Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just want to freak out...

slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
And tell everyone that I am downloading The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin right NOW!! I am so excited, I haven't played TS2 in forever!!

I originally contacted EA support because I lost the serial codes for my Bon Voyage expansion and my Kitchen and Bath stuff pack. Instead of giving me the codes, they just gave me the Ultimate Collection! Wow! I'm super excited especially because, although I have all the EPs for Sims 2, I do not have all the stuff packs. I was going to buy used copies off of Amazon but now I don't have to! This is grrrrrreat!

Ok, I'm done spazzing now, I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone. Haha. :D<3

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Congratulations!!! :mrgreen:

I've had the UC since last summer but only just got around to playing it in March, lol. I alternate between 2 and 3 right now, but I think I'll stay with 3 for a while since I just started playing with a genie!
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Yeah, I just started playing TS3 again after a break for a few months. I do love TS3 more but TS2 is a very, very close second. I figure, why not have both on my computer and enjoy them at the same time? Of course, I have to wait for TS2 to download and it is taking FOREVERRRR. 12 gigs is a lot to download! :'(
    I remember the struggle of downloading mine, 1.5 mbps, it took almost 4 hours. It was worth it though. :)
    edited June 2015
    Oh wow, I just checked after about 15 minutes, it is already at 32%. I didn't think I would get a chance to play tonight, but now maybe I will!

ETA I started downloading it like 2 minutes before I created this thread.
    Lucky you. :D

Are you going to be downloading any CC or Mods?
    I'm not sure yet. I don't use CC for TS3, mainly because it is such an unstable game. But, TS2 is a lot more stable, so I'm thinking about it. Probably just hairs and outfits, but we'll see. :)
    Well, I have some nice skin and eyes if you want some links for them. ;)
    Sureeee, thank you! I always used to go to MTS in the past; I will probably check them out again in the near future.
    Skin: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=17876.0

Eyes: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=306892

I also use a few hairs by cazy on TSR, you can just search "Cazy" and you'll see them. ;)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Congrats! I hope you have fun and remember it's a little harder but there's aspiration rewards! :mrgreen:
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    I remember when I randomly discovered last year that the ultimate collection was being offered for free, it's really exciting! Have fun!
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Congrats - thy was me a few weeks back!

Enjoy! I'm still only on my second gen of my legacy family because I get so caught up with the other families lol.

--T
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Have fun!!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Awesome! :smiley: Hope you have fun!
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
    I am having a blast. Been playing non stop since I got it, except for working and sleeping.

It is definitely harder but way more fun. I find it is more true to life than TS3 and the sims act more like real people too. I had forgotten all about their fun little mannerisms. :)
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    I remember the struggle of downloading mine, 1.5 mbps, it took almost 4 hours. It was worth it though. :)

Lol, my download speed is 100kbps, think about how I felt xD
    Astro wrote: »

Lol, my download speed is 100kbps, think about how I felt xD
    Lol, sometimes I hear people complaining about their "slow" 25mps. :D
    I was lucky. Mine only took about an hour. I was surprised, but very thankful lol.
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I haven't even played sims 2 yet, I'm on vacation and don't want that to get in the way, going home in 2 days, then I can finally play sims 2 for the first time.
    Mine took 2 hours to download.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Mine took foooooreeeveer. I hope I don't have to download it again for a long time.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    Mine took about an hour and a half to download. The game itself was slow getting started at first (loooooong inital loading screen) and that worried me, but once it got going it ran perfectly! Very happy with it! I hope you are too. o:)
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Mine took about an hour and a half to download. The game itself was slow getting started at first (loooooong inital loading screen) and that worried me, but once it got going it ran perfectly! Very happy with it! I hope you are too. o:)

That first loading screen started to scare me too. I just kept saying, please work, please work. Then I was googling and saw that it takes a while on the first start up. Phew.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    @Julie101 Aw man you've never played Sims 2? You are in for a real treat! The sims in Sims 2 are a bit more challenging to manage than the ones in 3 and 4, but it is well worth it and the game is so fleshed out. You will love it. At least, I hope so!

@pinkpuppy12 I am super happy and have been having a blast. I didn't get to play last night and am going through withdrawals. I can't wait to get home from work so I can play tonight.
  • milly001milly001 Posts: 394 Member
    Aha I feel so bad for you guys with slow downloads. Although my wifi is normally terrible it downloaded UC in about half an hour which suprised me.
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    @slynnski I've seen it's more challenging, no more going to a dresser to change your outfit you need to buy new ones, pregnancies are hard. I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it, I'm so excited to start playing.