Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden World In Newcrest?

Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
I was thinking about the new world and other things and it led me to wonder if there is a hidden world in Newcrest. I myself haven't went exploring Newcrest yet and am wondering if you guys know of one there? Was this just a Willow Creek/Oasis Springs thing or is EA extending these discover-able places into every world we get with TS4?
siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97

Comments

• mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    They would of said something quirky/annoying in the patch notes if there was a hidden lot.
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    They would of said something quirky/annoying in the patch notes if there was a hidden lot.

Oh that's true. Yeah, I didn't think of that.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • PatandRoxannePatandRoxanne Posts: 1,031 Member
    To be honest,
    Newcrest is a world which people have been demanding for since release. Everyone always wanted more space to build and this came to be. Also, i think Newcrest is located near Willow Creek as they share similar styles. As Magnolia Promenade had only FOUR lots, less than Outdoor Retreat, it's best to say it's located in between Newcrest and Willow Creek as they yet again share similar architecture and style.
    There you go.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I like Newcrest, I really do - but it's not really a finished world. They didn't even include a couple of necessary venues, like a gym, and yes they covered their faux pas nicely by inviting the simmers to #buildnewcrest, but I'm not fooled. There are virtually no public spaces (just tiny teasers) and no hidden worlds. It seems to me they rushed out a blank canvas just to give us room to build and expand which is absolutely fine, but to me it's just supplementary overflow for the real worlds.
  • mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    I like Newcrest, I really do - but it's not really a finished world. They didn't even include a couple of necessary venues, like a gym, and yes they covered their faux pas nicely by inviting the simmers to #buildnewcrest, but I'm not fooled. There are virtually no public spaces (just tiny teasers) and no hidden worlds. It seems to me they rushed out a blank canvas just to give us room to build and expand which is absolutely fine, but to me it's just supplementary overflow for the real worlds.

What do you mean by public spaces?
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Shiababy7Shiababy7 Posts: 100 Member
    Meaning the entire point of the world was to give us space to build homes for more families...most of the lots are oddly sized but also if you dedicate 5 lots for community lots you only really get 10 lots to play for households.

I think EA is asking a lot from loyal fans who are use to at least having 25 lots to play on for residential...this goes back to ts2
    To be honest,
    Newcrest is a world which people have been demanding for since release. Everyone always wanted more space to build and this came to be. Also, i think Newcrest is located near Willow Creek as they share similar styles. As Magnolia Promenade had only FOUR lots, less than Outdoor Retreat, it's best to say it's located in between Newcrest and Willow Creek as they yet again share similar architecture and style.
    There you go.

Here's how I look at it...

Ok so in Willow Creek, you can see a city in the distance. When we got Newcrest, I noticed that the buildings there look pretty much exactly like the ones (if not the same ones) we saw in Willow Creek. This leads me to believe that this is just all the same area (judging by the looks of the environment and buidlings). If this is true, then I have reason to believe that since it doesn't set directly in the city, Newcrest, is simply a district or suburb of a larger city, therefor making Willow Creek it's own separate town in which doesn't lie too far from *insert city's name in which we do not know yet*. Magnolia Promenade could possibly be part of the city itself, (if I'm not mistaken) It seems to sit just inside the city itself, making that part of *city who's name we do not know yet*. The forest area that came with Outdoor Retreat could be the woodlands that are on the outskirts of Willow Creek. If all this is true, then that puts dusty, arid, Oasis Springs sitting out in the middle of nowhere in some other part of the Sims universe. Maybe it's a town just out side of StrangeTown or something like that.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png

What do you mean by public spaces?

I think she means businesses. We didn't receive those areas like we did with Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member

It's meant to be blank lots. They are left for building. If you want those things, build them or download them.
  • deadgirl420deadgirl420 Posts: 2 New Member
    i always took it to be that all of the neighborhoods are actually a part of the same area, despite oasis springs having a desert feel. in magnolia promenade there's the riverfront and there's palm trees, which i thought might be meant to suggest that it's on a strip of land between oasis springs and willow creek. so the skyline we see in newcrest is most likely a nod to another world which will have more of a downtown feel, kind of like they're building up to having a major metropolitan area for your sims to travel.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm gonna call the city San Myshuno.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Spoiler to rambling thoughts on nc map in general
    To me the city in the distance from willow creek looks like the non editable buildings around newcrest from map view, but when you go into play mode the style of neighbouring buildings looks more like wc plantation style. Newcrests map view conflicts with what's actually on the map in play.
    Because of that i would see the city in the distance from wc as an early Easter egg to apartments/city life which would have inevitably came sooner or later. (Ramble ramble). It explains both the generic look of those scrapers in nc and wc maps. Actual ones weren't designed.

To the topic I don't think there is one or it would have been revealed by the staff if no one legit found it by now. If free swimming (lakes, ponds, oceans) was a thing they could have stashed a hidden entrance in the lake that's in the middle of the nc map, make use of that space.

I would personally love
    1. if they gave us a new blank world with a different neighbourhood style from what we've had. Preferably a downtown themed area
    2. If they went back and updated some of the more lacking world's for more lots. I.e.
    - Magnolia Promenade is a grid. Patch one ring around so 4 lots become 16. Boom an actually usable and potentially dedicated business district for retail and restaurants
    - OS and WC could have benefited from an extra row of lots for commercial lots
    - Del Sol Valley needs a "middle class" area. It's from basic starter condos to straight up mansions with no in between. Literally another small 3 lot hood in a more "up and coming" could have been added.
    - Strangerville could realistically have turned some the decor lots/trailers into actual lots. It's also a grid system which is easier to change.

caitytrina.png
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Loving the thoughts folks but please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2015, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top