Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing & Modeling Tutorials ~

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Working on getting the Gimp tutorial up today, and hopefully the example tutorial.

If you guys need help with anything, please say so!

Otherwise, have a great weekend everyone!
    Attention-Grabbing-Headlines.jpg

Attention everyone.

I thought we could continue this with what we had left, but that no longer seems possible. For those confused, we have lost all but 3 models when we started with 8.

@BobSkellington can no longer continue because of his computer being in the shop.
    @Gemmabubbles and @PurpleKenzie19 have been MIA.
    @Minstrel is most likely dropping due to a busy schedule.
    And @PeaceSign101 is a confirmed drop.

With only 3 models I feel that it is a bit pointless to continue. This comp has been allowed to have a long schedule to compensate for busy schedules, even stretching it to 3 weeks (which is basically taboo in modeling) just so everyone can submit without stress, but that doesn't seem to be enough still.
    Not only that, but I feel our tutorials are not being used by the Sims 4 community despite the hard work we put into them. And from what I have seen of the editing (outside this comp) lately, I assume no one reads them to begin with, which is a shame and disheartening to witness after all the hours we've put into this.

I'm going to let people come and voice their opinions on whether or not this comp should continue, and if it does continue whether or not we should reopen sign ups.
    If we don't continue the comp, I'm not sure if we're going to release the rest of the tutorials. And if no one even uses them to begin with, then what's the point?

My remaining beginner's, @ayeden, @BabyCarrotz, @Amazingamphy, let me know what you think.

For those who lurk, feel free to speak as well.

In other words, the comp is closed until further notice.
  • PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    I'm sorry Mizzie :( I really, really am.
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Aww that's sad that so many people dropped out! I loved what you were doing here Mizzie!

You guys can come practice everything you learned in my Supernatural Competition! I was going to post this anyway now it seems the three of you might have some extra time. @ayeden, @BabyCarrotz, @Amazingamphy
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
    @PeaceSign101 It's not your fault sweet pea. I think it's been a long time coming.
    I'm just tired of working hard and then no one using the tutorials, and there's no way I'm going to let Eli write those last few tutorials and then everyone ignore them/not say thank you to her amazing generosity. If they're not even reading them, then I'm not letting her waste her precious time.
    @MizoreYukii That sucks that people weren't reading them. They're awesome!
    GqsONVc.gif
    @MizoreYukii I love your tutorials! <3 If it weren't for you, I would never be apart of the Simming community. You may not see it Mizzie, but you have probably helped a lot of people by those tutorials! And we are all forever grateful <3:cookie:
    dmlX3n8.jpg

@MizoreYukii I love your tutorials! <3 If it weren't for you, I would never be apart of the Simming community. You may not see it Mizzie, but you have probably helped a lot of people by those tutorials! And we are all forever grateful <3:cookie:

Agreed! <3
    GqsONVc.gif
  • IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    Just want to say thank you so much for the cutting out tutorial. It works amazing. Just used it and it was actually so easy to do. :)
    35a41sn.gif
    @PeaceSign101 @LeslieM25 Thank you Cookie and Leslie. I know it helped a few people, but majority wise it doesn't seem to have had an impact. v.v I'll still wait until the three check in and for other opinions before officially closing it.

@IncomingVirus You're welcome. Not sure which one you're referring to, but I'm glad it was easy.
  • IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    Haha sorry. The one with the two pictures, one black and one white. Worked amazing. Better than I thought it would. Always just used the magic wand in PS but was always stuck with jagged lines. So thanks again for that. Just made my life easier. :)
    35a41sn.gif
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    @MizoreYukii Oh no I just saw this and I'm shocked, I don't really know what to say :fearful: . I already took in game pictures of my model and now looking for the background, there are also poses with glaring clipping issues and I thought of asking you about it :sob:

But I'm sure many will find the tutorials very useful, even for the people outside the comp. You, @Eliavah , @LeslieM25 and others who spent huge efforts making the tutorials may not think people are using them much, but really, they helped me a lot with editing, I started from being a total noob at it, I can barely edit anything but now I feel more confident and maybe it'll help me be more prepared if I ever decided to join any additional comps too! If it weren't for you guys I wouldn't even participate in anything in the first place. So if you decided to close this comp down, it would be such a waste. I'd feel kinda let down but I also understand it requires so much time and dedication on your and everyone else's part and I also understand how disheartening it is when people doesn't read or appreciate your works so... I'm quite torn what to decide here D: Maybe reopening sign ups and (hopefully) getting several more beginners to join in doesn't sound bad at all since we're only left with 3 contestants. If a decent number of new contestants joined in maybe we can keep this comp going. I feel kinda bad myself because I couldn't participate anymore actively in the discussion (partly because I feel so overwhelmed by so many talented people here).

Just for the record, I did't enter the comp just for the sake of winning anything, I mean, of course winning any comps would be great, but I entered because I want to learn and be better at it. I find the tutorials to be useful outside of the comps too, I did edit some pictures I like and make it a pleasant pastime activities :)
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • lialia54lialia54 Posts: 127 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that your tutorials have really helped me (even though I wasn't in the competition.) I would have been so lost without these tutorials! It would be great if you could continue to make them so me and other silent lurkers could learn from them, but I understand if you feel like you need to stop the tutorials. Thank you for all of the help that they have given me and I'm sorry I didn't thank you sooner. :smile:
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited October 2015
    I also want to thank you for these tutorials, I never thought this was possible and now I am hooked. It will be so sad if they end this way. I, and I am sure a lot more people, are so grateful for these tutorials. I hope you change your mind. <3:)
  • JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited October 2015
    Finally got around to properly reading this thread! Mizzie where were you when I joined?! This is such a helpful resource and itd be a shame for it not to continue, as it has taught me a lot just from browsing. I'd be surprised if there weren't things even seasoned modellers could learn from this. Im so busy with university work at the moment but this just makes me want to jump into PS and do some major editing. It really breaks down the complexities well and makes them seem achieveable for everybody.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    @IncomingVirus You're welcome!

@BabyCarrotz You can still ask me about that even if we don't continue. ^-^
    I'm glad it helped you so much and that it inspired you to participate! Honestly, that really makes me happy that it had such an impact. After some discussion with Eli and thinking on my part, I may try reopening sign ups soon and see what we can get. And don't feel overwhelmed, you're one of the best beginner editors I've ever seen! You were already at a high level, and you just keep getting better. =D

@lialia54 @Issabella14 You're welcome, and thank you. I am considering restarting the comp, so if everything works out the rest of the tutorials will probably be finished. Hopefully. We'll have to see. >_<

@JoeJoe11 Thank you Joe! Yes, I wish these were around too, and I wanted them to be easy for everyone. xD I'm glad they taught you new things!
    I'm thinking about opening sign ups again, but I still want to hear what the rest of the beginner's/community think. I'll also have to to think about what themes to use for the first few assignments if we do restart, as they need to tie into the editing weeks to avoid overwhelming people.
    I'm thinking about opening sign ups again, but I still want to hear what the rest of the beginner's/community think. I'll also have to to think about what themes to use for the first few assignments if we do restart, as they need to tie into the editing weeks to avoid overwhelming people.

What about "In the limelight". :)
    edited October 2015
    Under the eye of the paparazzi. Things that a model experiences on a daily basis and gets captured by paparazzi. :) Don't know it you can run with that idea. :)
    Edit: for e.g. on a good day they capture you model with a celeb and on a bad day they capture her with a bad hair style and clothing and no makeup.
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    edited October 2015
    @MizoreYukii If you decide to open up sign ups again, I can make a post on my tumblr about it too. I have 313 followers right now and I'll tag it with like everything sims related. I bet there are a lot of people that see all the pretty simblr modeling pics and would participate in this just to even learn how to do those. Also, ask me to help with things if you get overloaded! :)
    GqsONVc.gif
    edited October 2015
    Yeah I don't think everyone really truly realizes how long it takes to write a good tutorial and how much work goes into it. My two that I wrote basically took me all day on my day off. It's because there is so much back and forth between doing example pics and making sure everything is really broken down nicely so that it's easy for people to learn from. If anyone has been using these and not commenting, please make sure to thank @MizoreYukii and @Eliavah for all of their hard work. It really is so nice of them to dedicate so much of their time to helping everyone. It's not like they're people who are sitting on their behinds all day with too much time on their hands too. They're both in college. I don't know what Eli is studying, but Mizzie is Pre-med! Not that that's any kind of a surprise because she's brilliant lol, but do you know how much work that is? The fact that both of them still made time to do all this is amazing.
    Just in case I never said it...
    MzRQRLW.gif
    GqsONVc.gif
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think everyone really truly realizes how long it takes to write a good tutorial and how much work goes into it. My two that I wrote basically took me all day on my day off. It's because there is so much back and forth between doing example pics and making sure everything is really broken down nicely so that it's easy for people to learn from. If anyone has been using these and not commenting, please make sure to thank @MizoreYukii and @Eliavah for all of their hard work. It really is so nice of them to dedicate so much of their time to helping everyone. It's not like they're people who are sitting on their behinds all day with too much time on their hands too. They're both in college. I don't know what Eli is studying, but Mizzie is Pre-med! Not that that's any kind of a surprise because she's brilliant lol, but do you know how much work that is? The fact that both of them still made time to do all this is amazing.
    Just in case I never said it...
    MzRQRLW.gif

I totally agree! Even though I had to unfortunately drop out, I will continue to read the tutorials. It's hard work to write them and the fact that they make sense (Seems like something basic, but most tutorials forget that) is pretty awesome!
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I'm a lurker! I am totally going to do this when I get time. I'm in a lot of comps right now...so basically just working on this as I get time. I should have done it the other way around!