the technical stuff yet, so the tones aren't very well matched. Also the perspectives aren't very good either.

What I did was take a picture of Circe in CAS, cut her out using the magic wand in CS. The I added some more layers, and took action shots of sims in-game. I cut these out using the magic wand tool, with help from the quick selection tool and polygonal lasso, and put them onto their respective layers. I had to flip the image of the woman using the punching bag. Finally I added in a stock image of a gym from google as the base layer. The image looks a bit bland at the moment, but I'm hoping this comp will help me get better and making my pictures a bit more vibrant :)
  • PurpleKenzie19PurpleKenzie19 Posts: 79 Member
    edited June 2015
    Mock

06-30-15_2-38nbspPM_zpsrkb3v2fe.png
    I started with this photo.
    Next I cut my sim out of the background and pasted her onto another background.
    I erased part of her hair and if you notice by her hip, part of her dress is missing, I filled it in.
    I found that the grow button under the Selection tab in Gimp helped me get rid of the white outline better.
    Lastly I uploaded to picmonkey to add some cool effects.

Sarah loves to travel the world and just recently visited a National Park in Ireland.
    wicklow-and-glendalough-54_zps4hejokay.jpg
    Edit: Can't type
    large-4.gif
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    WHOOOOOO! *Runs around* Internet! And not a bad one either. :D

@Minstrel I also forgot to say that large images are fine, and actually perfect for modeling. Keeping it below 2k, so about 1500 or lower, is usually a good marker. Also, it's okayyyyy! Don't worry about it xD Just remember to check the requirements (or write them down) whenever you go into the game or editing. This helps remind you so you don't have to keep redoing stuff. ;) I usually keep the page open so I can refer to the requirements and the example whenever I need to.

@PurpleKenzie19 OMG! I totally forgot about the grow selection! I'm sorry! I haven't slept well the past few days. :sweat_smile: I knew I was forgetting something the other day when I was fiddling with Gimp.
    Alright, I think I added everything I needed too. Let me know if there are any mistakes!

Also, if you change your program, just let me know. I like my organization atm. :P

@JesxSims I know you had some issues come up, but just asking and reminding you in case you forgot. Are you going to apply for the prizes or are you going to just pop in when you can?
  • JesxSimsJesxSims Posts: 526 Member
    Alright, I think I added everything I needed too. Let me know if there are any mistakes!

Also, if you change your program, just let me know. I like my organization atm. :P

@JesxSims I know you had some issues come up, but just asking and reminding you in case you forgot. Are you going to apply for the prizes or are you going to just pop in when you can?

I'll just stop by as often as I can :) Good luck everyone competing!
  • AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    If you guys want to see some editing and drawing you should check out this video. Pretty epic!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYuuZYRHVjw

oh my llama/god/gosh/glob/whateverwordyouprefer
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • ayedenayeden Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hopefully this isn't too large. If it is I will figure out how to resize it without making it too small and horrible quality.
    Model Application:
    Preferred name: Ayeden
    What editing program do you think you will use?: Photoshop CS2/Photoshop Elements
    Preferred model’s name: Claire
    Headshot:
    claire%20headshot2.png
    Bodyshot:
    claire%20full%20body.png

ETA: And they did post big. Will work on getting it resized and post the mock
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I'm going to get my entry in for your comp too Mizzie! I kind of bit off more than I can chew with all these comps, but I can help myself! They're so fun! Lol Is just the entry due tomorrow or the first assignment as well?
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
    @LeslieM25 You don't have to join the normal competition itself as it's an open competition, so if you think you're really crunched for time you can just peek in when I post a new assignment and decide if you want to participate or not. Sign ups are really only for those who want to be here from Day 1 and possibly want a prize at the end. ^_^
    But to answer your question, both of them are due tomorrow but I'm allowing extensions for anyone who needs them (and the extensions won't count towards the normal comp).
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    @LeslieM25 You don't have to join the normal competition itself as it's an open competition, so if you think you're really crunched for time you can just peek in when I post a new assignment and decide if you want to participate or not. Sign ups are really only for those who want to be here from Day 1 and possibly want a prize at the end. ^_^
    But to answer your question, both of them are due tomorrow but I'm allowing extensions for anyone who needs them (and the extensions won't count towards the normal comp).
    Ok. I'll try to get them in. If not, like you said I'll just peek in on the next one.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • ayedenayeden Posts: 73 Member
    Mock Assignment:
    For this assignment, I took a picture of the Sim in game playing the violin, then when she was done moved her to the side and took a screen shot of the empty background. In photoshop I created a new project and copied first the empty background into a layer, then copied the image with the Sim into a second layer. I used the eraser with feather edges to remove the plumbob and the music notes from above her. I used the blur tool to help blend it in a little better since the images were slightly off from one another due to the animation in the background. I then used the eyedropper tool to select the color of her belt then used the color replacement tool to recolor her shoes. I then cropped the image to remove some of the extra on the sides and top so the sim was more in center.
    [img][/img]9d93d611-03a8-4e18-b232-d748a092b992.png
    edited July 2015
    @ayeden Wonderful! Thank you! Edit: For future reference, you don't need to manually add the "img" parts to your link. The link already has everything you need for it to show up.

@BobSkellington @youcrAzy13 @Ashley Sims @Alyssia29 @LeslieM25 This is due today guys. Does anyone need an extension?

Also, here is the time zone converter I like to use (it is also linked in the rules now). You can set it up for your time zone and add a few others so you can see when assignments are due. Remember, everything is due Arizona time, or MST (Mountain Standard Time).http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Once everyone submits, please give me a few days to get everything in order. I am currently working on large assignments for the comps I am in, we need to judge, and I need to work on the model wall. Everything will be up as soon as possible, I'm just asking for everyone to be patient. Thank you!
    Sign ups are now closed. Sorry to the ones who missed it, but I even gave you all night. :sweat_smile:

You guys know you can talk in the thread, right? :O So quiet. :bawling:
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    I would like an extension, please <3
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
    Sure, but where were you? You were active everywhere else. ;-; *Feels unloved*

I've decided to extend the mock due date by a few days since we're still missing Mary and I'm waiting for the other reserves to respond. The new due date is Thursday, July 9th. Hopefully everyone will submit or respond by then. D:
    If anyone needs anything or has questions, please don't be afraid to ask.
    @youcrAzy13 @Ashley Sims @Alyssia29 @LeslieM25

Anyone want to play a game to keep us busy? :D
    Ohhh! Or maybe some editing games! <3

I've decided to extend the mock due date by a few days since we're still missing Mary and I'm waiting for the other reserves to respond. The new due date is Thursday, July 9th. Hopefully everyone will submit or respond by then. D:

I am such a noob at editing, that this comp actually seems impossible.

I really do want to be good, learn new stuff and also make CC and poses.

I just have this weird complex that usually comes between me and whatever I want.
    sox3c8.jpg
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member

I just have this weird complex that usually comes between me and whatever I want.

What? I think you're amazing. All your sims are gorgeous! <3 The way I see it you are very good at editing too (at least alot better than me) xD

PEEt1Hh.gif?1

Wha? Impossible? D: Why would it be impossible? Like I've said before, you're already really good at editing. And I bet you anything that most of what we cover you already know how to do! xD

But I can understand that. I always want to improve myself, so I practice and research. :blush:

What? I think you're amazing. All your sims are gorgeous! <3 The way I see it you are very good at editing too (at least alot better than me) xD

Awh, you're so sweet <3 I absolutely love your Sims, they're so cute <3

I wish xD <3 I see great potential in you :)
    sox3c8.jpg